If Slash would have started a solo career with another singer who sang on his self-titled album and not Myles, who should it have been and why?

KeyserSoze

On 02/02/2019 at 2:55 AM, El Guapo said:

From the album Ian or Andrew would have been much cooler than Myles. 

I liked what Slash and Duff did with Iggy on his Home album, so Iggy as well.

In general: 

Glenn Danzig

Axl Rose ;)

I read glen danzig is a nightmare to work with! 😄. Sounds like hes worse than axl. Needeless to say i was in my l late teens when danzig3/thrall came out which was my first introduction to the band. Good times.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:54 AM, soon said:

Chris Cornel and Slash apparently had talked about doing a whole project (Right? I cant recall where thats from, but Im pretty sure that came to light recently?). Would have been cool to get a few albums of that partnership.

This is the first I'm hearing about this. Do you have any more details? Cornell and Slash would have been cool to hear!

7 hours ago, DTV88 said:

This is the first I'm hearing about this. Do you have any more details? Cornell and Slash would have been cool to hear!

Like I say in my post, Im trying to find the details myself. It would have been amazing!

I think it was brought up in an audio interview. Recently. I dont think it was an interview with Slash. It was talked about on here.

Im thinking maybe on Sidmans or Gambits shows? Or I also listen to Lafon, Music Now, Rockfeed... really wish I could remember!! lol

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Slash and Scott were great, musically. But as people, it always comes across like they didn't mesh at all. VR always had this dark aura, in a bad way.

I guess the whole VR experience had A LOT to do with Slash's love for Myles - he seems like the opposite to Scott/Axl types.

Im sure slash feels working with myles is plain sailing compared to the up and down dramas hes experienced with axl and to a lesser extent rod jackson.

On 05/02/2019 at 3:17 AM, gnfnrs1972 said:

I see no Kid Rock love on the thread so far. I like a lot of his stuff, not all of it. He's got a good gritty voice. He has better stage presence than Myles. He does very well on his own touring wise. I'd like to have seen if they could have brought out the best in each other.

Kid Rock is an absolute length.

Edited by Bansidhe

Chris Cornell would have been great, although selfishly at that time that was around the time Soundgarden got back together and I wouldn't have wanted that alternate reality to impede upon that as well as his awesome acoustic tours

I think Fergie would have been cool overall, she killed it on Beautiful Dangerous and that was probably one of my favorite tracks off that album.  But only under the stipulation that the Super Bowl sparkly top hat is never ever worn during the tour for that album ever lol

Edited by WhazUp

On 01/02/2019 at 12:09 AM, KeyserSoze said:

I'm not sure if I've ever seen this discussed before.

Now that we are almost 10 years down the road from Slashs first major solo effort in years, who is one singer who appeared on the album that you would have rather seen Slash tour the world with in the 2010's rather than Myles? 

I don't think I've really thought about this, so I'll see where this goes before I make up my mind

those singers from the solo album were all big names so they don't fit as singers for a slash solo career

slash would have to make a new band with anyone of those if he was to do something together

and that soon would be called a supergroup

for a solo career the ideal singer would be an unknown like myles but someone who 1) actually was a rock n roller 2) had a better voice 3) and charisma 4) and etc

On 20.2.2019 at 8:09 AM, ToonGuns said:

I always thought that Gary Stringer would fit with Slash. He's got an amazing rock blues tone. Amazing vocalist. Reef's early work was very underrated.

Whitfield Crane was another that crossed my mind.

Yes!! Replenish and Glow where really cool albums and that singer would be sooo refreshing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Corey Taylor...apparently he was in talks to be the singer of VR but it didn’t end up happening...and if you can’t get past hearing that Slipknot voice, please please listen to his cover of Outshined by soundgarden or him singing the song Taciturn live. I would have never guessed it was him singing those songs like a year ago.

Yeah, I say that sorta counts.  Slash added some good guitar parts in Halestorm's Here's to Us.

As stated before though, people would have liked to see M. Shadows, Corey Taylor, Lzzy Hale, etc. work with Slash's solo band, but then again, with their respective bands are pretty much blowing up, especially when it comes to Active Rock charts, that there's no way you make a band like A7X, Slipknot/Stone Sour, and Halestorm go half-time for a certain period of time like Alter Bridge has been.  Those bands are pretty much successful mainstream bands and Alter Bridge is nowhere near that in the states (though their loyal fanbase will still pack around 2,000 people venues in the states based on whatever they put out).

Edited by Anguyen92