Jump to content
downzy

Jobs you'll be glad when they're gone

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Fuck you talkin' about? I live there! I'm the glue that holds this God forsaken state together :lol:

Sorry, yes, you and John Wayne, thats it :lol: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sorry, yes, you and John Wayne, thats it :lol: 

My mother in law was from there too. But that kinda backs up your original point. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My mother in law was from there too. But that kinda backs up your original point. :lol:

They have Mexicans in Iowa?  I would've thought its proper whiteboy country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The IRS. I was audited in 2012 and the IRS agreed with my return and sent certified letter stating. This after a year providing every financial document. However the audit division didn't share their decision with the annual tax return department as now every tax return is held referencing the 2012 audit 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

i don't mind the actual bin men, its just the fuckin' madness of them doing their shift at like 9-10am instead of 5am-ish like they used to back in the day, i thought the whole point is you get out early so you ain't blocking up half the roads in England.

It's becouse local councils don't like the noise polution so early on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Call center workers, for two reasons. 

1. They're treated like shit. They don't get paid very much and they're usually overworked.

2. A lot of the workers I've dealt with are very unhelpful and frustrating. I'm not talking about refusing to break company policy. I'm talking about the ones who get paid $8/hr and don't give a shit about their jobs because of what they get paid

Yes, after dealing with the DHL customer service on this matter, I whole heartedly conquer that it's another line of work that needs to be replaced with computers and algorithms.  First I'm told I'll get a call back today at noon about looking into the missing package.  Then I'm told it will be 4:00pm today.  Finally I'm told it will take three days and to expect a call two days from now.  Utterly useless.  When I ask the customer service person if it's common practice for a deliver driver to leave something at the door when the package requires a signature to be released, all I get back is a, "I don't know, i can't speak to this issue."  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, downzy said:

Yes, after dealing with the DHL customer service on this matter, I whole heartedly conquer that it's another line of work that needs to be replaced with computers and algorithms.  First I'm told I'll get a call back today at noon about looking into the missing package.  Then I'm told it will be 4:00pm today.  Finally I'm told it will take three days and to expect a call two days from now.  Utterly useless.  When I ask the customer service person if it's common practice for a deliver driver to leave something at the door when the package requires a signature to be released, all I get back is a, "I don't know, i can't speak to this issue."  

 

I got angry just reading that :lol:. I try to be as polite and understanding as possible to since I worked in retail for 4 years but what you're having to put up with is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some years ago a great show here pulled a prank on a company with an infamous callcenter. I'm happy to see the subtitled version is available. I know it's a long video, but so are most calls to a callcenter :P

It's so hilarious, but it's not even exaggerated really. Just a few months back I had a similar experience.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

They have Mexicans in Iowa?  I would've thought its proper whiteboy country.

That's only in the Western and Southern parts of the state. Everywhere else we have normal people and 17 year-old wannabe country boys who live in the rich suburbs and drive their dad's $60,000 truck while chewing Grizzly Wintergreen and drinking Busch light

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jury Duty

I think the courts should hire full time jurors to do jury duty instead of bothering people who have to miss work and get up super early to get to court by 8. It's annoying as hell.

My mom is retired and takes care of my daughter and still they keep sending her jury duty notices. I got one, but they never pick me. They usually like older people because they think they are more conservative. They've never met my mom. lol

I think they should hire people who actually can make bold decisions about cases instead of regular people who really aren't qualified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

anything fast food.

I know some people use them for quick money or are not "educated enough" to work in anything "higher". But I really feel that we don't need to be associating with garbage like that. Especially parents that buy their children that trash. 

Factory farms too. I know the majority of food comes from factories, but seeing videos of these losers mistreating innocent animals pisses me off. Why don't *they* teach the people how to farm and cultivate produce in schools? Wouldn't it be great if everyone grew their own food,

Edited by Serpens Albus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I got angry just reading that :lol:. I try to be as polite and understanding as possible to since I worked in retail for 4 years but what you're having to put up with is ridiculous.

My father use to go ballistic when speaking to customer service people over the phone and it would always make me cringe.  So like yourself, I always try to be as decent as possible considering the person on the other side of the line works at a terrible and mundane job.  But at the same time, if they are the point of contact between the company who failed the customer, they should understand that their company failings shouldn't be responded to by indifference and dishonesty.  

The worst experience I had was when I missed a flight with Turkish Airways and when I called their customer service department about it the person on the other end was so rude and hostile that she wouldn't provide me with her name or employee number.  I told her that I would report her conduct to her superiors and she told me to go fuck myself and good luck since she was the manager of Turkish Airway's Canada division.  

I've had a good experiences as well but enough of them have been terrible that I won't feel bad when all of this is outsourced to a computer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see every member of Lush’s sales staff replaced by a computer.

I don’t want a flamboyant person to ask me if I prefer baths or showers, pick a £25 box off a high shelf then to walk me to the till, when all I need is some soap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@downzy out of likes but I agree with everything you said 

3 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I would like to see every member of Lush’s sales staff replaced by a computer.

I don’t want a flamboyant person to ask me if I prefer baths or showers, pick a £25 box off a high shelf then to walk me to the till, when all I need is some soap.

