Lots of old Recordings

6 minutes ago, zombux said:

I don't remember, it must have been some old interview with Duff about Izzy (?), maybe @SoulMonster will be the right guy to ask.

and damn, demos with Steve Stevens and Billy Idol - that must be the original "Neurotic Boy Outsiders" demos, before the lineup changed to the "classic Neurotic Outsiders" lineup. fuck.

oh well. I guess these tapes are as lost as Beautiful Disease (yeah, I know that it eventually got out as a promo copy, but still - it's not an official release).

Cheers. Yeah - to think all this stuff has been in storage just boggles the brain. Pretty sure it’s Duffs stuff so let’s just hope it all sees the light of day. 👍

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Yes @Blackstar, this is the exact interview i was talking about, thanks for finding it!

:headbang:

So yes now I am very convinced that the Duff & Izzy labels on those tapes HAVE to be the "ten demos" Duff and Izzy wrote for GNR in 1995

and I am also convinced that these are great songs that have GN'R HOLY GRAIL written all over them if you ask me!

Popular Magazine 2001 wrote:

Cheers for posting this - now I know where the confirmation of the 10 songs came from!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 11:40 PM, Propaganda said:

I would love to listen to those recordings from Aerosmith! The band at their best!

tried to send you the links via PM but says "Propaganda cannot receive messages" so i reckon either your box is full, or you blocked messages from me (or from anyone) or something is wrong with the site

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

tried to send you the links via PM but says "Propaganda cannot receive messages" so i reckon either your box is full, or you blocked messages from me (or from anyone) or something is wrong with the site

It's probably full, let me check! 

EDIT: done!

Edited by Propaganda

23 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I thought I knew quite a bit about Guns but some people on here have forgotten more than I know.😄  The knowledge on here is pretty amazing.

...and @SoulMonster and @Blackstar have basically created a free-for-all "GNR Learning Center" that you can go to anytime you please!

http://www.a-4-d.com/f19-gn-r-interview-and-articles-archive

:headbang:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

so in 1995 Izzy started  writing  music for Gnr again??

I'm not really sure if exactly *for GNR* but he was definitely writing with Duff.

(remember Duff was featured on most Izzy solo albums, and definitely on all of them in the 90's)

from wiki: 
In 1995, Stradlin began recording material for his second solo album, 117°.[6] Released in March 1998, the album was recorded in fits and starts over a period of two years and featured his former band mates Duff McKagan and Rick Richards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, zombux said:

I'm not really sure if exactly *for GNR* but he was definitely writing with Duff.

(remember Duff was featured on most Izzy solo albums, and definitely on all of them in the 90's)

from wiki: 
In 1995, Stradlin began recording material for his second solo album, 117°.[6] Released in March 1998, the album was recorded in fits and starts over a period of two years and featured his former band mates Duff McKagan and Rick Richards

20 hours ago, Italian girl said:

so in 1995 Izzy started  writing  music for Gnr again??

those izzy and duff quotes make it quite clear that they wrote the songs specifically for GNR/AXL, right?

Izzy: In April, 1995, Duff calls me again: "I'm trying to compose new songs for the guys in GN'R. Come and give me a hand." [...] I'd left Guns but I said to myself: 'Well shit, after all, why not?' Duff and I wrote ten pieces in the space of a week. We even recorded them as demos.

Izzy: In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band [GN'R]. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it.

On 09/01/2019 at 4:15 AM, zombux said:

good. so that means Izzy and Duff were in 1995 writing both for GNR and Izzy solo album, correct?

probably yes

@sidman69 brand new podcast has some great info about izzy jamming on studio with slash and duff and taz

this guy dave dominguez was around when they (izzy and slash) jammed with taz, apparently for izzy's album but he seems to be very confused on dates

starts on the 9-10 minutes mark

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/221904-our-interview-with-dave-dominguez-chinese-democracy-afd-re-recording-live-era-engineer/