Whatshisface from Neighbours is a Sex Case

Len Cnut

26 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

We’re not surprised. 

———————

Why does the US use some items of imperial measurement, but not others? They don’t seem to use stones, but they do pounds and ounces. 

A US pint is also 16 oz vs 20 oz for a proper manly UK pint. :lol: 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:56 PM, Len Cnut said:

Everyone does, don't they?  I mean everyone around here.

The Australians use metric when discussing the velocity of bowling which is confusing. They also switch the scorecard around so that it reads wickets/runs (confusing when there has been a bunch of early wickets for sub 10 runs!) and call extras ''sundries''. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Australians use metric when discussing the velocity of bowling which is confusing. They also switch the scorecard around so that it reads wickets/runs (confusing when there has been a bunch of early wickets for sub 10 runs!) and call extras ''sundries''. 

Well being down under would make things topsy turvy I imagine!

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Incidentally, to digress, in a museum yesterday but I spotted something which will make our generation feel old. A 1980s display!!

Fuck off! :lol:  What was in it? :lol:  A 1980s display, seriously?  What a shit display that must've been, a copy of Adrian Moles diary and a fuckin' Crown Paints Liverpool shirt for exhibits, whoop-di-fuckin'-do.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck off! :lol:  What was in it? :lol:  A 1980s display, seriously?  What a shit display that must've been, a copy of Adrian Moles diary and a fuckin' Crown Paints Liverpool shirt for exhibits, whoop-di-fuckin'-do.

History of Newcastle. You go through each section era by era. Romans, Normans, English Civil War (big siege here), etc. We got to the 1960s and they had With the Beatles Mono edition (which I own, so already I was starting to see my own life converge with history) and a mod jacket. By the 1970s I was already wondering if there was a 1980s display and there it was. That was the last one so no '90s.

I only glanced at it but I'll go back next week and have a scurry around.

PS

I have an overriding memory from the 1980s of punk rockers with full bona fide Mohawks. Consider the area I live (rural/small town Northumberland) and it is even more incongruent. I remember my mother saying, ''they're bad people, don't look''. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have an overriding memory from the 1980s of punk rockers with full bona fide Mohawks. Consider the area I live (rural/small town Northumberland) and it is even more incongruent. I remember my mother saying, ''they're bad people, don't look''. 

Same here actually!  My Mum was more along the lines of they were fuckin' racist NF people and they were gonna kick our heads in.  Then again they did hang around under a bridge where the wall was sprayed painted 'WOGS OUT' so perhaps she had a point though I dunno how she could know that, she can't read :lol:  Not English anyway.

Same here actually!  My Mum was more along the lines of they were fuckin' racist NF people and they were gonna kick our heads in.  Then again they did hang around under a bridge where the wall was sprayed painted 'WOGS OUT' so perhaps she had a point though I dunno how she could know that, she can't read :lol:  Not English anyway.

It is weird because of the association of punk and the late '70s, but then the original punk rockers didn't have Mohawks. This must have been about 1988. Clearly not everyone was listening to Frankie Goes to Hollywood and all of that gay '80s rubbish. 

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Wast the mother called Shellfish?

I know you're only joking, but now I really had to look up what her name was. Angie.

image.png.e317c3ab6a0c79b0ac1e29c12b7286d3.png

On the topic of bogans, I came across this little video earlier.

Apparently people still wear no clothes in public in Australia.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is weird because of the association of punk and the late '70s, but then the original punk rockers didn't have Mohawks. This must have been about 1988. Clearly not everyone was listening to Frankie Goes to Hollywood and all of that gay '80s rubbish. 

These things take a good decade to filter down to the suburbs and/or the mainstream.  Its like the 60s and long hair, it weren't until mid 70s that you actually saw long hair as like...common, where EVERYONE from your school teachers to your newscasters had it. 

36 minutes ago, Lio said:

I know you're only joking, but now I really had to look up what her name was. Angie.

image.png.e317c3ab6a0c79b0ac1e29c12b7286d3.png

On the topic of bogans, I came across this little video earlier.

