Jobs you'll be glad when they're gone

downzy

For the umpteenth time I've had a delivery service fail at their jobs.  And the problem is always with the person who is responsible for delivering the package from the local shipping hub to my address.  I long for the days of drones and automated cars.  

So here's a thread started out of spite.  What jobs do you look forward to having a machine, robot, computer do.  

Delivery drivers are tops on my list due to their sheer incompetence and laziness.  I can't tell you how many times I've had packages that require signatures be left at my front door.  I've seen delivery drivers not even bother to knock on the door or ring the doorbell as I assume doing so would only increase the amount of time they spend on the job.  

Call center workers, for two reasons. 

1. They're treated like shit. They don't get paid very much and they're usually overworked.

2. A lot of the workers I've dealt with are very unhelpful and frustrating. I'm not talking about refusing to break company policy. I'm talking about the ones who get paid $8/hr and don't give a shit about their jobs because of what they get paid

10 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Call center workers, for two reasons. 

1. They're treated like shit. They don't get paid very much and they're usually overworked.

2. A lot of the workers I've dealt with are very unhelpful and frustrating. I'm not talking about refusing to break company policy. I'm talking about the ones who get paid $8/hr and don't give a shit about their jobs because of what they get paid

I hate the ones that call you from “The IRS” and try to scam you out of your money or SS. They prey on the innocence of older folk and foolish ones who buy that shit in a second, and then take their money. It’s cruel and they never get tracked due to usually being overseas in India.

I used to run a warehouse for a wholesale company... I can't imagine how much more frustrating that job would've been if the shipping/receiving part was automated. As for regular mail I've never really had a problem, the postal strike was annoying as my packages took forever to get here but that is what it is. I'd rather have a parcel left at my door, than have to wait a day and go get it from the post office or try to be home to sign for it.

35 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I hate the ones that call you from “The IRS” and try to scam you out of your money or SS. They prey on the innocence of older folk and foolish ones who buy that shit in a second, and then take their money. It’s cruel and they never get tracked due to usually being overseas in India.

I've gotten to a point where I'll play along up until they ask for the credit card info, give them 3 random sets of numbers, and hang up before giving them the last 4. If they ask for names and addresses, I give them fake, generic, non-existent ones. I hate scammers

• GNFNR 1

38 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I've gotten to a point where I'll play along up until they ask for the credit card info, give them 3 random sets of numbers, and hang up before giving them the last 4. If they ask for names and addresses, I give them fake, generic, non-existent ones. I hate scammers

A quick rant about the racial inferiority of the Asian subcontinent does the same trick in half the time :lol:  Or I just usually go, upon being asked if 'can I speak to so and so?' 'no, he died of AIDS last week'.

• Haha 2

And while I'm about it what the fuck are the bin men doing driving around at fuckin' 9am these days?  I mean a bin mans round is supposed to be in the morning innit, always was, the idea being that they don't block traffic up while a bunch of people are trying to get to fuckin' work, fuckin' get up in the morning and start your fuckin' round the time it supposed to be started you lazy fuckin' bastards.

19 minutes ago, Lio said:

Taxmen and women. Or anyone working for the government that is supposed to be helping their people, not harassing them and trying to find ways to extort even more money from them.

Best way to keep the taxmen off your back is to make sure your accountants are an age old and reputable firm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Best way to keep the taxmen off your back is to make sure your accountants are an age old and reputable firm.

I break out in cold sweat whenever I see a letter of theirs in my mailbox. And how they write too, completely incomprehensible and then IF YOU DON'T ANSWER BY XX, WE WILL FINE YOU. When you don't even know what they're on about. Assholes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

I break out in cold sweat whenever I see a letter of theirs in my mailbox. And how they write too, completely incomprehensible and then IF YOU DON'T ANSWER BY XX, WE WILL FINE YOU. When you don't even know what they're on about. Assholes.

Its a weird thing but every honest straight up person I know says that shit, 'i break out in a cold sweat whenever I see a letter of theirs', I wonder if crooks worry that much, I don't think they do y'know. 

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Its a weird thing but every honest straight up person I know says that shit, 'i break out in a cold sweat whenever I see a letter of theirs', I wonder if crooks worry that much, I don't think they do y'know. 

