Whatshisface from Neighbours is a Sex Case

Len Cnut

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scrubby

Dirty ugly people saying 'cunt' a lot and talking in weird dialects before they "nick" something, get pissed, stab someone, and then go in an allay to fuck other dirty, ugly people. Sounds definitely more interesting than 'Dallas'.

And there I was thinking it meant a member of the gentry!

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It was The Broom Cupboard up until 17:35 if I recall and then The Filntstones until the news was on at 18:00. Neighbours took over that 25 minute slot.

Tell you what though. I'm amazed at how much I can remember from that long ago yet I don't even know what I had for dinner yesterday. :lol: 

Anything pre-exstacy memories survive I find :lol:

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The title of this thread is the most Len title ever!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I alluded to what when I commented upon it combining two of Len's fascinations: dated TV series and celebrities that turn out to be sex offenders (although that is perhaps more Diesel's thing, or Dazey's..come to think of it, it seems all the English here are enthralled by such revelations).

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You couldn't have copied and pasted it you thick cunt? :P:lol: 

The answers sort of it in the questions here :lol: Open the article, click copy, back to the board, paste it in, hoping it don't paste all bold in a white rectangle, why not just type 'whatisface from Neighbours', its quicker :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

celebrities that turn out to be sex offenders (although that is perhaps more Diesel's thing, or Dazey's..come to think of it, it seems all the English here are enthralled by such revelations).

I find it hilairious, I don't know why.  Shouldn't really admit stuff like that but...I dunno, it all depends on your outlook, I can't be the only one either, everytime one of these shits happens a hundred pub jokes of Jimmy Saville or Rolf Harris or whoever come about.  Something about Rolf Harris bowling through TV studios in the 70s and 80s grabbing birds tits, grim and awful though it is in one way, is kinda hilairious in another way.  Not cuz of the sex offenderyness but cuz of what a pathetic character he is. 

I still remember Sons and Daughters too, but mainly the theme song. Australian soaps have always been big here in Belgium too. As a kid, I always wanted to live in Ramsey Street, Erinsborough. A nice cul de sac, always sunny weather, everyone had a pool in the backyard and handsome boys like Scott and Mike.

I still think Australian soaps are much nicer than American ones. Better actors too, I think. We had American soaps here too, but no British ones.

12 minutes ago, Lio said:

I still remember Sons and Daughters too, but mainly the theme song. Australian soaps have always been big here in Belgium too. As a kid, I always wanted to live in Ramsey Street, Erinsborough. A nice cul de sac, always sunny weather, everyone had a pool in the backyard and handsome boys like Scott and Mike.

Television has a wonderful way of selling these things to you, especially when you're a kid.  And I think to a point these impressions never really leave you, partly because you don't want them to, even when you know better.  It works the other way too, it can make some quite grim envoirnments look quite charming.

Edited by Len Cnut

14 minutes ago, Lio said:

I still remember Sons and Daughters too, but mainly the theme song. Australian soaps have always been big here in Belgium too. 

We had American soaps here too, but no British ones.

Same here. I remember my mom watching Sons and Daughters, and come to think of it, it could have been on Belgian TV.

We had surprisingly a lot of Australian series on TV, hardly any British ones. Wonder why that is.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Cuz they're fuckin' terrible :lol:  Mind you, so are the Aussie ones.

Yeah, but I was speaking in general... I think 85% of the foreign stuff we got was American, and the rest was Australian or from some other European countries. I remember The Young Ones and obviously Mr. Bean was huge, and you had your Monty Python and Blackadder, but there wasn't that much coming from the UK. Or maybe I purposely avoided it... hahaha.

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, but I was speaking in general... I think 85% of the foreign stuff we got was American, and the rest was Australian or from some other European countries. I remember The Young Ones and obviously Mr. Bean was huge, and you had your Monty Python and Blackadder, but there wasn't that much coming from the UK. Or maybe I purposely avoided it... hahaha.

We did have a lot of British series, just not soaps. But we had Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, French & Saunders, The Good Life, You Rang M'lord, Are You Being Served, On the Buses, Dad's Army... The list is endless. I don't know how you managed to avoid all that :lol:

1 minute ago, Lio said:

We did have a lot of British series, just not soaps. But we had Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, French & Saunders, The Good Life, You Rang M'lord, Are You Being Served, On the Buses, Dad's Army... The list is endless. I don't know how you managed to avoid all that :lol:

Dang... I only know a couple of those titles. I was probably too busy watching the A-team or it's before my time.

38 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Bottom is like a religion to me.

I still remember vividly watching the first ever Bottom episode on the telly in my parents bedroom back in the early 90s. I laughed so hard over the johnny machine scene I think I might have pissed myself a bit. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

27 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I still remember vividly watching the first ever Bottom episode on the telly in my parents bedroom back in the early 90s. I laughed so hard over the johnny machine scene I think I might have pissed myself a bit. :lol: 

The first episode I ever saw was the Chief Inspector Grobelaar one, the very end of it, there was an argument going on with my brother who was watching it at the time, I was just a baby going 'turn it off, put something else on' etc, without even having seen it, y'know what kids are like and he's just like shut the fuck up, its nearly finished and it was right on the bit where they jump Chief Inspector Grobelaar in the bogs...I fell in love right there and never recovered :lol:  Then recognised Rik Mayall from Grimms Fairytales and the fuck knows how many other things I saw him in.  Ade too though a little later.  I remember seeing dribs and drabs of The New Statesman as a kid too when my sister used to be watching it but I was too little to make sense of it, you put me onto it later I think, thanks for that.  A lot fuckin' later.

Edited by Len Cnut

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am going to make a confession here. I've never seen an episode of either Bottom or The Young Ones

You'll probably struggle with The Young Ones now, though it is its own kind of amazing.  Bottom you should check out though, the TV show.  I think one tends to benefit from growing up with this sort of thing though cuz its quite juvenile.  You'd probably love Bad News too, being an ex metaller.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You'll probably struggle with The Young Ones now, though it is its own kind of amazing.  Bottom you should check out though, the TV show.  I think one tends to benefit from growing up with this sort of thing though cuz its quite juvenile.

It proved elusive for me whilst growing-up. 

You can't watch everything. 

I've been trying to find another person on planet earth who has seen this but I can't.  And I dunno why either, its hilairious.  Its like a one off thing about a depraved South African TV presenter called Eddie Monsoon.  Very 80s but very hilairious too.  Children get shot in it, i mean what more could you ask for? :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

Did anybody ever watch Ripping Yarns? Was a kinda satirical Comic Strip type show from a couple of the ex Pythons. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I've been trying to find another person on planet earth who has seen this but I can't.  And I dunno why either, its hilairious. 

Can’t believe I literally posted a Comic Strip reference just as you were writing that. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey