Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I have no idea what Axl was or wasn't doing, as I wasn't there, but Izzy only went to select shows. He wasn't touring with Guns N' Roses.

Izzy would never last a two year tour that went off without a glitch! Everybody says that he's not reliable with long-term commintments. He never liked to tour and once he said he felt more comfortable if GNR was the size of the Ramones.

Missed the guy for a couple of show. Maybe my hopes was to bring everybody out for the final gig, but...

I still think that someday they will do it, even if it is for a special occasion,

But, knowing how GNR works, they will do it in a bowling alley for somebody's birthday with 100 "fans" or "friends" in it. Might be cool though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2019 at 6:40 PM, Modano09 said:

I watched this show for the first time in like a decade last night.

 

 

Axl looks great. He sounds great. The band sounds great. And Axl looks totally happy and energetic, excited to be performing. WTF happened? So much energy and momentum and then, just, nothing...

Great show, but people rate 2006 highly but didn't Ask have a  bad one in Rio that year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock Am Ring 2006 is the best concert in the post '93 Era. His voice was on point, he was in a great shape, he looks really bad ass during WTTJ. He really looks like modern Rockstar with new style and... new songs.. I really wish Reunion would happend in 2005 and not 2015 (semi-reunion). His voice is absoluty unbelievable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brownstone drum said:

Great show, but people rate 2006 highly but didn't Ask have a  bad one in Rio that year?

The sound mix was fucked - wasn't Axl's fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The sound mix was fucked - wasn't Axl's fault

How many times has Guns played RIR?  I know they played in '91 and it was really good but since then it seems like it's been a mini disaster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I remember from this time was everyone complaining at the time about how bad axl sounded!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

What I remember from this time was everyone complaining at the time about how bad axl sounded!

Yea, there was lots of "Axl sounds like shit", "Axl looks ridiculous", and lots of complaints about the guitar players in '06. And listening to the "Donnington Micpad Massacre" bootleg, his voice was definitely off/cracking/straining at times. But he could still "bring it" at the flick of a switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly enough, 2006 in Worcester Ma is the worst Guns show I've ever been too, by far.  I don't think it was the fault of the band, it was just terrible sound.  Couldn't hear a word Axl was singing almost the entire show.  Axl got pissed at one point and tried to storm off stage, Tommy stopped him.  I remember Axl saying a few times that he couldn't hear anything.  I've seen Guns in 93, 02, 06, 11, 12, 16, and 17 and 06 was by far the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

How many times has Guns played RIR?  I know they played in '91 and it was really good but since then it seems like it's been a mini disaster 

1991, 2001, 2006, 2011 and 2017

In rio 2006 his voice wasn't the best, semi-mickey and bad sound mix. (Tommy smashes his bass before jungle solo and goes off stage, maybe due to sound troubles)

The mix from the tv broadcast wasn't too bad, but the mix from the webcast was awful (Pitman louder than Axl, Bumblefoot's guitar muted during his don't cry solo...).

Luckily that bootleg isn't as common as RAR, where he did a killer performance and that's why most people like 2006.

As you can see, it wasn't his best show

 

Edited by fanfzero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

1991, 2001, 2006, 2011 and 2017

In rio 2006 his voice wasn't the best, semi-mickey and bad sound mix. (Tommy smashes his bass before jungle solo and goes off stage, maybe due to sound troubles)

The mix from the tv broadcast wasn't too bad, but the mix from the webcast was awful (Pitman louder than Axl, Bumblefoot's guitar muted during his don't cry solo...).

Luckily that bootleg isn't as common as RAR, where he did a killer performance and that's why most people like 2006.

As you can see, it wasn't his best show

 

Thanks for the info.  I remember '91 because MTV showed a few songs from their performance and I was stoked. I had a feeling that '91 was going to be epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock am Ring is a good show, but it’s not even in top10 shows from 2006 in my opinion.

In that era, I used to collect bootlegs, and I can remember that nova rock, download (both Dublin and uk), graspop were much better shows. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they would have released a dvd of the LA 2006 shows. Could have selected the best performances of the individual songs as they played two nights. 

Those shows were fucking awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I wish they would have released a dvd of the LA 2006 shows. Could have selected the best performances of the individual songs as they played two nights. 

Those shows were fucking awesome.

They played three LA shows at the end!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

They played three LA shows at the end!

Even better! :drool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, estranged_85 said:

And then, just nothing.... until the second biggest grossing tour of all time came along with Slash n Duff. 

But yeah, 2006 was amazing. Axl was really on point. Great vocals with ALOT of power. Great looks. Too bad the semi-reunion didn't happen then.

UYI tour, 2006-07 and 2016 was my fave GN'R/Axl years to date. 

Exactly this, with the release of CD in 2008 as another key momentum for me in the band's history.

2006 Axl was so bad-ass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 4:51 AM, nycgunner said:

And the video is gone....

Posting a YouTube link here is a death sentence 

I don't understand why those cunts at GNRLies are still being allowed to get away with this shit. The one little prick is just a bedroom dweeb and the troll who runs it is a sad sack who's never even been to a GN'R show. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of all the crazy events of 2006 in the GnR world, the thing that amazes me the most is that the band apparently played the AFD version of You’re Crazy at a show in West Virginia. No video, no audio. Nada. The band hadn’t played that version of YC since I don’t even know? 1988? And never again since 2006.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Out of all the crazy events of 2006 in the GnR world, the thing that amazes me the most is that the band apparently played the AFD version of You’re Crazy at a show in West Virginia. No video, no audio. Nada. The band hadn’t played that version of YC since I don’t even know? 1988? And never again since 2006.

I thought it would have been either the 87 ritz shows or earlier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Out of all the crazy events of 2006 in the GnR world, the thing that amazes me the most is that the band apparently played the AFD version of You’re Crazy at a show in West Virginia. No video, no audio. Nada. The band hadn’t played that version of YC since I don’t even know? 1988? And never again since 2006.

And uncle Axl probably has pro footage locked away in his safe :lol:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×