Guns N Roses Fan Club items from 1996

Two things I memorized from this thread, "We've taken back control of our fan club, this fan club will be the most twisted sucker of your block and you deserve nothing less", and the 2 dollar coupon.

Come to think of it, it still sounds better than today's "Nightrain". At least you would get an interview with Matt Sorum in your mail. :awesomeface:

Edited by Propaganda

"LIVE!!!! From "Burning Hills", California...

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude....

#1. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses tour.

#2. There will NOT be an official Guns N' Roses web site.

#3. There will NOT be any NEW Guns N' Roses videos.

#4. There will NOT be any new Guns N' Roses involved merhandise.

#5. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses Fan Club.

#6. There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with

three original "B" sides.

NOTE: If all goes well this will be immediately repeated.

#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses

endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses

since April 1994 with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk

Wylde and a 2 week initial period with Guns N' Roses in the late fall

of '95. He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the

Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995.

Nothing here is Subject To Change

Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION

Of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic"

SINCERELY,

W. Axl Rose

Big FD Ent., Inc.

Mike "Duff" McKagan"

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Creed said:

Except the fact that this Axl rant was just ridiculous and his stubborn idiotic temper made a lot of these points really happen...even til now. 

what were the original 3 b-sides, he was talkin about? shadow of your + 2 other songs?

At that point of time, it would have been 3 singles released w non album b sides. Who knows what they were or if they were even written by then, but that was common practice for a major release in the late 90’s.   

Seems like this was the moment where original partnership trademarks/logos weren’t going to be used for the foreseeable future and they were going to operate under the new entity 

39 minutes ago, Creed said:

the logo stuff and merch problem make sense, but Axl still wanted to release this 1996 album. Well, good ol' Axl. Sending a fax rant to MTV...

I think the fax was more to publicly let Slash know or call some type of legal bluff that he was now operating under the new GNR entity with the banner of a new album

The rest of it looks like he was publicly announcing to Slash that he planned to cut him off from any new revenue generated from the old partnership.

He backtracked on all fronts with amount of $ the license from the old partnership could still generate and with his participation/release of Live Era

11 hours ago, thealterman said:

Let me know if there is any interest in the 3rd one. I only have 4 issues, my guess is either I stopped my membership or that was the last issue. 

Absolutely, keep them coming please. I'm loving the little interviews and all the stuff.

I guess the live like a suicide vinyl reissue "fan club exclusive" advertised on this issue never came to be after all.

Edited by Twinaleblood

Here’s issue 4 and a letter that came with one of the issues.

https://imgur.com/gallery/c0kgZwt

You also received a membership card. I must have ordered some shirts through this because I was cleaning out some old stuff and found the stage dive one on the top left corner of the “GN’R Collection”

I didn’t see any other reference to the vinyl, I would have liked to have picked it up!

If I stumble across anything else I’ll be sure to post!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thealterman said:

Here’s issue 4 and a letter that came with one of the issues.

https://imgur.com/gallery/c0kgZwt

You also received a membership card. I must have ordered some shirts through this because I was cleaning out some old stuff and found the stage dive one on the top left corner of the “GN’R Collection”

I didn’t see any other reference to the vinyl, I would have liked to have picked it up!

If I stumble across anything else I’ll be sure to post!

Enjoy!

The link doesn't work.

Very cool memento. Thanks for sharing!

They were indeed trying to rebuild buzz for the band in ‘96. I specifically remember a DJ coming on after playing “Don’t Cry” in the Spring of ‘96, and making mention of Guns allegedly being back in the studio. Just made it even more of a “knee to the nuts” when Slash’s departure was announced that fall though...