Apparently people still wear no clothes in public in Australia.

Oh for fucks sake!!!!. 😄 for our overseas readers you do realise we are in summer and going through a heatwave at the moment?. It maybe hot but we do have some class.  https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/the-world-s-15-hottest-sites-were-all-in-australia-amid-significant-heatwave-20190116-p50rmr.html

12 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Oh for fucks sake!!!!. 😄 for our overseas readers you do realise we are in summer and going through a heatwave at the moment?. It maybe hot but we do have some class.  https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/the-world-s-15-hottest-sites-were-all-in-australia-amid-significant-heatwave-20190116-p50rmr.html

When I saw you quoted me I was getting nervous you might be the guy in the video :nervous:

You also have no shoes on. That's a bit odd. My feet would burn on asphalt on such a hot day. It leads me to believe you're used to not wearing shoes so your feet aren't as sensitive :lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lio said:

When I saw you quoted me I was getting nervous you might be the guy in the video :nervous:

You also have no shoes on. That's a bit odd. My feet would burn on asphalt on such a hot day. It leads me to believe you're used to not wearing shoes so your feet aren't as sensitive :lol:

Lol not me in the video 😄 in oz we are a combination of both tough and stupid. I will say those 2 morons dont represent the majority of Australians. Its hot in summers and its something you get accustomed to from being a kid. Its also against the law to not be wearing footwear while driving. We mostly wear flip flops in summer.

Edited by Sydney Fan

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Lol not me in the video 😄 in oz we are a combination of both tough and stupid. I will say those 2 morons dont represent the majority of Australians. Its hot in summers and its something you get accustomed to from being a kid. Its also against the law to not be wearing footwear while driving. We mostly wear flip flops, or thongs in summer.

Flip flops are fuckin' criminal man, if anything gets up my fuckin' arse its seeing people walking around with fuckin' flip flops on that ain't on a fuckin' beach.  Style is important.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Flip flops are fuckin' criminal man, if anything gets up my fuckin' arse its seeing people walking around with fuckin' flip flops on that ain't on a fuckin' beach.  Style is important.

Haha i agree len, i mostly wear runners but in oz especially in the warmer months flip flops all the time. Though i will say it should be outlawed wearing in restaurants. I dont want to be eating and seeing some bird wearing flip flops with skanky looking feet its wrong. Ive seen young guys in winter ast night coming home from a pub wearing shirt shorts flip flops and a scarf and its like 7 degrees.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Haha i agree len, i mostly wear runners but in oz especially in the warmer months flip flops all the time. Though i will say it should be outlawed wearing in restaurants. I dont want to be eating and seeing some bird wearing flip flops with skanky looking feet its wrong.

You're a good man, man.  A wiseman once told me 'you're enough of a cunt as it is, don't dress like one'.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I heard it is illegal to stick your arm outside your car window. 

Its sort of frowned upon over here too innit? 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Isn't it against the law to do just about anything in Oz? Bumble got pulled-up by cops and fined for crossing a deserted street without waiting for the green man. I heard it is illegal to stick your arm outside your car window. 

Yep called jay walking. Some cops arnt as anal about it and yes it is illegal to have your asrm out or a window while driving but cops couldnt care less.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

You're a good man, man.  A wiseman once told me 'you're enough of a cunt as it is, don't dress like one'.

I agree there should be style. Ive seen young guys in winter at night coming home from a pub wearing shirt shorts flip flops and a scarf and its like 7 degrees.

Yep called jay walking. Some cops arnt as anal about it and yes it is illegal to have your asrm out or a window while driving but cops couldnt care less.

That would drive me right up the fuckin' pole, I walk fast as fuck and part of what accomodates my speed in getting places on foot is zipping across main roads and that, that'd make me go fuckin' mad, waiting for the little green man all the time.

That would drive me right up the fuckin' pole, I walk fast as fuck and part of what accomodates my speed in getting places on foot is zipping across main roads and that, that'd make me go fuckin' mad, waiting for the little green man all the time.

Yep im the same. Its 75.00 aud fine which is probably double in pounds, and for cyclists its 112 to 448.00