Game of Thrones - The Final Season (***SPOILERS***)

AtariLegend

Well, shit, I haven't noticed that before:

Did Varys try to poison Daenerys?

Varys: “Nothing?”
Girl: “She won’t eat.”
Varys: “We’ll try again at supper.”
Girl: “I think they’re watching me.”
Varys: “Who?”
Girl: “Her soldiers.”
Varys: “Of course they are. That’s their job. What have I told you, Martha?”
Girl: “The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward.”
Varys: “Go on. They’ll be missing you in the kitchen.”

Look I'm going to mention this. It is not a spoiler, but the original script for the season 7 finale that was leaked before the episode was aired or even filmed said she miscarried. They never used the scene and changed their mind.

The whole having her be pregnant thing was a bad descision, it directly contradicted the Maggy the frog scene from season 5 about her children, which was already contradicted by the random scene about the phantom miscarriage in season 1.

Even putting aside that the journeys now take weeks instead of months in the show, they had a supposed entire winter pass at king's landing in the show and never had her even look like she's pregnant. I guess d/d thought it'd be dramatic, including a scene where she announced she's pregnant, but never thoughy through the logistics of how they'd get out of this plotline. 

Let's pretend for a second this was real life, was Euron not going to notice when Cerseri gives birth 8 months premature?

As far as the death goes, I think this is a case like Tyrion basically rapping the prositute in the brothel, that they wanted to change it so that Jamie didn't look bad by having him kill her. This is despite the famous funeral sex scene in season 4 which they made into a rape scene.

Also what was up with that scene were Euron says he's the man who killed Jamie Lannister? Jamie no sells the injury pretty swiftly and manages to go on a long walk about to even try and help Ceseri escape. He does not look like a dying man before the roof falls.

49 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Also what was up with that scene were Euron says he's the man who killed Jamie Lannister? Jamie no sells the injury pretty swiftly and manages to go on a long walk about to even try and help Ceseri escape. He does not look like a dying man before the roof falls.

I can't for the love of god find it on reddit again but the whole Euron ending came from the actor. He should've just die there but he made them Euron go out with a smile and saying how he killed Jaime because that's Euron, he's crazy, it's all a game for him and doesn't have any deeper trauma in him like the rest of the characters

fyi For those that haven't read the books. It's Euron that gets one of Danny's Dragons not the Night King (whom doesn't exist in the book). Also some subplots and set-up, basically he's set up to be a major character. 

Also comes across completely different as opposed to whatever the show character was.

I really can't believe they left out Ariane Martell, but included a version of this 

57 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I can't for the love of god find it on reddit again but the whole Euron ending came from the actor. He should've just die there but he made them Euron go out with a smile and saying how he killed Jaime because that's Euron, he's crazy, it's all a game for him and doesn't have any deeper trauma in him like the rest of the characters

If true. Completely dumb.

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

fyi For those that haven't read the books. It's Euron that gets one of Danny's Dragons not the Night King (whom doesn't exist in the book). Also some subplots and set-up, basically he's set up to be a major character. 

Also comes across completely different as opposed to whatever the show character was.

I really can't believe they left out Ariane Martell, but included a version of this 

If true. Completely dumb.

“I had a long conversation with [director] Miguel Sapochnik about it. Dan and David were like, ‘and then Euron dies’ and I was like, ‘No he doesn’t.’ And they said, ‘What do you mean?’ I said, ‘I’m not going to close my eyes. I want to smile up at the sky like life is beautiful, and then you guys have to cut away.’ Miguel kept saying, ‘Close your eyes!’ but I was like, ‘No.'”

“He’s that kind of guy, he’s in self denial,” Asbaek said. “He just wants to see the world burn, you know what I mean? He just wants to see people die.”

"That said. I think he meant it. He’s the one who got Jaime Lannister, a guy who he has admired because Jaime has been one of the best fighters in the world and is the Kingslayer and has created a name for himself."

16 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Well, shit, I haven't noticed that before:

Hide contents

Did Varys try to poison Daenerys?

Varys: “Nothing?”
Girl: “She won’t eat.”
Varys: “We’ll try again at supper.”
Girl: “I think they’re watching me.”
Varys: “Who?”
Girl: “Her soldiers.”
Varys: “Of course they are. That’s their job. What have I told you, Martha?”
Girl: “The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward.”
Varys: “Go on. They’ll be missing you in the kitchen.”

