Game of Thrones - The Final Season (***SPOILERS***)

AtariLegend

Easily one of the most glorious hour and twenty minutes of television I've ever seen.

I saw Avengers: Endgame two days ago and this latest episode of GOT easily supersedes the drama and impact.  

Not a single wasted scene; the pacing was well done.  The first twenty minutes were like nothing else.  Beautiful shot; cinematography was sensational. 

Loved beginning where the Dothraki swords are light up only to be extinguished a few minutes later (though, I kind of question the logic of charging at the army of the dead).  

There was a bit of a horror/thriller aspects, particularly the scenes with Arya inside the castle.

I nearly leapt out of my chair when Arya came from no where to take out the Night King.  Man alive that was awesome.  

I guess Danny's forces still have a dragon (assuming John's dragon ate it), but it's going to be interesting to see how they take on Cersei.

4 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Unrelated to the plot of the episode, it was incredibly too dark. A blu-ray would probably look better, but the videography and directing was a bit poor overall, honestly.

I think that's an issue relating to the shit compression/resolution for most cable operators.  The darks were rather crushed, but I suspect you're right in that a Blu-Ray/4k rendering will make certain scenes easier to see.  

I watched it on my LG OLED which can handle darks/blacks like nothing else.  There shouldn't be clipping.  So I suspect this is the fault of the shitty inferior HD signal most carriers use.

I didn't mind that it was dark.  Kind of led to the sense of dread.  

9 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Unrelated to the plot of the episode, it was incredibly too dark. 

Show though only can afford a few hundred extras. Rest is tiling and CGI. It was necessary, they still done an awful lot with the budget.

Also this was supposed to be the long night.

Just a reminder to put any plot developments for the latest episode inside spoiler tags.

We generally like to give people a few days to discuss the show prior to the latest episode.  

8 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Reveal hidden contents

RIP Ghost.

I know not many will notice, literally less than 3 minutes of screen time in 3 seasons.

Didn't even dawn on me until your post.  

That sucks.  

I guess only Arya's wolf is still alive?

1 hour ago, downzy said:

din't even dawn on me until your post.  

That sucks.  

Reveal hidden contents

I guess only Arya's wolf is still alive?

Wow I was wrong, thank goodness. Just seen episode 4 trailer.

One plot hole, I'll forgive them for.

Edited by AtariLegend

Bloody fucking awesome! 

Spoiler

But to be honest I was expecting at the very least Brienne, Sam and/or Gilly, Grey Worm and maybe Podrick to be toast. Maybe Varys or Davos as well. And the odd option of Jon shoving a sword through aunt Dany's heart. So yeah, not as much carnage as I feared. 

Arya, Sansa and Jaime all have business with Cersei, so I was kind of expecting them to live through this. Still expecting Cleganebowl. 

Hate the dark in eisode, hate the ending... hate Jon Snow

Spoiler

for neglecting Ghost, hope he (Jon, not Ghost) dies soon - He and his dragon queen and their dragons...

hate D&D for

Spoiler

lack of good deaths on screen - only little Mormont girl's was proper one...

Spoiler

I just cheer for Cercei now, hope she ruin their happiness :D

Edited by -Jaro-

God fucking damn they ruined everything. The episode looked great and the atmosphere was amazing. I was nervous before the battle but then...

...I realized all the main characters have the biggest plot armor ever. Sam, Brienne, Jamie, Jon, Danny, Grey Worm... all had 5 death scenes and I realized nothing's gonna happen and I was just kinda waiting for the episode to end. Then Arya kills NK which I'm okay with, she's training for something big last 7 seasons but the execution of it was terrible. "Oh nooo, Jon is almost dead. Danny is almost dead. Jamie and Brienne are almost dead. NK is gonna kill Bran any second UNLESS somebody stabs him." biggest deus ex this show ever had and it felt so forced.

Also heard the commentary by D&D after and they said they knew about this for more than 3 years which I guess means it comes from Martin.

Also WW lost all of their meaning now. Okay, they're this evil weapon that got out of hand. Cliche but okay. BUT they always served a purpose of "if all people don't unite we're DEAD" and in the end that wasn't true and they were completely meaningless and Cersei was right which sucks after 20+ years of buildup.

Fuck me. I'm so angry, waited for this moment since 2003 :lol:  

Who gives a fuck about good guys vs Cersei now? 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

God fucking damn they ruined everything. The episode looked great and the atmosphere was amazing. I was nervous before the battle but then...

Hide contents

...I realized all the main characters have the biggest plot armor ever. Sam, Brienne, Jamie, Jon, Danny, Grey Worm... all had 5 death scenes and I realized nothing's gonna happen and I was just kinda waiting for the episode to end. Then Arya kills NK which I'm okay with, she's training for something big last 7 seasons but the execution of it was terrible. "Oh nooo, Jon is almost dead. Danny is almost dead. Jamie and Brienne are almost dead. NK is gonna kill Bran any second UNLESS somebody stabs him." biggest deus ex this show ever had and it felt so forced.

Also heard the commentary by D&D after and they said they knew about this for more than 3 years which I guess means it comes from Martin.

Also WW lost all of their meaning now. Okay, they're this evil weapon that got out of hand. Cliche but okay. BUT they always served a purpose of "if all people don't unite we're DEAD" and in the end that wasn't true and they were completely meaningless and Cersei was right which sucks after 20+ years of buildup.

Agree. I was very dissapointed 

59 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Reveal hidden contents

They said they knew about it for 3 years and that the person in question seemed like the best candidate. I think this is something they decided themselves.

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

They said they knew about it for 3 years and that the person in question seemed like the best candidate. I think this is something they decided themselves.

Spoiler

well, they did put a prophecy in season 3, episode 6 when Red Witch told her about brown, blue and green eyes:

D5SxXfqXoAEkjMc.jpg

23 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:
  Hide contents

well, they did put a prophecy in season 3, episode 6 when Red Witch told her about brown, blue and green eyes:

D5SxXfqXoAEkjMc.jpg

When they were writing season 3, they didn't think the show would go past the red wedding.

Grrm supposedly told them the ending after that. Factor in the fact that a certain character doesn't even exist in books.

Even though he said the show would have a similar ending, how they get there is presumably very different (assuming you think he'll ever release his Chinese Democracy).

• Haha 1

Ok, something has been bothering me, and maybe it's just my need for proper sleep and a vacation that causes lack of attention, or maybe it just has been too long since I've read the books (I'm working towards rereading them soon), so see if you can help me:

Spoiler

The whole Azhor Ahai thing, promised prince, flaming sword, blah blah blah, the whole point was to fight the dead army, right? So where the fuck was he? Didn't Melissandre kind of kill it all with the lighting of the Dothraki swords? Like, if she can light any shit up, what's the point of having a promised prince?

• Like 1