Gnr Missing Out

Maybe somewhere down the line. Those recorded UYI shows aren't gonna rot there forever, someones gonna release them sooner or later. Could be next year, could be 2067. But they made so much money on this tour I don't think they really care about that at the moment, lol. And priorities are probably on moving forward with new stuff, not revisiting old stuff. They already did that now with AFD L&L.

9 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Recently Metallica announced that they joined a streaming service to stream the audio of over 600 of their previous shows, I think it costs $12.99 a month. I cannot fathom why GNR wouldn’t just make some money like this streaming their soundboards from over the years. What’re your guys thoughts?

Because Team Brazil is not as competent as Metallica's management! Metallica is a well oiled machine!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Because Team Brazil is not as competent as Metallica's management! Metallica is a well oiled machine!

If GNR was managed by Q-Prime like MetallicA then literally everything we currently question regarding music, comms, mech (and pricing), audio/video would be a moot point as it would not have got to this point. We would have all of the above and more already.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

If GNR was managed by Q-Prime like MetallicA then literally everything we currently question regarding music, comms, mech (and pricing), audio/video would be a moot point as it would not have got to this point. We would have all of the above and more already.

Nah, I don't think Team Brazil is the problem. Axl is the problem and no other management could change that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Nah, I don't think Team Brazil is the problem. Axl is the problem and no other management could change that.

Hmm - not so sure about that but guess we will never know. I do think if Q-Prime had been in place back in the day there would have been a different trajectory - they know what they are doing.

The reason Q-Prime set forth fan-friendly releases in an efficient manner is because Metallica will it so, as do Pearl Jam, Maiden, Neil Young, etc. Rose has had how many managers since Niven? Goldstein (who don't forget was still managing until about 2001), Merck, Azoff, Doc McGee, Peter Katsis, the Brazilians? Chaos, incompetence and a lack of new releases (the Chinese Democracy saga) dominate during all their managerial spells. What is the one common denominator here? They all worked for Rose. 

Rose likes Guns N' Roses to be ran as chaos, one-third Area 51, one-third incompetence, one-third soap opera, and with nothing emanating from the centre pertaining to new releases and archival material. It is just the way he likes the band to operate. It is what it is.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

I wouldn't be interested in the streaming service considering Metallica already releases almost all of their shows on a website for download, much like Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Why this will never happen, Axl is too much a perfectionist, casing point: Live Era

Edited by UsedYourIllusion

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Totally Agree! It's the difference of having quality management!

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm certainly not defending the Brazilians who couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery but you didn't exactly obtain these archival shows when Goldstein, Merck and Azoff were managing either, did you? Pearl Jam after all have been offering compact discs of their shows for a very long time, so, if there were a will? The answer as to why nothing is ever released then rests solely with W. Axl Rose who seems to prefer the managements of his band to be chaotic and incompetent.

With Azoff you got the album! After 10 years of studio work. After a number of failed tentative releases and promises.

Say what you will but the man managed to get the album released, and that's all it matters to us.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Haha 1

Look at it this way. If Rose wanted to deliver-up live recordings he would need a Q-Prime type management (and a much better website/fan club set-up) installed to do so in the first place. The management may be incompetent sycophants but Rose has never had the slightest inclination towards making Guns a fan-friendly Maiden/Metallica operation. People give Rose too much the reprieve in blaming ''management''.

• Like 3