The truth, and the end.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

If someone was saying I was working with people who were threatening families, I'd be more than happy to respond no matter who said it. The moment I found out about it, I'd make it clear to anyone who would listen that I would never associate with people who threaten families on my behalf. Like I said before, I know for certain TB is aware of this whole situation. A simple "We have nothing to do with the people making these claims" would put the whole matter to rest. 

It would have been nice.  Ultimately, it's being done by a longtime contact of Beta (and a member of his forum).  

4 minutes ago, trqster said:

I'm now just more focused on emerging rock bands and recently found one that blew the f@ck me away! Never thought about hearing such a soulful and blusey (also folksy) rock n'roll band ever again like KALEO. There is still hope for RnR after all! :headbang:

I'm the same. Not into rock anymore, though. I've shifted to other genres and styles but it feels so good to have new music, to listen to new artists, to be waiting for songs or albums again and that they actually become real in a realistic span of time!

:headbang:

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, trqster said:

To be honest I've been a fan since the early days and no matter what Axl does or doesn't do, I will ALWAYS be a fan of Gn'R. 

That being said they're just a bit pathetic these days, like old farts living out of their endless runs of heyday greatest hits tours. I still hope something might change, but have very little hope for it.

I'm now just more focused on emerging rock bands and recently found one that blew the f@ck me away! Never thought about hearing such a soulful and blusey (also folksy) rock n'roll band ever again like KALEO. There is still hope for RnR after all! :headbang:

Wow, one of our local DJs just posted on fb asking what bands should play the Super Bowl. I mentioned Kaleo along with The Record Company and Rival Sons as bands that I'd like to see get a shot. It'd be nice if younger bands got some deserved exposure. In any case, I thought it was cool that I reference Kaleo just a few minutes ago on an fb post and you're mentioning them here at the same time :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trqster said:

To be honest I've been a fan since the early days and no matter what Axl does or doesn't do, I will ALWAYS be a fan of Gn'R. 

That being said they're just a bit pathetic these days, like old farts living out of their endless runs of heyday greatest hits tours. I still hope something might change, but have very little hope for it.

You might like this too. Also lots of rootsy grit and blues. This band is kinda the top dog in the local rock scene where I live.

• Like 2

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

@SoulMonster you and your precious logic and reason. Where was it when those Japanese business men were feeding you fish cum?!

(Not a joke he admitted this experience in the Anything Goes section :lol:)

It was alive and well telling me to put a smile on it. But seriously, it was yummy. And not so seriously, Anything Goes and Discussion and News are two worlds that shouldn't collide. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, how do you know he is a "longtime contact of Beta"?

Because there is a small circle of people he shares these communications with, and drop tidbits of news prior to the fanbase knowing.  They were all aware of Ron's sacking, DJ resigning and Axl reaching out to Slash as it happened, rather than when everyone else found out.

• Like 2

Just now, Pele said:

Because there is a small circle of people he shares these communications with, and drop tidbits of news prior to the fanbase knowing.  They were all aware of Ron's sacking, DJ resigning and Axl reaching out to Slash as it happened, rather than when everyone else found out.

You belong to this circle?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

So how do you know?

Because the communication has been shared, more than once by more than one person.  Usually in an attempt to prove this individual is 'legit'.

Clues were dropped on their site, such as 'hell froze over' the very day after Axl and Slash first spoke.  This is one example of many.

• Like 2

Just now, Pele said:

Because the communication has been shared, more than once by more than one person.  Usually in an attempt to prove this individual is 'legit'.

Clues were dropped on their site, such as 'hell froze over' the very day after Axl and Slash first spoke.  This is one example of many.

I am trying to understand if someone is just claiming they get confidential information directly from Beta, or if they really are. It would be extremely weird if Beta would disclose confidential information pertaining to the business aspect of her client (Guns N' Roses) with someone, an almost random dude on Internet, who would then go ahead and post about it on a fan forum. It is almost impossible to believe, even in the wacky world of Guns N' Roses.... so I guess it must be true :lol:

But seriously, and apologies for not just directly believing you but I am cynical that way, there are so many guys who claim to be insiders and even guys who set up elaborate schemes to fool the fanbase (usually in an effort to get something in return or just because they are weird creeps). So far you are just another one of those who claim stuff. Can you actually point to any evidence that this is all true? For all I know, you could just have been fooled by someone and is now acting according to their plan. 

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am trying to understand if someone is just claiming they get confidential information directly from Beta, or if they really are. It would be extremely weird if Beta would disclose confidential information pertaining to the business aspect of her client (Guns N' Roses) with someone, an almost random dude on Internet, who would then go ahead and post about it on a fan forum. It is almost impossible to believe, even in the wacky world of Guns N' Roses.... so I guess it must be true :lol:

But seriously, and apologies for not just directly believing you but I am cynical that way, there are so many guys who claim to be insiders and even guys who set up elaborate schemes to fool the fanbase (usually in an effort to get something in return or just because they are weird creeps). So far you are just another one of those who claim stuff. Can you actually point to any evidence that this is all true? For all I know, you could just have been fooled by someone and is now acting according to their plan. 

