Lots of old Recordings

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

One I could make out:

April 18, 1995

- Machine Gun and Toothpuller

It says GNR DEMOS REELS 3

I remember a Dizzy interview talking about Toothpuller:

On Izzy: [...]I saw the guy a couple years back in the studio… and he was showing me a song he had just written called "Toothpuller" – it was literally about him visiting the dentist and getting a tooth pulled out. [Dizzy then sings some of the lyrics] I mean… this is a guy who wrote some badass songs and now he’s writing about getting his tooth pulled… I mean come on… can you imagine Axl singing that live?’

http://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=30945

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slapshot61 said:

i got more pics but i want to see if i get a call about this pic first. dont want to piss anyone off.

That's allright! Thanks for sharing the info!! Maybe some new material from that era is on the way! At least we now know the names of the demos! :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

So you DO know they put out a boxed set last year right?  Whatever you had, we've heard.

Yeah...That's not how it works. They release what they think is worth releasing, not what die hards think is worth releasing.

13 minutes ago, Slapshot61 said:

put my name into ebay, thats how they found me. I invited them over to shop i guess. I got lots of posters from way back.

Who were you storing them for then? Some studio or something? As you seem to have many others?

5 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Oh my bad I misunderstood your job role, I thought they were just left there with no intent to be ever taken back. My bad

I'd get mad just for looking at the tag everyday and couldn't listen what's in there. I'd lost that job really fast! hahaha

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Argento said:

I'd get mad just for looking at the tag everyday and couldn't listen what's in there. I'd lost that job really fast! hahaha

you need a 2" machine for most of them and someone who knows how to work it. Theres just so much stuff, everybody records everything. I'm very sure there are more stacks like this one in someones house and other storage facilities. It kinda took a couple of fans to get anything goning on with these tapes.