Brian Johnson confirms new album

brad_k

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don’t think Atlanta is a place AC/DC record or rehearse usually. I think they only stayed there before because that’s where the Rock or Bust tour stopped suddenly. 

If Axl was in Atlanta I just doubt it was anything to do with AC/DC. 

Maybe he just saw that story on Twitter? 

Good point, probably where national news picked up on it too.  

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's not exciting for me at all. They had so much opportunities, but decided to put out another predictable album with Brian. 

they did the right thing imo, no matter how the album will sound... this will surely be the last thing we get from ACDC so they did something the fans wanted and Malcolm wouldve wanted 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

they did the right thing imo, no matter how the album will sound... this will surely be the last thing we get from ACDC so they did something the fans wanted and Malcolm wouldve wanted 

That's nonsense. How can you know what Malcolm would've wanted? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's nonsense. How can you know what Malcolm would've wanted? 

Thats not nonsense, thats my opinion. They finish with what is the closest lineup to the Back in Black lineup. And of course I dont know what Malcolm wouldve wanted, I just imagine he didnt want ACDC to finish with only Angus, Stevie and 3 guest musicians. They finish as ACDC and not as Angus and friends

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Thats not nonsense, thats my opinion. They finish with what is the closest lineup to the Back in Black lineup. And of course I dont know what Malcolm wouldve wanted, I just imagine he didnt want ACDC to finish with only Angus, Stevie and 3 guest musicians. They finish as ACDC and not as Angus and friends

I hoped for the Mark Evans/Simon Wright combo as the rhythm section for a new album, with Axl on the lead vocals. 

Edited by Sosso

10 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

It makes sense that after losing so many members Angus decided to bring back Brian and Phil to regain credibility instead of going the NUGNR route. 

Sad because I loved axl/dc but I'm happy for Brian and after all this is what most ac/dc fans wanted.

thats exactly my point. I loved Axl/DC, the shows were way more energetic than those with Brian in 2015, but it didnt feel like ACDC to me. 5-10 shows with Brian would be great as an end

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

thats exactly my point. I loved Axl/DC, the shows were way more energetic than those with Brian in 2015, but it didnt feel like ACDC to me. 5-10 shows with Brian would be great as an end

You maybe not believe it, but there are many fans from the Bon Scott years and they don't even like Brian. I love his early albums with the band, but his albums since Stiff Upper Lip are just average. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

This really annoys me when people think Axl has a god given right to be in the band. If you remember back, Axl offered his services to Angus to help the band finish the tour & save them millions of dollars. It was no secret he was a massive fan of AC/D.C. & we got to hear a few old songs (Axl's favourites) on the tour. Brian was never sacked & it was never stated Axl was a member of AC/DC. It was just one  friend helping another friend out. Sadly we've lost Mal, Brian & Phil are back wether Cliff joins remains to be seen (I think he will). So I think we'll get a new farewell  album then a world tour not a lot of dates. But a world tour of some of the biggest festivals in the world. So as many people as possible can say their goodbyes a fitting tribute to Mal & the band.

• Like 2

I guess where I'm at with this is, while I'm excited for the album, I'm not excited for any tour that will follow. With Brian back in the fold, we'll go back to stale hour and 45 minute setlists. After seeing Axl/DC do shows an hour longer than that, it'll be tough to swallow. Throw in the fact that, anytime Brian has performed since he dropped out of the tour he really hasn't sounded that good (Plus his 2016 shows with AC/DC were embarrassingly bad). AC/DC has always been a band I catch multiple times on a tour, but I think if they tour this new album I'll be stepping back to just doing one gig. 

• Like 2

There is loads of things we dont know about what really happened in 2016 there is lots which have gone on behind the seens Brian lost a very good friend around the same time this didn't help things the hearing thing is also a smoke screen for a lot of other things we will never know every band has there ups & downs hes been in the band for over 3 decades this is the month we ment too have official news only time will tell

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

I hope that Axl will be the touring vocalist for the support tour. I don't think that Brian is capable of singing songs like High Voltage, Shoot to Thrill or For Those About To Rock anymore. 

Very doubtful. I think Axl was literally just filling in. They don't have to play High Voltage (they never really did with him) or Shoot to Thrill. Brian can handle FTATR.

• Like 1

this aired during the super bowl, it includes a short snippet from ACDCs 2015 Grammy performance. The other artists in the video are already confirmed performing there, this could hint at a surprise performance from ACDC
Somebody over at the ACDC forum also said that some of the band members are in LA at the moment

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

this aired during the super bowl, it includes a short snippet from ACDCs 2015 Grammy performance. The other artists in the video are already confirmed performing there, this could hint at a surprise performance from ACDC
Somebody over at the ACDC forum also said that some of the band members are in LA at the moment

They're also rumoured to be making an announcement the day after that too so fingers crossed something will happen

• Like 3

I'd say there is about a 10% chance at best they are on the Grammy's. I think they just showed them on the commercial to show a rock band from a previous year. It's a trick to get rock fans like us to tune in. If they are going to be on there, you will know before the show happens. I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...