Game of Thrones - The Final Season (***SPOILERS***)

AtariLegend

2 hours ago, Deb Rose said:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Well, I think she is going to die not because people want it, but because there is a prophecy you know... and like 90% of it has come true aleady for her, so... I'm counting on a little brother who will choke her. 

Please use Spoiler Tags @Deb Rose

Spoiler

Except the show skipped that part of Maggie's prophecy in season 5 for some reason. They also screwed it up by her having a random line about another miscarriage in season 1. D/D  supposedly didn't think the show would go much past the red wedding. 

Edited by AtariLegend

On 18/04/2019 at 1:00 PM, AtariLegend said:

Please use Spoiler Tags @Deb Rose

Hide contents

Except the show skipped that part of Maggie's prophecy in season 5 for some reason. They also screwed it up by her having a random line about another miscarriage in season 1. D/D  supposedly didn't think the show would go much past the red wedding. 

Sorry about that XD

It's been a while since I've logged on here, don't even remember how these work. Let's try.

Spoiler

Uhm, did it skip that? I don't even really remember. The show and books have merged in my head already, which is why I'm re-reading them. But just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean D & D won't follow through, right? Hahaha *wishful thinking* I hope they kept it as close as possible at this point to what Martin intends on doing, cause Lord know when we will be getting those books. If ever. 

30 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Saw a torrent earlier... can't decide if I should watch a leak or wait few more hours.

Just watched it on a Russian site.

Better quality than on Sky here in the UK. English.

Not spoiling, but it was a good episode, better than episode 1. Lots of fan service for show and book fans, D/D silliness aside.

Glad I can skip 2am tonight. Really looking forward to episode 3.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Just watched it on a Russian site.

Better quality than on Sky here in the UK. English.

Not spoiling, but it was a good episode, better than episode 1. Lots of fan service for show and book fans, D/D silliness aside.

Glad I can skip 2am tonight. Really looking forward to episode 3.

Yeah, I couldn't wait either. Seems like episode 3 will be "epic".

I have to say. There's some relationships in this show where the chemistry isn't really that great or makes sense. I mean I don't buy why Danny would trust Tyrion. I don't buy Danny and Jon, though that's probably just the acting. Jon and Arya last week was weird too ect.

However Sansa/Theon do have on screen chemistry, also much more believable. Do hope Theon makes it next week. I think Alfie Allen is one of the shows better actors. Theon's also one of my favourite characters in the book. 

I think alot of secondary characters are gonners next week.

23 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I have to say. There's some relationships in this show where the chemistry isn't really that great or makes sense. I mean I don't buy why Danny would trust Tyrion. I don't buy Danny and Jon, though that's probably just the acting. Jon and Arya last week was weird too ect.

However Sansa/Theon do have on screen chemistry, also much more believable. Do hope Theon makes it next week. I think Alfie Allen is one of the shows better actors. Theon's also one of my favourite characters in the book. 

I think alot of secondary characters are gonners next week.

Sansa/Dany also works...

But yes, Theon is brightspot of the show...

I would guess some of main characters could say goodbye also next week...

4 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

I would guess some of main characters could say goodbye also next week...

I want Arya, Tyrion, Brienne, Jamie and Jon to live. Oh, and Tormund. Any other death I can accept. Except of course dragons or direwolves. I care about them more than the people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, username said:

I want Arya, Tyrion, Brienne, Jamie and Jon to live. Oh, and Tormund. Any other death I can accept. Except of course dragons or direwolves. I care about them more than the people. 

Well, after 1st 2 eps, it seems that D&D are pushing that noone is safe - eve4y character did smth to earn death before end...

Except direwolfs - they must live, dragons? - whatever...

OK, Tormund should stay :)

Enjoyable second episode.  A lot of fan service and some great moments between characters.

Was a little difficult watching Arya getting it on with Gentry.  I know she's supposedly 18 in the show and the actress is 22 in real life, but it still felt inappropriate.  

One issue with the way they've sequenced the episodes is that we can kind of predict the broader strokes.  With the battle of Winterfell happening in episode 3, it's almost certain mankind defeats the Night King and his forces.  Otherwise we're left with the second half of the final season why the Night King taking on Cersei.  At that point who really cares.  

My guess is Bran and Jon's plan will fail, things will look really bad for the human side, but someone (perhaps Arya) saves the day in the last five minutes of the episode by killing the Night King.  All the while many of the characters from yesterday's episode will end up dead.  GoT has a habit of following happier times with gut wrenching episodes.  

