brad_k

Brian Johnson confirms new album

Happy for Brian

Eh? Am I missing something?

25 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Eh? Am I missing something?

Nah, fuck it, its too easy :lol: 

• Haha 1

I hope Brian does the right thing and payes tribute to Axl, after taking his gig and all😉

4 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

LOL @ the gratuitous Michael Butler mentions.

Outstanding stuff.

If it's not Cliff, I do think it'll be someone left field. Archie McPherson posted a picture of himself in Vancouver when the fella's were spotted there, so my money will continue to be on him.

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

If it's not Cliff, I do think it'll be someone left field. Archie McPherson posted a picture of himself in Vancouver when the fella's were spotted there, so my money will continue to be on him.

Boaby Petta?

Edited by Bansidhe
  • Haha 1

As much as I like Axl and would love to hear new music from him in any shape or form, I think it makes much more sense for this entire new record (not just one side of it) to feature only Brian. It would mean more to the band, the fans, and the memory of Malcolm.

Besides, this frees up Axl's schedule to focus on new GN' - oh who am I kidding?!

On a more serious note, I hope Eddie's suspicions that Cliff is involved are correct. They should try to retain as much of the classic line-up for this as possible.

• Like 1

i hope brian is able to tour as well, even for just 5-10 shows... Axl should save the voice he has left for GNR, and a tour with Brian would be the proper way to end ACDC

Rumors have been for awhile now that Axl will guest on one or two songs on the new album. Chris Slade mentioned this last year. I’m thinking that’s still the plan. Hoping to see Axl and Brian at least trade vocals for a few songs on the road at some point. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Rumors have been for awhile now that Axl will guest on one or two songs on the new album. Chris Slade mentioned this last year. I’m thinking that’s still the plan. Hoping to see Axl and Brian at least trade vocals for a few songs on the road at some point. 

Axl doing guest vocals alongside Brian for one or two songs is something I’d be ok with, actually.

• Like 1

This is great for ACDC fans and probably how it should be. I was quite looking forward to an AXLDC album though so a couple of guest spots would be nice.

• Like 2

Really pleased for him but I don’t have any interest in this. Was really hoping for an Axl/DC record and tour but I can’t really be too pissed about it. :( 

• Like 4

Axl's probably cool with that.  He loves that band.  Still think I busted him in Atlanta so it wouldn't surprise me if he's got something to do with it.  And there's still the question of a tour.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Axl's probably cool with that.  He loves that band.  Still think I busted him in Atlanta so it wouldn't surprise me if he's got something to do with it.  And there's still the question of a tour.

What do you mean you “busted him?”

Eddie Trunk is so annoying and sort of shrill.

I'm happy for Brian that he'll be part of what's happening. I would be very happy with an AXL/DC album even though I want a GNR album much more. It'll be cool if Axl guests on a few songs and a rumbling duet doubling down on the rasp and gutteral power could be something special.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

What do you mean you “busted him?”

He tweeted about something going on in Atlanta a few days before it hit the national news.  Which was not long after AC/DC left Vancouver.  It was that thing with the kid.  Don't remember the story.  Speculating Axl was in Atlanta when the story broke, tieing into what he was doing there with AC/DC the time before.  I could be totally wrong.  Do they list all the recording studios on albums?

• Like 1

I don’t think Atlanta is a place AC/DC record or rehearse usually. I think they only stayed there before because that’s where the Rock or Bust tour stopped suddenly. 

If Axl was in Atlanta I just doubt it was anything to do with AC/DC. 

Maybe he just saw that story on Twitter? 

• Like 1