Guns N Roses Fan Club items from 1996

2 hours ago, sidman69 said:

Anybody know who ran the fan club? I thought axls sister ran it. 

I think you might be right.

39 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Well it was 1990. I sent a money order and never received the product. No way to contact them except by mail. lol

They didnt have a phone number you could call?.

10 hours ago, k12 said:

anyone a member? I am going through some old stuff and I came across this, I remember I signed up for it for 1 year and I am pretty sure I was supposed to get a Newsletter every 4 months and I got this 1 newsletter and I never heard back from them, kind of makes sense if you look at the timeline as this was dated from May 9, 1996 and Slash left in October and maybe the band went into a disarray and they stopped sending them and making them, anyone know if they made any after this Volume 1 issue 3? anyone have any of the previous 2 Newsletters? it is odd though I received this in May 1996, and looking at the "Language of Fear" thing it talks about a contest and the entries have to be received by February 1995 and the discography says compiled November 1994 and Sympathy for the Devil was released in December 94 so I am guessing they just sent me an old copy.

gnr-envelope.jpggnr-discount.jpg

gnr-collect.jpggnr-collect-2.jpg%20

gnr-photo.jpg%20

gnr-history1.jpg

gnr-hisor-2.jpg%20

gnr-conspir.jpg%20cons-2.jpgcons-3.jpg%20

cons-4.jpg%20cons-5.jpg%20cons-6.jpg%20

cons-7.jpg%20gnr-cons-8.jpg%20

Thank you for sharing. This was a great read and brings me back to the days when fanclubs were all about the mail and excitement of receiving your club letters and magazines.

I remember sending away for info in the very early 90s, around 93 or so.  I was excited cause Pearl Jam had an awesome fan club....you got these really awesome newsletters and an exclusive 7 inch single.

Well, my GNR info arrived and I think it was a postcard or something.  They wanted $24.99 a year and promised "all kinds of cool stuff."  I was in high school.  I didn't have that kind of money.  Pearl Jam was something like $5 or $10 and you got way more.  So I never joined.    Didn't regret it either....imagine all those years of "nothing" I would have got for my money.

PJ on the other hand gave me all those records over the years PLUS preferred seating at their shows based on member seniority.   I eventually let that membership go too, but man, nobody beats Pearl Jam for how well they treat their fans.  I mean, they still take their money and all, but at least you GET really good shit for it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I remember sending away for info in the very early 90s, around 93 or so.  I was excited cause Pearl Jam had an awesome fan club....you got these really awesome newsletters and an exclusive 7 inch single.

Well, my GNR info arrived and I think it was a postcard or something.  They wanted $24.99 a year and promised "all kinds of cool stuff."  I was in high school.  I didn't have that kind of money.  Pearl Jam was something like $5 or $10 and you got way more.  So I never joined.    Didn't regret it either....imagine all those years of "nothing" I would have got for my money.

PJ on the other hand gave me all those records over the years PLUS preferred seating at their shows based on member seniority.   I eventually let that membership go too, but man, nobody beats Pearl Jam for how well they treat their fans.  I mean, they still take their money and all, but at least you GET really good shit for it.

I was part of the maiden fanclub and you got discount on merch, preferred seating and a magazine every 3 months which is more than you get with the gnr "fanclub".

Very cool, thanks for posting!

There sure are a lot of pics of Slash with his pants button undone, out there lol. Or maybe just this one, very well circulated pic?

Not knocking it, I always forget that I unbuttoned during a big meal at restaurants and end up standing up with my pants falling down. I just feel like a photographer could give him a heads up about it. :lol:

Dizzy on bongos, Matt making tea, Slashs pants falling off... Del James? Who chose these pictures?!?

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, soon said:

Very cool, thanks for posting!

There sure are a lot of pics of Slash with his pants button undone, out there lol. Or maybe just this one, very well circulated pic?

Not knocking it, I always forget that I unbuttoned during a big meal at restaurants and end up standing up with my pants falling down. I just feel like a photographer could give him a heads up about it. :lol:

Dizzy on bongos, Matt making tea, Slashs pants falling off... Del James? Who chose these pictures?!?

The slash phooto ive seen in other magazines around 89/90 so it wasnt taken in 96. Abit of an old photo.

5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

The slash phooto ive seen in other magazines around 89/90 so it wasnt taken in 96. Abit of an old photo.

Ah, I see, thanks. I must have seen it around elsewhere too. Doesnt look like a current pic of Duff there either come to think of it. I guess it makes sense that Sorum was featured so heavily because the others were so scattered and preoccupied at that time. Sorum was one of the few who could shower, shave and show up for stuff like this at the time.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Ah, I see, thanks. I must have seen it around elsewhere too. Doesnt look like a current pic of Duff there either come to think of it. I guess it makes sense that Sorum was featured so heavily because the others were so scattered and preoccupied at that time. Sorum was one of the few who could shower, shave and show up for stuff like this at the time.

Yeah i reckon the other photos are from either the illusions period or 93 spaghetti incident era. Especially that photo of dizzy was i think was in the spaghet t i incident inlay booklet album......

• Like 1