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

Enjoyable second episode.  A lot of fan service and some great moments between characters.

Was a little difficult watching Arya getting it on with Gentry.  I know she's supposedly 18 in the show and the actress is 22 in real life, but it still felt inappropriate.  

One issue with the way they've sequenced the episodes is that we can kind of predict the broader strokes.  With the battle of Winterfell happening in episode 3, it's almost certain mankind defeats the Night King and his forces.  Otherwise we're left with the second half of the final season why the Night King taking on Cersei.  At that point who really cares.  

My guess is Bran and Jon's plan will fail, things will look really bad for the human side, but someone (perhaps Arya) saves the day in the last five minutes of the episode by killing the Night King.  All the while many of the characters from yesterday's episode will end up dead.  GoT has a habit of following happier times with gut wrenching episodes.  

Yeah, Arya/Gendry was... I don't know, felt weird.

My guess is also that Bran's plan will fail. Maybe when someone (Jon, Arya, ...) will finally try to kill the Night King will find out that he can't be killed with dragonglass, valyrian steel or dragon fire - new lightbringer in the making?

43 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Yeah, Arya/Gendry was... I don't know, felt weird.

My guess is also that Bran's plan will fail. Maybe when someone (Jon, Arya, ...) will finally try to kill the Night King will find out that he can't be killed with dragonglass, valyrian steel or dragon fire - new lightbringer in the making?

There's a variety of ways the Night King eats it.

Maybe the Lord of Light guy (I'm not great with names) sets Jon's sword on fire.

Arya could throw her new spear through dragon fire and hit the Night King.

Or maybe Drogon just eats the fucker.

Either way, next Sunday will be fun!

Not big on this ending of the White Walker part of the story with the Night King being killed and all the White Walkers and wight's vanishing or whatever. Seems lazy.

Given the Night King is a show invention. Also confused as to why everyone exactly everyone believes Bran. Where was the scene where Bran explained to people he could see the future or proofing to anyone except Ed or Arya that he can see things? The whole three eyed raven thing is never explained in the show and it's safe to say it never will be.

...And what do D/D have against Ellie Kendrick? It's pretty bad if Meera doesn't show up again with or without her father.

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Not big on this ending of the White Walker part of the story with the Night King being killed and all the White Walkers and wight's vanishing or whatever. Seems lazy.

Given the Night King is a show invention. Also confused as to why everyone exactly everyone believes Bran. Where was the scene where Bran explained to people he could see the future or proofing to anyone except Ed or Arya that he can see things? The whole three eyed raven thing is never explained in the show and it's safe to say it never will be.

...And what do D/D have against Ellie Kendrick? It's pretty bad if Meera doesn't show up again with or without her father.

Bran/ThreeEyedRaven character is just unexplained in tv show, but that's the problem from past seasons. Whole "wargs" part is almost ignored in the show. His story was obviously unatractive for TV but is important for story - it is one of Tv problems - you have to combine action with background stories and not become boring for millions of people - so they focused on action and tits and lost some of the story. I guess, we'll have more holes until the end...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Really hoping we see the One True King on the throne at the end, the Night King!

With the final scene being a boat of fan-favorite survivors rowing to Essos, only to be caught up by the night king flying Viserion and killing them all in a blaze of undead dragon fire. 

The End. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Please don't post reddit/set spoilers for this season in this thread especially without spoiler tags. It might seem like something I'd do, but I was only joking.

Think I actually might try to watch this episode and the final 3 live, instead jumping on dodgy internet streams ASAP.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Please don't post reddit/set spoilers for this season in this thread especially without spoiler tags. It might seem like something I'd do, but I was only joking.

Think I actually might try to watch this episode and the final 3 live, instead jumping on dodgy internet streams ASAP.

Just throwing it out there. For those who don't have watching live as an option. 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 7:07 PM, username said:

Just throwing it out there. For those who don't have watching live as an option. 

Given it almost always leaks by Sunday Afternoon at the latest (here in Europe).

Only have to go till tomorrow night without internet right? Seems easy enough.

8 minutes ago, username said:

Has anything leaked yet? And if so, how would one go about obtaining such a leak so one might watch it in an hour or 2? 

Not yet, but there's normally a leak around this time and past few seasons. It was probably HBO themselves via proxy for whatever reason.

You'll know when there's a leak, that said it airs in several hours.