30 Day Song Challenge #4

BlueJean Baby

Back by popular demand, another song challenge. This one (for the most part) is movie themed. Most of the daily challenges were given to me by @Oldest Goat:lol:  Thank you @Oldest Goat:hug:

Same Rules as always, no more than two songs per post unless using the hidden feature, to prevent slow page loading.

If you are the first one posting the song for the day, please state Day # and what the challenge is.

Here is the list:

1. Your favorite Guns N' Roses song?
2. A song suitable for a horror film.
3. What song makes you think of MyGNRForum?
4. A song suitable for a romantic film.
5. What song makes you think of your home or family?
6. What song do you feel represents you in the eyes of others?
7. A song from a movie soundtrack in the 1990s
8. A song suitable for an action film.
9. What song do you want played at your funeral?
10. A song suitable for a western film.
11. A song from a movie soundtrack in the 1970s
12. A song suitable for a war film.
13. A song that embodies a favorite book or painting.
14. A song you would include on the soundtrack if you were making an animated film.
15. What song would you like to be made into a movie?
16. A song you would include on the soundtrack if you were making a sci-fi film.
17. A song you could write an essay on.
18. A song that sums up 2018 for you personally or just generally.
19. A song in a language you'd like to learn.
20. You have suddenly gone insane or taken too many drugs...what song do you hear?
21. If you were a professional wrestler/boxer/fighter...what would your intro song be?
22. What song would you like expunged from existence?
23. A song referencing your favorite animal.
24. A song from a movie soundtrack in the 1980s
25. A song featured in a favorite video game.
26. A song for people who talk too much during movies.
27. A song you enjoy from a genre you typically do not.
28. A song from a TV show or stage show.
29. If you were running for president of your country or perhaps the world...what would be your campaign song?
30. The universe is ending...what is the last song that should ever be played as you witness its final demise?

I will start off with this.

Day 1. Your favorite Guns N' Roses song?

Edited by BlueJean Baby
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Day 1

That song is fuckin' dreadful.  Its the one original GnR song out there (proper GnR I mean, not that Chinese Democracy bollocks...and original I mean as in not a cover) that I can say is truly shit.  There's no other song off of Appetite Lies UYI I & II that I can say that about, they're all pretty good, even My World, which to me is just a jokey little experiment of a song that the fanbase has been guilty of being sort of over-critical of...but Coma is pure shite.  Its that awful self involved fuckin' bollocks that Chi Dem is fraught with.  Certain other songs are like that, Estranged, its not a theme that I'm 100% against if its done right (Estranged is retrieved by amazing guitarwork and that brilliant 'when i find out all the reasons' ending bit).

I guess I just like my Axl with a healthy dose of the defiant can't hold me down lemme see ya try variety.  Lippy Axl. 

Its so weird how these videos are like, freely available now at the click of a mouse.  I used to have a fuckin' cassette on standby, ready to stuff into the machine everytime a GnR video came on The Box or The ITV Chart Show to record and watch over and over and over and over til the fuckin' cassette wore out.  I think I only ever managed to get Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle and half of You Could Be Mine.  You Could Be Mine was on a tape right after Psycho III and whenever I listen to that song to this day I get the end credits tune to Psycho III goin' in my head.  I would've fuckin' donated a bollock to get all these videos together in the same place like they are now, free like its nothing.  Shit, you'd have to do a fiver on the phone call just to order one off of The Box...and thats aside from the discomfort of having my old man stuff the phone bill up my arse at the end of the month :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its so weird how these videos are like, freely available now at the click of a mouse.  I used to have a fuckin' cassette on standby, ready to stuff into the machine everytime a GnR video came on The Box or The ITV Chart Show to record and watch over and over and over and over til the fuckin' cassette wore out.  I think I only ever managed to get Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle and half of You Could Be Mine.  You Could Be Mine was on a tape right after Psycho III and whenever I listen to that song to this day I get the end credits tune to Psycho III goin' in my head.  I would've fuckin' donated a bollock to get all these videos together in the same place like they are now, free like its nothing.  Shit, you'd have to do a fiver on the phone call just to order one off of The Box...and thats aside from the discomfort of having my old man stuff the phone bill up my arse at the end of the month :lol:

Okay, I'm much too young to know these times but I used to do that on the radio. I didn't have a lot of access to the internet and when I did I recorded music on my phone, a low quality Nokia voice recording (because the music recordings took away almost half of the storage available) but good enough for me at that time. I loved recording songs from the radio, and although I haven't listened to them for a while now because I prefer listen to music I really like instead of the mostly shitty music they tend to play on the radio my brain still continues with the next song on the cassette whenever a song I have on cassette ends.

Day1

This challenge kicks really bad a****s 😍 I can't post videos today,so I'd say that my no1 favorite is Coma & the 2nd one,Estranged....I'd also put into the spoiler frame Don't cry2,November Rain,Rocket Queen,Breakdown,So fine ,Dust n bones...But nothing gonna take the prize away from Coma....

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It's crazy how fast things change... I used to sit through seven videos and three commercial breaks because some VJ said they were going to play a video of my favourite band in the next hour and I didn't want to miss it. Now I can watch it within 5 seconds. My dad was a kid in the 50's and they didn't even have TV at first, now he can't go 15 minutes without checking something on his iPad. There's something unsettling about that too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Day 1.

Now thats a fuckin' band!  Slash is the first person I ever saw in a band and thought 'fuckin' hell, I wannabe him' :lol:  He looked like the coolest fucker I ever saw...and when he talked he sounded like it too, he's got that fuckin' archetypical semi-wasted guitar player voice/accent.  Like if he weren't playing a guitar he'd be just as happy planked out on a beach somewhere staring at tits.  Turns out however that he's quite the opposite and actually pretty hyper-active.  Whereas Axl comes across like a mildly agitated obssessive type, the type that usually gets shit done...and it takes the cunt a decade plus every time just to get his finger out.

• GNFNR 1