Frank to play in GNR cover band

6 hours ago, Lio said:

Yeah, it's become like the running gag of the forum. He's taken over from Ashba, so to speak.

I think  they are on the same level of cringe.

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

What if he plays better in the cover band....

Yep so the real gnr is just a practice warmup for his cover band. 

• Like 1

So being in GNR makes him "one of the best drummers in the world"? Just like Melissa was called an "icon" the other day by some press outlet? This world we live in..just proves Slashs and Duffs point that you shouldn't just bring anyone into GNR. When Slash and Duff weren't in it didn't matter, or Paul Huge would've been an iconic guitarist now too if Slash didn't bail, lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, soon said:

The list of credits seems pretty loose? Like in some cases it means 'appeared at the same festival as...'

How has he worked with Tool for instance? Danny Carrey couldnt pull off a beat and they thought that Frank could save the day, lol? 

Frank joined Tool on state on East Ruthersford NJ a few years back to do a song.

"“Lateralus” was really the show-stealer of the night. As the song entered its first chorus, multicolored lasers shot over the audience, caught in the smoke that had been piling up overhead throughout the night. About 5 minutes into the song, Maynard called another guest onto the stage, session drummer Frank Ferrer (he toured with Guns N’ Roses) who entered into a drum duel with Danny Carey!"

https://liveforlivemusic.com/features/reviews/tool-izod-center-review/

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Frank joined Tool on state on East Ruthersford NJ a few years back to do a song.

"“Lateralus” was really the show-stealer of the night. As the song entered its first chorus, multicolored lasers shot over the audience, caught in the smoke that had been piling up overhead throughout the night. About 5 minutes into the song, Maynard called another guest onto the stage, session drummer Frank Ferrer (he toured with Guns N’ Roses) who entered into a drum duel with Danny Carey!"

https://liveforlivemusic.com/features/reviews/tool-izod-center-review/

Thanks for filling me in. What a curious thing for Tool to do.

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

what is the difference between clean and mickey?

i always thought mickey was a nickname for axl's unlistenable clean-high-bee-gees-falseto voice

To me, clean is his midrange voice with no rasp like on the opening of TWAT. Mickey is the bee gees voice you refered to. If he sang all the old stuff like TWAT I think that would be a huge improvement on his live performances.

Edited by gnfnrs1972

I doubt he's making much cash from this. The SA Rand/ Dollar exchange is shit, and those tickets are cheap.

Those musicians are nobodies. They played with some ok and some mediocre local artists. I wish South African bands were better, but unfortunately, so many of them are either terrrrrrible or so flat and boring you can't believe you paid money to watch them.

This whole show is actually embarrassing on so many levels!