Jump to content
vloors

Frank to play in GNR cover band

Recommended Posts

 

LoL at the article “It is an honour to bring one of the greatest drummers in the world to South Africa".

Looks like Frank hasnt got much going on to do these cover band shows.

https://m.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/480/186599.html

Guns N' Roses drummer Frank Ferrer will join Jason Oosthuizen's tribute show, Guns N' Roses & Friends, at the Hillcrest Quarry in Durbanville, Cape Town on 15 March 2019. Ferrer is best known as the drummer for American rock band Guns N' Roses, with whom he has played, toured, and recorded since 2006. He was also a member of The Psychedelic Furs, Love Spit Love as well as The Beautiful. He has recorded and worked with several high profile musicians including Robi ‘Draco’ Rosa, Tool, Gordon Gano, PJ Harvey, Tommy Stinson, Nena, Frank Black of The Pixies, Neil Young, Perry Farrell, and Cheetah Chrome of The Dead Boys. “It is an honour to bring one of the greatest drummers in the world to South Africa to guest appear in our Guns N' Roses Tribute Show. I have been an admirer of his career for years, so it was naturally a no-brainer to bring Frank to our country for the GNR Tribute Show, and we were delighted that he agreed to come and was just as excited to visit. We cannot wait to share a stage with him and show him our beautiful country,” says Oosthuizen. With a band lineup including Clint Falconer and Dean Barrett from Dan Patlansky band, Werner Bosman from Jesse Clegg and who also stars in the Led Zeppelin and ACDC vs Deep Purple Tribute Shows, Jason Oosthuizen from Van Coke Kartel, Lost&Found and now OOOTH, Emile De Jong from The Narrow and frontman Ryan Howell from The Monroes, this killer lineup will definitely keep you entertained and bring all your favourite Guns N' Roses songs back to life. Advertisement This show will be proudly supported by OOOTH who will perform songs from their debut album, Who Cares What You Think, released and launched in November 2018. Tickets are available via Plankton https://plankton.mobi/Events/EventBooking/ddadd542-7b1d-e911-80c2-0cc47a93d288?fbclid=IwAR15kmzMEmPfmgsy_AAsuX_5yENQfsok1-3uGpkycJ17FXcVhbXs9hQ184s

Edited by vloors
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

inb4 all the comments saying “Frank has been playing in a Guns cover band for years already!!!1!1!1”

I was actually waiting for that hah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sure he will include doing fills on c errtain or all songs  where they are not wanted.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that he's doing it only for a paycheck. It's a just for fun project for him, which is great. 

4 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I heard DJ Ashba offered to be their guitar player and they said no thanks

It won't be the same without the top hat! 

Edited by Sosso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vloors said:

 

He has recorded and worked with several high profile musicians including Robi ‘Draco’ Rosa, Tool, Gordon Gano, PJ Harvey, Tommy Stinson, Nena, Frank Black of The Pixies, Neil Young, Perry Farrell, and Cheetah Chrome of The Dead Boys. 

The list of credits seems pretty loose? Like in some cases it means 'appeared at the same festival as...'

How has he worked with Tool for instance? Danny Carrey couldnt pull off a beat and they thought that Frank could save the day, lol? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, soon said:

The list of credits seems pretty loose? Like in some cases it means 'appeared at the same festival as...'

How has he worked with Tool for instance? Danny Carrey couldnt pull off a beat and they thought that Frank could save the day, lol? 

Might of just filled in for a warm up session or something if danny wasnt available or danny was having a piss break or something. Who knows. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't think of any joke or punchline for this topic that wouldn't seem redundant.. :shock:

Sincerely hope Dizzy Reed shows up as well, he's the icing on the GNR cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vloors said:

 

LoL at the article “It is an honour to bring one of the greatest drummers in the world to South Africa".

Looks like Frank hasnt got much going on to do these cover band shows.

https://m.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/480/186599.html

Guns N' Roses drummer Frank Ferrer will join Jason Oosthuizen's tribute show, Guns N' Roses & Friends, at the Hillcrest Quarry in Durbanville, Cape Town on 15 March 2019. Ferrer is best known as the drummer for American rock band Guns N' Roses, with whom he has played, toured, and recorded since 2006. He was also a member of The Psychedelic Furs, Love Spit Love as well as The Beautiful. He has recorded and worked with several high profile musicians including Robi ‘Draco’ Rosa, Tool, Gordon Gano, PJ Harvey, Tommy Stinson, Nena, Frank Black of The Pixies, Neil Young, Perry Farrell, and Cheetah Chrome of The Dead Boys. “It is an honour to bring one of the greatest drummers in the world to South Africa to guest appear in our Guns N' Roses Tribute Show. I have been an admirer of his career for years, so it was naturally a no-brainer to bring Frank to our country for the GNR Tribute Show, and we were delighted that he agreed to come and was just as excited to visit. We cannot wait to share a stage with him and show him our beautiful country,” says Oosthuizen. With a band lineup including Clint Falconer and Dean Barrett from Dan Patlansky band, Werner Bosman from Jesse Clegg and who also stars in the Led Zeppelin and ACDC vs Deep Purple Tribute Shows, Jason Oosthuizen from Van Coke Kartel, Lost&Found and now OOOTH, Emile De Jong from The Narrow and frontman Ryan Howell from The Monroes, this killer lineup will definitely keep you entertained and bring all your favourite Guns N' Roses songs back to life. Advertisement This show will be proudly supported by OOOTH who will perform songs from their debut album, Who Cares What You Think, released and launched in November 2018. Tickets are available via Plankton https://plankton.mobi/Events/EventBooking/ddadd542-7b1d-e911-80c2-0cc47a93d288?fbclid=IwAR15kmzMEmPfmgsy_AAsuX_5yENQfsok1-3uGpkycJ17FXcVhbXs9hQ184s

can he stay in the band and not come back to GNR? His drumming is horrendous. Nice guy though

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all are so ruthless with your Frank hate! :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Y'all are so ruthless with your Frank hate! :lol:

Yeah, it's become like the running gag of the forum. He's taken over from Ashba, so to speak.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Can he stay?

#bringbackadlerorsorum

#bringbackbrain

  • GNFNR 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

can he stay in the band and not come back to GNR? His drumming is horrendous. Nice guy though

This.. No offense to him personally because I am sure he really is a nice guy. His drumming in Guns N' Roses is horrible though.  I am sure he is talented but this band is just the wrong fit.  

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vloors said:

OOOTH who will perform songs from their debut album, Who Cares What You Think

Like that album title.  Nice of him to go all that way to give another band a leg up.  Frank has a big heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sosso said:

#bringbackbrain

I'd settle. He'd be a vast improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 "I have been an admirer of his career for years"

Is that right aye?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×