Black Panther

OMG! Black Panther won Best Picture at the SAG awards last night. How freakin awesome is that! A movie people actually loved!

Usually any movie that wins Best Picture is one of those drama movies or some artsy movie that no one ever sees. This was a pleasant surprise! Also a movie I actually saw and loved!

Black Panther 2 coming up soon!

Kudos to everyone who was involved with this movie. I guess this shows anything can happen.

Also the actors involved with Crazy Rich Asians are pretty pissed that the movie nor any of the actors were nominated for any awards. I guess Hollywood has to leave one race of people out! How stupid is that? I heard this movie was great. I will watch it when it comes on cable. I love watching movies about all different races because it's cool to learn things about all people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I find the whole thing a bit of a cocksuck.  I mean I've not seen the movie but it seems like the whole thing kind of rode the hype of 'OMG, FIRST BLACK SUPERHERO!'.  So we'll never really know if its a merit thing or a 'lets vote for Colin Powell' thing.  Besides, there's been black superheroes before, Richard Roundtree, Max Julien, Ron O Neal. 

Whaat!??

You've got a cast that includes Eddie Griffth, James Earl Jones, Don Cheadle, Bill Cosby (!!!), Big Daddy Kane, Luther Vandross, Chris Tucker, Naughty By Nature, Treach, Cypress Hill, Biz Markie, John Witherspoon and Sinbad...and there are people who don't remember this? That's every working black actor back in 1993!

I think we should do some retroactive commendation. 

"And the Oscar goes...to 'Meteor Man.'"

Related image

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2019 at 4:08 AM, Len Cnut said:

I find the whole thing a bit of a cocksuck.  I mean I've not seen the movie but it seems like the whole thing kind of rode the hype of 'OMG, FIRST BLACK SUPERHERO!'.  So we'll never really know if its a merit thing or a 'lets vote for Colin Powell' thing.  Besides, there's been black superheroes before, Richard Roundtree, Max Julien, Ron O Neal. 

That's not why it won.

On 2/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, Len Cnut said:

Blade (the first two anyway), motherfuckers! 🤣

You can assess it’s actual merit pretty handily by watching it. It’s okay if you enjoy the genre (I’m not big on it) suffers from the same pacing issues they all do and eventually devolves into the same tedious CGI orgy they all do. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Angelica said:

You can assess it’s actual merit pretty handily by watching it. 

But you can't seperate the general reaction from the hype.  Listen, it might be the greatest movie of all time but its got to be given the chance to kinda stand as a movie instead of 'THE FIRST BLACK etc etc'.  Then again, on the flipside, the girlie Ghostbusters movie didn't exactly benefit from being an all girl thing, it was still called shit but one could argue that has as much to do with the fact that a certain cross-section of society find the black cause a lot more worthy than the feminist cause, the former they consider a righteous thing and the latter just a bunch of posturing bitches complaining about nothing in particular.

Edited by Len Cnut

13 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Of course you can 🤣

You can personally in terms of your reaction to it but in terms of the overall reaction?  I don't see how.  Then again, perhaps I'm talking shit because, I dunno, The Godfather II came with a lot of hype too, are we to presume therefore that since it came with a degree of hype that all the acclaim that followed is invalidated?  That's a little silly. 

Edited by Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You can personally in terms of your reaction to it but in terms of the overall reaction?  I don't see how.  Then again, perhaps I'm talking shit because, I dunno, The Godfather II came with a lot of hype too, are we to presume therefore that since it came with a degree of hype that all the acclaim that followed is invalidated?  That's a little silly. 

Well I’m entirely confident in my opinions and somewhat of a crank so I don’t give a shit about ‘overall reaction’ 🤣🤣🤣 I get what you mean.