Yeah, true. I haven't done anything wrong at all. I shouldn't be scared at all. Thing is, they have the power and I'm sure they can always come up with something. It's so odd. They don't even know me, why do they want to make my life hell? They don't care either. I once got a fine of a huge amount, I was devastated. Went to the tax office immediately, but said person was on holiday and no one else could help me. They just shrug and are like: maybe next week they'll be back. WTF? I can't sleep with this thing dangling over my head! It was a huge sum. How do they think I will just go home and go on with daily life like that? In the end, I was right, they were wrong, I didn't have to pay, but they never even apologized.

Makes me sick I have to pay these assholes' wages and pensions too.

18 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, true. I haven't done anything wrong at all. I shouldn't be scared at all. Thing is, they have the power and I'm sure they can always come up with something. It's so odd. They don't even know me, why do they want to make my life hell? They don't care either. I once got a fine of a huge amount, I was devastated. Went to the tax office immediately, but said person was on holiday and no one else could help me. They just shrug and are like: maybe next week they'll be back. WTF? I can't sleep with this thing dangling over my head! It was a huge sum. How do they think I will just go home and go on with daily life like that? In the end, I was right, they were wrong, I didn't have to pay, but they never even apologized.

Makes me sick I have to pay these assholes' wages and pensions too.

The fucked up thing is that the slightest mistake, and i mean mistake, like missing out writing something or getting negligible figure wrong, can result in a fuckin' tax investigation where they'll go through all your shit of like the last seven years with a fine tooth comb, shit that they've already supposedly looked over obviously if its retrospective...and then when they can't find nothing trying to fuck you up over some teensy little about like 70 quid or something, eventually you come to feel that it's just all a fuckin' racket designed to fuck you out of your money and keep a bunch of fuckin' over-educated and under-endowed beaucrats in business. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

The fucked up thing is that the slightest mistake, and i mean mistake, like missing out writing something or getting negligible figure wrong, can result in a fuckin' tax investigation where they'll go through all your shit of like the last seven years with a fine tooth comb, shit that they've already supposedly looked over obviously if its retrospective...and then when they can't find nothing trying to fuck you up over some teensy little about like 70 quid or something, eventually you come to feel that it's just all a fuckin' racket designed to fuck you out of your money and keep a bunch of fuckin' over-educated and under-endowed beaucrats in business. 

I once had an investigation. I had to negotiate over every little thing and apparently I'd entered a few things in the wrong box. We have a huge tax declaration letter. It's hell. So he said they'd have to calculate that again, but I wouldn't be fined, because I didn't do it on purpose. I asked how much it could cost me, you know, so as I could save some money for the time it would come. He said: Not sure, but it won't be too much. Well, what is that? 10 EUR? 100? 1000? It could literally be anything, depends on your situation, right? He couldn't give me any estimate at all. I had to wait many months to get the new tax demand. I got a 5 EUR refund. Turns out I cheated myself :lol: Morons.

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

I once had an investigation. I had to negotiate over every little thing and apparently I'd entered a few things in the wrong box. We have a huge tax declaration letter. It's hell. So he said they'd have to calculate that again, but I wouldn't be fined, because I didn't do it on purpose. I asked how much it could cost me, you know, so as I could save some money for the time it would come. He said: Not sure, but it won't be too much. Well, what is that? 10 EUR? 100? 1000? It could literally be anything, depends on your situation, right? He couldn't give me any estimate at all. I had to wait many months to get the new tax demand. I got a 5 EUR refund. Turns out I cheated myself :lol: Morons.

This is a brilliant illustration of my point, all that hassle, stress and all that...and it turns out you ain’t done jackshit wrong, just a waste of everyones time all around.

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I sadly have the joy of dealing with both call centers and Bin Men as I work for a waste management firm.

i don't mind the actual bin men, its just the fuckin' madness of them doing their shift at like 9-10am instead of 5am-ish like they used to back in the day, i thought the whole point is you get out early so you ain't blocking up half the roads in England.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

And while I'm about it what the fuck are the bin men doing driving around at fuckin' 9am these days?  I mean a bin mans round is supposed to be in the morning innit, always was, the idea being that they don't block traffic up while a bunch of people are trying to get to fuckin' work, fuckin' get up in the morning and start your fuckin' round the time it supposed to be started you lazy fuckin' bastards.

Mine show up around 5am every Tuesday 

18 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Mine show up around 5am every Tuesday 

No doubt in the remote cornfield outpost of Iowa where there's fuck all better to do, fuck, I'd start at 3am but we're talking about the civilised world here Gibbo :lol:  England basically, the only civilised country in the world, I know, I've been everywhere and you're all animals.  You're somewhat retrieved by being the birthplace of John Wayne, other than that, nothin' :lol: