If Slash would have started a solo career with another singer who sang on his self-titled album and not Myles, who should it have been and why?

KeyserSoze

I would have to go M. Shadows. GNR were really the first band I got into and A7X were the second. A7X is down near the bottom of my favorite bands list but my dad (I introduced them to him and now he loves them) and I still get a kick out of listening to them occasionally. Shadows’ voice has improved over the years and would be fantastic. As someone mentioned earlier he’s a huge GNR fan so it would be cool seeing a fan front a band with Slash.

• 2 weeks later...

I love all of Slash’s work 

Smkc is the best band on the planet rite now 

I would like to see a New Gnr Record 

a new Smkc Record 

Also If he did another solo record with all different singers here would be my choices 

1-Ritchie Kotzen 

2- Brendan  Maier 

3- Rocco Delucca 

4- Phil Anselmo 

5 - Rod Jackson 

6- Eric Dover 

7- singer from Monster Truck 

8- Singer from Hillbilly Hearld 

9- Dave Mustaine 

10-Axl Rose 

11- singer from Dirty Honey 

12- Jack White 

13- Todd Kerns 

14- Steven Tyler 

Edited by TMAC20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chris Cornell and Slash would never have achieved creative lift-off. Slash at his best is sleazy; Cornell is fundamentally not. Maybe in 1990 they could have done something interesting, when Cornell still took off his shirt. 

M. Shadows is pretty one-note and Slash doing quasi-metal is his worst incarnation. 

I think Ghost is a great song, but it doesn't sound like a pairing that could sustain an album. 

Fergie's rock posing is pretty uncompelling. Of all the badass rock musician women out there... He shoulda done something with Brody Dalle, or Courtney Love, Joan Jett, Patti Smith, L7 or Chrissie Hynde. Push the fucking envelope.

Anyway, we got what we got because there wasn't really another convenient workable option that ticked all the boxes. Hope we get one more stellar version of Slash/killer singer and band before the end. 

Edited by Ant

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Chris Cornell and Slash would never have achieved creative lift-off. Slash at his best is sleazy; Cornell is fundamentally not. Maybe in 1990 they could have done something interesting, when Cornell still took off his shirt. 

M. Shadows is pretty one-note and Slash doing quasi-metal is his worst incarnation. 

I think Ghost is a great song, but it doesn't sound like a pairing that could sustain an album. 

Fergie's rock posing is pretty uncompelling. Of all the badass rock musician women out there... He shoulda done something with Brody Dalle, or Courtney Love, Joan Jett, Patti Smith, L7 or Chrissie Hynde. Push the fucking envelope.

Anyway, we got what we got because there wasn't really another convenient workable option that ticked all the boxes. Hope we get one more stellar version of Slash/killer singer and band before the end. 

He did something with one of the very best female rock singers out there. Beth Hart. Imo Mother Maria is one of the best post Guns tracks of any member of the AFD5

• Like 2

• 2 months later...