Have there been any connections to GNR and Woodstock 50 yet?

Was checking some lineups of this year USA festivals this year and they are so much worse than European ones. Metal festivals have nothing on Graspop, Hellfest and Download(s) and rock festivals (that almost aren't even rock anymore) have nothing on Rock Werchter, Mad Cool or Rock am Ring.

Headliners on Bonnaroo: Phish x3, Odesza, Post Malone, Childish Gambino, The Lumineers. Rock Werchter headliners: Tool, Muse, The Cure, Florence and the machine, Mumford and sons and Pink. Both really mainstream but Wercher has so much more quality and is so much stronger

I can't imagine Woodstock being that much better than other American ones

On 10.1.2019 at 6:36 AM, adamsapple said:

Install a big ass stage at the border of Mexico, then play two concerts back to back on each side of the border. And top it off with inviting Donald Trump. THAT would kick some serious ass and have meaning.

Fuck I could even see Page/Plant and Waters/Gilmour joining that one just for shits and giggles.

Just checked the news...Roger Waters seems to like the idea too. :lol:

15 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Yeah, but remember that there were initially only 3-5 shows planned (according to various band members). The public interest and demand is what convinced them to do a full-fledged worldwide tour. There weren't any plans for new music when that whole thing got started, it was just basically Axl, Slash, and Duff saying "Hey, we're friends again, let's give the fans what they've been asking for".

Its Simple Its Business 

On 12/01/2019 at 9:26 AM, donny said:

Led Zep anniversary this year. a one off gig with Jason Bonham on drums would eclipse GNR playing that same old cover shit like KOHD and LALD. 

I would say page woukd like the idea but good luck coaxing plant to the idea.

15 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Its a matter of trying to convince gilmour for a pink floyd reunion.

Without Wright I doubt they'd call it Pink Floyd, but them playing together for a good cause might not be out of the question, since the Pink Floyd reunion was for Live8, so...fingers crossed. ;) From what I heard in the media, Waters is actually evaluating options for such a "wall gig" as stated in the other post. If it does happen and it becomes a bigger thing, GNR should join as none of them is a big Trump fan and especially Axl is quite up front about it. And they covered PF in their concerts, a lot actually. Just think of Axl and Slash joining Waters/Gilmour for a live version of ABITW...that would be just...wow. So many options...what are they waiting for? This idea is so much bigger and better than some Woodstock nostalgia. :lol:

• Like 3

Why do people keep saying Woodstock nostalgia???? Coachella started in 1999, but im not here worried about "Coachella nostalgia."

Why can't we except things as an EVOLUTION of something that was once great???? 

The more we progress, the more we stay grounded. Have to love progress.....

Edited by KeyserSoze