Jump to content
PsychoKiss344

Any Bob Dylan fans?

Recommended Posts

I've recently really got into Bob Dylan, anyone else on here listen to him?

My favourite album so far:

482152_10200824139626542_2073224708_n.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Used to be a bit of a Dylan fanatic. Saw him live thrice, more than any other act seen by me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard his first 8 albums the most, all pretty fantastic, kinda dipped in and out of the other stuff but i do plan to give it a more comprehensive listen at some point.  The first 8 albums are just mind-blowing though.  Another Side is particularly good, as well as Highway 61, possibly the one I've listened to the most.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. Used to be a bit of a Dylan fanatic. Saw him live thrice, more than any other act seen by me.

I heard Rocky Raccoon is a pisstake of Bob Dylan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I've heard his first 8 albums the most, all pretty fantastic, kinda dipped in and out of the other stuff but i do plan to give it a more comprehensive listen at some point.  The first 8 albums are just mind-blowing though.  Another Side is particularly good, as well as Highway 61, possibly the one I've listened to the most.

I heard Rocky Raccoon is a pisstake of Bob Dylan.

I have never heard of that actually.

His '60s work is as impeccable as The Beatles' discography, Freewheelin', 61, Blonde on Blonde, John Wesley Harding - don't forget The Basement Tapes. The ''Judas'' concert is also one of the greatest live albums; it is available with the bootleg series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never heard of that actually.

Dylan was fond of making arrogant little comments bordering along the lines of he could easily write songs like The Beatles and The Stones hits but they couldn't write like him so as a pisstake they made this sort of meandering nonsensical American tale that just played with imagery without really saying much but sounding like it is, which some people often accused Dylan of doing.  In the Anthology some lyrics are different too, 'black mining hills of Dakota' actually began as 'a little town somewhere in Minnesota'.

Edited by Len Cnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I've recently really got into Bob Dylan, anyone else on here listen to him?

Huge fan! Get The Bootleg Series Vol. 4. It's pretty much mandatory. The live versions of Visions of Johanna and Desolation Road are so ridiculously good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a few albums, but am not well versed. I like it. I am the type who frequently favours the covers of his songs, but I love plenty of his performances/recordings too. Not a huge fan of Guns Knocking cover though. My favourite covers currently being Ramblin' Jack Elliots' take on 'Dont Think Twice, Its Alright.' Grateful Dead's (80's era) live takes on 'Its All Over Now Baby Blue' and 'Desolation Road.' And of course Hendrix's Watchtower.

I lived near Garth Hudson from The Band (who backed Dylan for a spell) and I swear he was driving a bus I was on once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never heard of that actually.

His '60s work is as impeccable as The Beatles' discography, Freewheelin', 61, Blonde on Blonde, John Wesley Harding - don't forget The Basement Tapes. The ''Judas'' concert is also one of the greatest live albums; it is available with the bootleg series. 

Yeah when you look at The Beatles and Dylan's discography in the 60's, just crazy.

Such good music.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like Bob you should check out Woody Guthrie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

If you like Bob you should check out Woody Guthrie.

I'll check him out, any album recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×