Whatshisface from Neighbours is a Sex Case

Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The truth about all this shit is, the whole this comedy vs that comedy, is that both sides have a bit of a point.  i mean lets have it right there is some fucking shite British comedy out there...telly in general, in fact I'd go so far as to say 90% of it.  Thats why the good stuff is so valuable, cuz its so rare...but lets be honest, telly is a load of fuckin' bollocks and it always has been, its just fuckin' brain pollution for the lobotomized masses (of whom i am a part of).  Americans are just particularly shite.  Anything that designed for the broad populus will by definition be shite because it can't say anything contentious cuz it risks lessening its appeal and killing itself as a consequence.

Agree len, but i cant go past british movies like open all hours, george and mildred, carry on movies, benny hill , the young ones, some mothers do havem, keeping up appearances. In my view it was the golden age of british comedy and tv, very politically incorrect but thats why those shows were so good 

14 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Agree len, but i cant go past british movies like open all hours, george and mildred, carry on movies, benny hill , the young ones, some mothers do havem, keeping up appearances. In my view it was the golden age of british comedy and tv, very politically incorrect but thats why those shows were so good 

You should REALLY check out Til Death Us Do Part and Steptoe and Son.  A lot of the ones you have mentioned are pretty good but they were also sort of the family friendly stuff.  Not that the ones I mentioned weren't, its just they were a lot more contentious too.  And WAAAY politically incorrect, even for their own times. 

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sure, you make a good point, but as far as pointing out that we are all valuable then I think Derek is even more explicit whereas it is more hidden in The Office and Extras. But I am remarkable obtuse when it comes to messages in series and movies :lol: 

Its really not that difficult, I just don't think you're so much into it so you don't spend a lot of time thinking about it maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its really not that difficult, I just don't think you're so much into it so you don't spend a lot of time thinking about it maybe. 

Hmmm. I had to think about that. I am probably not so much into series and movies today (although that is more about not having the time for it), but I was young ones and back then life revolved around TV (and music and girls) and even then the broad points intended went by me.

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Hmmm. I had to think about that. I am probably not so much into series and movies today (although that is more about not having the time for it), but I was young ones and back then life revolved around TV (and music and girls) and even then the broad points intended went by me.

Hey, at least the shit you know about can result in a decent job, whats my fuckin' knowledge of long defunct sitcoms gonna do for me? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Hey, at least the shit you know about can result in a decent job, whats my fuckin' knowledge of long defunct sitcoms gonna do for me? :lol: 

I still think that after some logopedic wizardry the idea of you posting videos with flowing commentaries about the content, cultural references and jokes of Tv series and movies could be a great hit. Might be a copyright violatin, though.

Another confession. I have only seen one episode of Alan Partridge, and then only because I obtained a free dvd in Atari's favourite newspaper. 

I suppose a lot of the newer comedy proved elusive for me. I was brought-up on the classic stuff, Dad's Army, Rising Damp, Frank Spencer, Only Fools before it went down the pan with those Christmas specials. 

On 13/01/2019 at 4:38 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Another confession. I have only seen one episode of Alan Partridge, and then only because I obtained a free dvd in Atari's favourite newspaper. 

I suppose a lot of the newer comedy proved elusive for me. I was brought-up on the classic stuff, Dad's Army, Rising Damp, Frank Spencer, Only Fools before it went down the pan with those Christmas specials. 

i love how you refer to stuff a quarter of a century old as 'newer stuff' :lol:

• Like 1

I was brought up on Fawlty Towers, Yes Prime Minister and Blackadder. Then Red Dwarf and Monty Python and The Office. And so on. Just a succession of fantastic comedy. Hats off to the English!

Norwegian comedy was comparatively bland, unimaginative and really dull. I can't think of any fun Norwegian TV series from before the 90s. But in the 90s a new generation of Norwegian comedians started to take over. More edgy and surreal humor. Inspired by the English. 

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I was brought up on Fawlty Towers, Yes Prime Minister and Blackadder. Then Red Dwarf and Monty Python and The Office. And so on. Just a succession of fantastic comedy. Hats off to the English!

Norwegian comedy was comparatively bland, unimaginative and really dull. I can't think of any fun Norwegian TV series from before the 90s. But in the 90s a new generation of Norwegian comedians started to take over. More edgy and surreal humor. Inspired by the English. 

I can't think of anything Norwegian, like music or literature or art that I'm aware of.  Ibsen, thats about it.  Pretty fantastic as playwrights go but thats my lot. 

I never got the fascination with Red Dwarf.  Everyone seemed to love it but the appeal escaped me completely.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I can't think of anything Norwegian, like music or literature or art that I'm aware of.  Ibsen, thats about it.  Pretty fantastic as playwrights go but thats my lot. 

I never got the fascination with Red Dwarf.  Everyone seemed to love it but the appeal escaped me completely.

Never heard of Munch? But yeah, we don't have much to be proud of culturally.

It is not for me to speculate why you failed to grasp the genius of Red Dwarf.

44 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh so you ignore me and speak to Leonard instead. Okay. I see how it is. Okay.

YOU CANNOT EXPECT ME TO REPLY TO YOUR POST BEFORE LEN'S! HE WAS FIRST!!

It's hard because, naturally, most of it is in Norwegian. So that basically leaves physical humor and a few sketches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQeIqEu2y4

I've posted this before, electrofootball. It is physical humor at its lowest but who will not find it funny seeing footballer get electrocuted:

And in the same vein, this guy travelled the world trying out various sports. Here he is trying Muay Thai. Most in English although his bewildered and shocked comments in Norwegian aren't translated. 

More of the same. Here the vocalist of The Dogs, at 2 meter and 100 kg, are trying out wrestling against some kids.

Okay, too much physical humor. Here is a sketch about the incomprehensibility of the Danish language:

And some more sketches:

Edited by SoulMonster

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Muay Thai is serious business, part of me wants to learn it, Kickboxing or maybe Judo or something but despite being burly and 2.05m I'm basically a big pussy lol. 

2.05m???? That's about 6' 9" in real money! You fucking lanky cunt!!!! :lol: 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Edvard Grieg. You'll know ''In the Hall of the Mountain King''? Norway also produced one of the greatest Wagnerian sopranos, Kirsten Flagstad.

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Only 6'7

6'7" is 2.007m. :P 

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Nah. I'm 190 cm (6'3) and that's about average height. 

Average height where? The NFL? :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You spiteful gnome! :lol:

2.05m is the same as 2050mm.

1 inch is equal to 25.4mm therefore 2050/25.4 = 80.71inches

80.71/12 = 6.725 feet but the 0.725 merely denotes the fraction of a foot in height.

Now as 1 foot = 12 inches we need to multiply 12x0.725 which gives 8.71 inches

Add that to the 6 again and it gives 6 feet 8.71 inches

QED

Lanky bastard! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Oldest Goat is right

No he isn't. See above. :lol::P 

Edited by Dazey