Game of Thrones - The Final Season (***SPOILERS***)

AtariLegend

14 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Id say it was a lot worse for GoT. I mentioned why above, it changed gears halfway through. The show changed from being more about the personal relationships to being about the WW. They sort of explained them, but in quick and underwhelming ways. The season should have been more war like, with a big revelation tying this storyline together. They fought and died in one battle with zero payoff. What was Brans point?

The season is only half way over.  The pay off was not the annihilation of human forces and the end of humanity.  I don't understand how that's not a pay off?  

Plus we got to see Arya fully utilize those years of training for a higher purpose and, somewhat, validate the prophesy put forward by Melissandre several years ago.  

As for the show being about the WW the last few seasons, I don't agree.  Certainly it was a looming threat, but seasons 5 & 6 had a lot more to them then just what was happening north of the wall.  

Again, I'm not really sure what you were expecting at this point.  We got to see the human side put up everything they had (two dragons, Dothrakis, Unsullied, northern forces) against the NK and his undead army.  What else could the episode deliver in a way that would have been satisfying.  I agree that there were some issues with certain characters somehow finding a way to survive, but I don't see how it could have gone any other way and made any plausible sense.  There's no way you draw battle lines like that and somehow one side lives to fight another day.  

1 hour ago, downzy said:

The season is only half way over.  The pay off was not the annihilation of human forces and the end of humanity.  I don't understand how that's not a pay off?  

Plus we got to see Arya fully utilize those years of training for a higher purpose and, somewhat, validate the prophesy put forward by Melissandre several years ago.  

As for the show being about the WW the last few seasons, I don't agree.  Certainly it was a looming threat, but seasons 5 & 6 had a lot more to them then just what was happening north of the wall.  

Again, I'm not really sure what you were expecting at this point.  We got to see the human side put up everything they had (two dragons, Dothrakis, Unsullied, northern forces) against the NK and his undead army.  What else could the episode deliver in a way that would have been satisfying.  I agree that there were some issues with certain characters somehow finding a way to survive, but I don't see how it could have gone any other way and made any plausible sense.  There's no way you draw battle lines like that and somehow one side lives to fight another day.  

Idk man, I just wanted something to blow me away story wise. I cant believe they'd introduce time travel and visiting memories and just do nothing with it. The writing and story just didn't land for me

Despite my disappointment, I am going to try my best to take these last three episodes for what they are and enjoy what's left. I love this show, its my favorite. I'm going to try and put my expectations aside from here on out

• Like 1

Do not Google this. Wait until full thing airs.

Kind wishes I didn't read the above post. It's not the full episode, just clips of major spoilers. It'll ruin things.

For what it's worth, they claim they have the penultimate episode too. Really don't wanted that spoiled by a few random clips.

Edited by AtariLegend

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That was better than week at least

My favourite moment was when Jon wouldn't even pat Ghost, who he had't even looked at since season 4 when giving him away to prevent the show's budget from getting any higher.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

My favourite moment was when Jon wouldn't even pat Ghost, who he had't even looked at since season 4 when giving him away to prevent the show's budget from getting any higher.

Hey now, I didnt say it was good. Just better :lol:

Daenarys is

Spoiler

not just the new mad queen, but she is a neocon! Think about it. She uses brute force, killing thousands in the process for 'justice.' She is essentially a mad Queen and her vs Cersei will be the Battle of the Tyrants. I would assume she falls into Cersei's trap and kills thousands trying to take Kings Landing. But maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Hide contents

In the "inside the episode" video D&D said that Dany forgot about Euron's fleet :lol:

Holy hell that's dumb. 

Spoiler

Any dragon could've easily destroyed the living hell out of that fleet if they hadn't had the scorpions though. And she couldn't have really known about those. Or, realistically, not expect them to be on boats. 

Dragon deaths make me sad, but not half as sad as the Ghost scene.

I guess at least the CGI budget for the final two episodes went up considerably though. 

I also wish there'd been a scene featuring this dialogue:

Qyburn: How many scorpions should we build? 
Cersei: Yes! 

Fun fact: If Dany hadn't gone beyond the wall and immediately went for Cersei instead, the wall would still be up and she would probably still have all her dragons.

Spoiler

I really would urge to use Bran's crow-vision a lot more if I were literally any character alligned with Jon and/or Dany. I mean fuck, he had time to fly around and do absolutely nothing the entire battle of winterfell. But doing some useful recon on Cersei her army is somehow not an option? 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

For the record. The person who leaked what would happen in this episode also leaked how this would end.

Had the last 2 episodes been leaked, it'd be fine. However it sucks that they leaks bits and pieces instead, ruining experience this close to the end.

