What Are You Listening To 2019

Gibson87

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I actually laughed the first time I heard it :lol:

Not a bad verse until the 'Dracula's sidekick' part... the fuck is with that 'albums, out, now, pow, wow....' flow at the end? :lol:

I quite liked it myself, the pow wow bit was literally the shittest bit of it but the rest was alright  Been listening to Kamikaze a lot, I think it was solid as fuck.  Might even like it better than MMLP2, which I was quite fond of when it came out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I quite liked it myself, the pow wow bit was literally the shittest bit of it but the rest was alright  Been listening to Kamikaze a lot, I think it was solid as fuck.  Might even like it better than MMLP2, which I was quite fond of when it came out.

If the bonus tracks had been included on MMLP2 I think it'd easily be regarded as his 4th best album, maybe higher depending who you ask. Kamikaze is solid though, except the Jessie Reyez tracks bring it down a bit. But "The Ringer" is one of the best songs he's put out in a looooooong time. Fall, Greatest, Lucky You, and Not Alike are all killer tracks too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If the bonus tracks had been included on MMLP2 I think it'd easily be regarded as his 4th best album, maybe higher depending who you ask. Kamikaze is solid though, except the Jessie Reyez tracks bring it down a bit. But "The Ringer" is one of the best songs he's put out in a looooooong time. Fall, Greatest, Lucky You, and Not Alike are all killer tracks too.

I just can't stand like...the melodrama stuff from him?  Its alright when its kinda raw but when its like...all polished and Bon Jovi-ish, all that inspirational type shit, I dunno, its just not what I like.  He's always on point with the rhymes its just those sorts of themes just ain't me.  I never even listened to Revival, not even one track, cuz I could see where it was heading...same with Recovery, which I gave a couple of spins then couldn't be bothered with, I actually thought Relapse was better, though I understand I'm in a minority with that opinion.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I just can't stand like...the melodrama stuff from him?  Its alright when its kinda raw but when its like...all polished and Bon Jovi-ish, all that inspirational type shit, I dunno, its just not what I like.  He's always on point with the rhymes its just those sorts of themes just ain't me.  I never even listened to Revival, not even one track, cuz I could see where it was heading...same with Recovery, which I gave a couple of spins then couldn't be bothered with, I actually thought Relapse was better, though I understand I'm in a minority with that opinion.

I generally agree. If he'd dropped songs like The Monster and Headlights from MMLP2 and replaced them with Baby, Groundhog Day or Desperation, it would've fit the album way better. That album was sort of a hint of what was to come, but when it hits it fuckin hits hard.

As far as Revival... I literally listened to it once and deleted it. It was depressing to listen to. The only decent track(s) on the album are Castle/Arose (I don't really view them as 2 separate tracks but technically they're the last 2 tracks on the album) but even those are reflective themes that he's mostly done before. With Recovery and Relapse there's elements where I can at least see why 'stans' rate them highly, but I listened to those albums maybe a few times and forgot about them tbh.

If he'd got rid of the Jessie Reyez songs and 'Normal', then Kamikaze would've been an almost perfect album IMO.