Unless it's the guitar store or the record store, I won't go to a niche shop for that exact reason. I hate it when salespeople breathe down my neck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I would like to see every member of Lush’s sales staff replaced by a computer.

I don’t want a flamboyant person to ask me if I prefer baths or showers, pick a £25 box off a high shelf then to walk me to the till, when all I need is some soap.

Just tell em to fuck off.  Not like that obviously :lol:  Actually, even like that it wouldn't make a lot of odds, its different when northern girls are rude, its more lighthearted I find, you sort of expect it a bit :lol: 

 

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

@downzy out of likes but I agree with everything you said 

Unless it's the guitar store or the record store, I won't go to a niche shop for that exact reason. I hate it when salespeople breathe down my neck 

Again, tell em to fuck off.  Just be like, I'm just having a look round, thanks.  Don't avoid places cuz then the cunts win.  And we must never let the cunts win.  If I ever stand for public office that's gonna be my slogan.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, downzy said:

The worst experience I had was when I missed a flight with Turkish Airways and when I called their customer service department about it the person on the other end was so rude and hostile that she wouldn't provide me with her name or employee number.  I told her that I would report her conduct to her superiors and she told me to go fuck myself and good luck since she was the manager of Turkish Airway's Canada division.  

 

You gotta rate her a bit for that, be honest :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im shocked that a generation who apparently had to blow into their Nintendo cartridges to get them to work thinks that tech works well.

Well, the jobs arent going away like the title says, just the employment of a fellow human being. Im not for it at all. But it could be great for some volunteer roles where the skills and competency threshold isnt always up to the job. As far as drones delivering packages, living in Canada I have received packages in some really dreadful weather that drones couldnt and shouldnt fly in. Will capitalists risk flying drones in dangerous conditions? Yes, yes they will. And I dont wanna see my package of Toddler Num Nums on the news next to the granny who was crushed by a falling drone. Also I live in an apartment where a delivery person can come to my door but a drone couldn't so I would have to do more work to go down and pick it up from foyer. I order stuff all the time and even during the postal job actions stuff still arrived. Ive never had any issues what so ever. They go above and beyond all the time. Plus postal workers serve a social role as well. More then a simple hello, it will be a human postal worker who 1) knows a regular they chat with has Type 1 Diabetes and 2) will notice their absence from a routine and contact a friend/neighbour. Not to mention that CUPW is one of the strongest and most engaged unions in Canada. They fight for lots of important causes beyond their own interests. They fund many important causes.

Humans are kinda decent even if sometimes we need to blow into them to get them to work, lol. And the communities will build are resilient and important. My life is so enriched by a women I met while she works a job that will be automated in the next 10 years. Im gonna go kiss her real good. Enjoy your machines. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soon said:

Plus postal workers serve a social role as well. More then a simple hello, it will be a human postal worker who 1) knows a regular they chat with has Type 1 Diabetes and 2) will notice their absence from a routine and contact a friend/neighbour. Not to mention that CUPW is one of the strongest and most engaged unions in Canada. They fight for lots of important causes beyond their own interests. They fund many important causes.

Yeah, that's great. If only it still was like that. Ten years ago people still chatted with them but now they change what feels like every month and I don't even know what the recent one looks like.

I've been waiting for a letter from a friend since December, I know it can take longer but I'm slowly getting impatient xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dusty Bone said:

Yeah, that's great. If only it still was like that. Ten years ago people still chatted with them but now they change what feels like every month and I don't even know what the recent one looks like.

I've been waiting for a letter from a friend since December, I know it can take longer but I'm slowly getting impatient xD

Thats cool that a friend sent you a letter by mail. I only do that with some older family members. I came across a box of old letters recently and the smell and feel of the paper was a really cool memory experience. Hope it arrives soon, but you're a GNR fan so you should be used to a wait.

I guess Im lucky with my mail carrier. He's really fun. And helpful. But maybe most the world has moved on from Mr Rogers friendship with his carrier, Mr McFeely (and no doubt not only because of the creepy name) lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the summer between college and uni I worked as a mailman because I didn't want to be stuck in an office all summer. It wasn't a bad job... I was outside all day, no colleagues to get on my nerves, sweet old ladies who offered me cookies and I didn't have to wear a uniform like Mr Mcfeely.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, soon said:

My life is so enriched by a women I met while she works a job that will be automated in the next 10 years. Im gonna go kiss her real good. Enjoy your machines. :P 

Aye aye sir! *gets his fleshlight out and thinks about Soon and his bird havin' it off* :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Aye aye sir! *gets his fleshlight out and thinks about Soon and his bird havin' it off* :lol: 

She is not a real bird, you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

She is not a real bird, you know?

As long as she's goin' cheap..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*gets his coat*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna put this one out there ...Postmen 

 

I remember back in the day you would wake up at like 7AM your post would be waiting for you.

 

About 2 years ago we are sat at my Mum's all watching Telly n that about 8PM there is a knock at the door we are all thinking well we ain't ordered a take out of expecting anyone ... Open the door it's old Postman Pat init.

 

I said " What happened mate you get lost this morning? " 8 o clock fuck me ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×