Don't post it in this thread, even in spoiler tags, because people will end up clicking on it.

17 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

For the record. The person who leaked what would happen in this episode also leaked how this would end.

Had the last 2 episodes been leaked, it'd be fine. However it sucks that they leaks bits and pieces instead, ruining experience this close to the end.

Don't post it in this thread, even in spoiler tags, because people will end up clicking on it.

Actually the leak about ending (and this episode and bits of episode 3) is 10 months old but everyone thought there's literally no way it could happen 

Edited by Nicklord

Wow, this is really beginning to piss me off. I hope Varys kills Dany in her sleep or something and Jon ends up on the Throne, even though he's an ass and didn't even pat Ghost who fucking lost an ear for him.

Spoiler

How stupid can Dany be? Does she NOT remember the battle when the Lannister forces were leaving High Garden? The scorpion that almost killed Drogon before he burnt it down? Did she just assume "oh no, they won't try to build another one of those because why would they want to eliminate basically the greatest advantage I have over them?" Urgh. 

54 minutes ago, Deb Rose said:

Wow, this is really beginning to piss me off. I hope Varys kills Dany in her sleep or something and Jon ends up on the Throne, even though he's an ass and didn't even pat Ghost who fucking lost an ear for him.

Reveal hidden contents

How stupid can Dany be? Does she NOT remember the battle when the Lannister forces were leaving High Garden? The scorpion that almost killed Drogon before he burnt it down? Did she just assume "oh no, they won't try to build another one of those because why would they want to eliminate basically the greatest advantage I have over them?" Urgh. 

and some are defending D&D and their childish storytelling...

Disaster and every episode is worse then one before...

All characters are becoming stupid...

And that Ghost thing - is Direwolf animation that expensive?

Spoiler

Well, they budget went pretty down :D:D:D

there is what? 30 men army "threatening the castle"

vzHKtU1.png

Edited by -Jaro-

16 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

that Ghost thing - is Direwolf animation that expensive

They claimed so in the past, that it was really difficult to get the scaling and CGI right.

It's a real shame, as they are intended to play a role in the story from the very start.

I think personally the most disappointing one was Summer. Bran never said anything. He literally treated Summer, like he was his brother Rickon :P

16 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

All characters are becoming stupid...

See I think they believe the twists and random changes in behaviour of characters are all for shock value and surprise. The reality is they are just bad writers. 

However it is one of the most successful shows of all time and they're rolling in the money.

On the positive side, regardless of the writing I think people are going to be talking about this season for a very long time. At least it's better than Dexter where literally nothing interesting happened in the final few season (arguably the last 4).

Edited by AtariLegend

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

They claimed so in the past, that it was really difficult to get the scaling and CGI right.

It's a real shame, as they are intended to play a role in the story from the very start.

I think personally the most disappointing one was Summer. Bran never said anything. He literally treated Summer, like he was his brother Rickon :P

See I think they believe the twists and random changes in behaviour of characters are all for shock value and surprise. The reality is they are just bad writers. 

However it is one of the most successful shows of all time and they're rolling in the money.

On the positive side, regardless of the writing I think people are going to be talking about this season for a very long time. At least it's better than Dexter where literally nothing interesting happened in the final few season (arguably the last 4).

The last 3-4 seasons of show are biggest reason why I regret GRRM not finishing his story... If he by miracle finish it now, it will not be the same... 

And yes, Summer was great part of books, Ghost also -

Spoiler

but HBO put money in tits&ass so we have 30men army with dragon lying in dirt in front of King's Landing threatening Cersei :facepalm:

I think this part will be (will lol) the same in the books. This whole ending sounds like GRRM but the problem with the show is that they didn't spend enough time on this stuff.

Dany is going mad king 2.0 in 2 episodes. Jaime questioning everything he did in 10 second shot staring at the fire. Stuff like that are obviously gonna happen in the books but goddamn do they look forced in the show

I don’t watch this show but I heard there was a Starbucks coffee cup just sitting in plain sight on a table in what’s supposed to be a medieval setting... da fuck?

EDIT: nevermind I see now that it was already posted above. My bad.

Edited by rocknroll41

12 hours ago, username said:

Als, this was pretty funny. And well-spotted. Game Of Starbucks! 

got_coffee2.0.jpg 

Do I appear jaded if I say that I don't believe leaving that cup in the scene was a mistake?

After all is said and done, I had better see one of those broads on the iron throne.

1 hour ago, Orsys said:

Do I appear jaded if I say that I don't believe leaving that cup in the scene was a mistake?

After all is said and done, I had better see one of those broads on the iron throne.

Littlefinger had his watch for a full scene once. I think it happens for a big and long show like this