Robin Finck pissed off

Regarding 2006 angry Finck, I remember that it was rumored that his guitar tech was fired in that show. Bumblefoot had to do better’s final solo and even Axl went backstage trying to calm down Robin. If I’m not wrong, Finck also had an argument with Tom Mayhue.

Edited by ChrisMaciel
  • Like 1

Robin was beyond pissed during the Hard Rock show at the Joint back in 2001.  I was pretty sure that show was going to lead to something ugly, but the band plowed through.  Crazy thing in GNR world is that no one talks about the intro to those shows on the 29th and 31st......everyone over-analyzes the cartoon before the HOB show, but not a peep about the video montage and whatnot at these two shows.  It was interesting to say the least.

5 minutes ago, smeagol2124 said:

Robin was beyond pissed during the Hard Rock show at the Joint back in 2001.  I was pretty sure that show was going to lead to something ugly, but the band plowed through.  Crazy thing in GNR world is that no one talks about the intro to those shows on the 29th and 31st......everyone over-analyzes the cartoon before the HOB show, but not a peep about the video montage and whatnot at these two shows.  It was interesting to say the least.

I don't think I've ever heard about it. What was the video mintage? 

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’d be that pissed if I was that under appreciated as a musician as well.

It actually felt funny saying that when Axl is the king of unprofessionalism back in his day.

Agree his a great musician. Love his NIN and gnr stuff.

• GNFNR 1

36 minutes ago, smeagol2124 said:

There was a lot of sound issues, right?

Can you shed any light on the video montage? Unfortunately there are no audio/video recordings of these shows so this is news to me. Those are two shows I'd have loved to have been able to go to, due to those who attended both saying he sounded vastly superior to HOB and Rio from the January of that year, and just to see if there was much of a difference in his voice from then to 2002.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeagol2124 said:

Context is everything, so remember that 9/11 had happened earlier that year and we were suddenly at war in the middle east.  There was a video montage of clips of war, and audio/scenes from the 1970's movie "Network" ( I think?!?) with a general theme of "Arabs controlling oil" among other things.  It ended with a red white and blue GNR logo, that was featured on one of the t-shirts from the show.  I have that T-shirt somewhere, come to think of it.   

Robin was pissed on the first night (29th) because the sound was brutal.  It was so bad that Axl left the stage, and Tommy sang most of OMG.  Robin threw his guitar towards one of the techs, and he meant business.  I've seen this band over 50 times going back to 1988, and it was perhaps the only time other than the St. Louis show that I felt like it may go south quickly.  It actually got better, but it was a disaster eating to happen.

Are you sure you're not talking about the same intro video that was used in '02 during the Europeans shows, with the clips of war and violence with the audio from "The Exorcist 3"? ("I believe in death, I believe in disease, I believe in torture and anger and hate, etc.")

No 100% it wasn't the exorcist clip.  Entirely different and used only for those two shows.

Back in the day, other sites had similar conversations about it, I can promise you it wasn't the same intro.  There was no "I believe in fear, I believe in cruelty" etc.......

And it an related note from this thread, it was not Finck on Manson, it was the other way around.  That concert is one of the most video-bootlegged out there

• Like 1

"He talked about the fact that Buckethead and Finck hadn’t met before rehearsals for December 31st, 2000 and that was a problem." 

I wonder if Buckethead was informed about the fact that Robin has rejoined the band.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

"He talked about the fact that Buckethead and Finck hadn’t met before rehearsals for December 31st, 2000 and that was a problem." 

I wonder if Buckethead was informed about the fact that Robin has rejoined the band.

Wow! Imagine meeting your co-lead guitarist the day before the fucking show and having to work out a fucking 20-song set with him all in one rehearsal! Jeez, this fucking band...

on topic; wow, I never realized how much of a fucking diva finck was...

54 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wow! Imagine meeting your co-lead guitarist the day before the fucking show and having to work out a fucking 20-song set with him all in one rehearsal! Jeez, this fucking band...

on topic; wow, I never realized how much of a fucking diva finck was...

No, the rehearsals were set before December 31st. It was a pretty bad situation for them anyway. 

Edited by Sosso