Eddie Van Halen Wanted to Join AC/DC

AFD5

15 hours ago, AFD5 said:

I've just remembered something else Brian told me his last gig with his group Geordie was in a club a few miles away from the club we were in. He said there was only about 40 people in the audience. He said one of the first shows he played with AC/D.C. was Maddison Square Garden he said there was something like 15,000 people there. I said "weren't you scared" Brian replied " Nar the way the lights are positioned you could only see the first 2 or 3 rows so it was ok.

Brian also told of his diisappointment at meeting his hero Chuck Berry. He said they were on tour with Berry in America & Brian asked for Berry's autograph Berry replied "No i'vs signed one today" Brian said that put him right off him & is the reason he'll never refuse an autograph

He must've caught Chuck on a good night.  Keith Richards caught him on a bad night and got punched in the face for his trouble.  Iirc, he also punched Ronnie Wood thinking that he was Keith.

• Haha 1

I don't know how much I believe the EVH thing. Not saying that Johnson was lying, but more that EVH may have been extremely drunk or kidding or both. Eddie is well-known for being a bit of a music snob. I really don't see him being enthused about playing AC/DC's music. In fact, other than Eric Clapton and Cream he pretty much doesn't admit to being much of a fan of others music. He even grew cold on Clapton over something Eric said about him.

10 hours ago, thunderram said:

I don't know how much I believe the EVH thing. Not saying that Johnson was lying, but more that EVH may have been extremely drunk or kidding or both. Eddie is well-known for being a bit of a music snob. I really don't see him being enthused about playing AC/DC's music. In fact, other than Eric Clapton and Cream he pretty much doesn't admit to being much of a fan of others music. He even grew cold on Clapton over something Eric said about him.

Didn't Eddie want to join Kiss too?  As weird as that sounds I think I remember reading that somewhere.

10 hours ago, thunderram said:

Brian had nothing to gain about telling me about Eddie as I said Brian told me he & Eddie had became great friends. Eddie had asked about joining AC/D.C. Wether you believe the story or not its up to you but I know what Brian told me that night.