No spoiler, just thinking out loud here for the finale.... 

Jon ends up killing Dany because she's gone nuts.

He sits down on the iron throne. 

Takes a sip out of a cup that was sitting there waiting for Dany. 

Jon dies of poisoning. 

The end. 

So... what do you guys think? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Sounds like the actor was in denial.

Dude loved the book character. He ranted on instagram like 10 times about he wanted to play book Euron but instead got to play one dimensional pirate. Without him Euron would be even worse. Can you imagine that? :lol:

So, who's going to take a shot at the season finale? 

Spoiler

- Dany executes Tyrion and Sansa

- Bron ends up not getting a castle, being pissed at Dany and getting killed

- Jon tries to kill Dany

- Greyworm dies protecting Dany

- Arya actually kills Dany 

- Gendry ends up on the iron throne with maybe Sam and Davos living there too as his counsil 

- Arya lives out her days in Braavos

- Bran goes to live in a cave somewhere in the north because he's the three-eyed raven now

- Drogon flies off to ancient Valeria to start a family there

- Jon heads north to live with Tormund and Ghost somewhere north of the wall (yay Ghost, who has always been a good boy)

- There is no longer a Stark at Winterfell (Brienne becomes Lady of Winterfell) 

Edited by username

My guess is:

Spoiler

Jon lost faith in Dany after she went true Targaryen mad, so he feels like it's his duty to take the throne. He wants to do it without killing her, but in the end there is no other choice. He had Arya on his side, and whoever Varys was writing to. Tyrion also is disappointed and guilt ridden and supports Jon. There's some fuss in the Throne room and either Arya or Jon kill her. I have no clue what the barbarians she has following her will do. Jon takes control of Drogon cause he's a Targaryen. And none of the other charcaters are mentioned, or they are briefly and turn out fine. Maybe Dany kills someone before she's killed. Tyrion or Sansa, though I much enjoyed the fanservice there and hope those two end up together. Hahahaha.

4 minutes ago, username said:

I've read some things as well. They all sucked. Not sure how trustworthy they are.

This is first season where the scripts weren't on the internet before filming even started since 5.

They're highly likely real. Though the final episode thing might seem dubious, the leaker accurately predicted like 11 different things in episode 4 many months ago and alot of 5.

Unlikely a troll job that 6 is the one that's wrong, though it was claimed they filmed a few different endings for certain characters. So it's plausible at least that the ending is something people haven't seen.

Just s few last things before this airs.

The whole thing we're they rewrote the Jamie/Tyrion scene from season 4, where it comes up that Tysha wasn't a prositute was completely silly. I guess this show ends now with Tyrion never knowing the truth, because someone thought it be happier way to end their scene? Which almost completely changes the context of Tyrion's motivations, because they never circled back to it?

The other thing. Jamie never does find out in the show that Ceseri was sleeping with Lancel Lannister ect. does he? Kind of a big deal and part of the book reason he abandons her, but in the show they forget about it and he never finds out.

Also Ceseri never finding out that John is Lyanna's child is a shame too. Given her jealously over Robert's obsession with Lyanna that is played up from the first episode.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, Deb Rose said:

I wasn't expecting much and still they managed to disappoint me. The only... Let's say joy for lack of a better word I found in it was the bit with Dany and the bit with Sansa

I thought Sansa stuff was silly fan service.

I also think the Arya ending was based on a popular fan theory D/D read. Though maybe it's from the books.. Maybe?

Did almost cry like a little girl with the Jon's ending. I do believe that's how the story ends. I'm going to miss the show.

Difficult to wrap up a show like this, especially one that's based on a story that hasn't been written yet.  

Wish the first half the season was its own season with the last three episodes expanded into the final season.  

That said, still the best television show on television for what it is.  Fifteen or twenty years ago it would be impossible to imagine a show like this existing on a scale similar to the one created.  So congrats to HBO and those involved in creating something that was truly groundbreaking.  Wasn't perfect, but still worth the ride.  

• Like 2

Anyone else wonder if it was Bran who warged into Drogon to melt the Iron Throne? 

Probably not but would make a bit more sense than Drogon somehow associating the throne with any kind of status worth melting.  Unless dragons in Westeros are much smarter than I give them credit for.