That's ok.  To be clear, I'm not an insider, I don't know what the band is doing, I haven't heard Atlas Shrugged etc, but I think it's fairly clear I know what I'm talking about in relation to this issue.

Again, to summarize - this is what went down

• A fan from the GNROnline (active from 1998) days struck up a 'penpal' type relationship with Beta (before Team Brasil) was an actual entity.
  • This individual was/is a loyal Axl Rose fan and defended Axl against any criticism online.
  • Beta appreciated the loyalty and support and an informal arrangement was made where this guy and a few other select people would 'police' the message-boards, stopping the spread of mis-information 
  • The character profile was created (and shared between a very small group of users) and registered on all major forums, and this individual started removing vids from YouTube citing copyright
  • The character profile became quite confrontational.  Also, entered into a lot of personal bickering with members 
  • The profile never claimed to be Axl Rose, but (subjectively) typed in Axl lingo.  Any personal info released matched up with Rose (living in Malibu, being nocturnal, being born in 62 etc, etc - could all be coincidental but were all incorrect)
  • The drama got too much and the profile was banned
  • A female member from Florida was wrongly accused of being behind the character and several alts (and still mentioned to this day)
  • The individual leading the profile returned on MSL's forum, then later went on to moderate the forum (now not associated with MSL)
  • This person took exception to comments in a recent podcast, and decided to enlist the help of another member of the forum he moderates and took down as many unauthorized videos as possible
  • This person has toned down his on-line behavior somewhat, but still claims to be living in California which is untrue
Edited by Pele
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What makes you think the decision to not release classic live shows is Team Brazil's and not Axl's? Axl is the one who seems insecure about releasing old material, even to the extent of re-recording his vocals for Live Era. I see no reason why Team Brazil, as long as it didn't interfere with their t-shirt business, would object to releasing old shows.

One of the functions of the job of a manager or agent is to push an artist to perform and produce, both for artistic and financial reasons. If Axl is the main reason the band produces so little, TB is complicit in this.

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Pretty sure the main individual in question in the allegations discussed in this thread is also the individual who previously concocted a 100% fake interview with a former GNR member. Yet, Pele says TB trusts this guy. What a mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

One of the functions of the job of a manager or agent is to push an artist to perform and produce, both for artistic and financial reasons. If Axl is the main reason the band produces so little, TB is complicit in this.

Pretty sure the main individual in question in the allegations discussed in this thread is also the individual who previously concocted a 100% fake interview with a former GNR member. Yet, Pele says TB trusts this guy. What a mess.

You are referring to his younger sidekick.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pele said:

The character profile was created (and shared between a very small group of users) and registered on all major forums, and this individual started removing vids from YouTube citing copyright

I don't understand the part in bold. How was the profile shared between a small group of users but also registered on all the forums? Or do you mean that their real identity was known among a small group of people?

I'm not familiar with the GnR forumland in the past, but more recently profiles assumed to be this person had appeared, in various places on the internet, to be certain and "know for a fact" that Axl was going to record with AC/DC, which, in the light of the latest developments with AC/DC, turned out to not be true. So it doesn't seem to me that this person gets any kind of inside information from TB, at least not currently.

Edited by Blackstar

47 minutes ago, Pele said:

That's ok.  To be clear, I'm not an insider, I don't know what the band is doing, I haven't heard Atlas Shrugged etc, but I think it's fairly clear I know what I'm talking about in relation to this issue.

Again, to summarize - this is what went down

• A fan from the GNROnline (active from 1998) days struck up a 'penpal' type relationship with Beta (before Team Brasil) was an actual entity.
  • This individual was/is a loyal Axl Rose fan and defended Axl against any criticism online.
  • Beta appreciated the loyalty and support and an informal arrangement was made where this guy and a few other select people would 'police' the message-boards, stopping the spread of mis-information 
  • The character profile was created (and shared between a very small group of users) and registered on all major forums, and this individual started removing vids from YouTube citing copyright
  • The character profile became quite confrontational.  Also, entered into a lot of personal bickering with members 
  • The profile never claimed to be Axl Rose, but (subjectively) typed in Axl lingo.  Any personal info released matched up with Rose (living in Malibu, being nocturnal, being born in 62 etc, etc - could all be coincidental but were all incorrect)
  • The drama got too much and the profile was banned
  • A female member from Florida was wrongly accused of being behind the character and several alts (and still mentioned to this day)
  • The individual leading the profile returned on MSL's forum, then later went on to moderate the forum (now not associated with MSL)
  • This person took exception to comments in a recent podcast, and decided to enlist the help of another member of the forum he moderates and took down as many unauthorized videos as possible
  • This person has toned down his on-line behavior somewhat, but still claims to be living in California which is untrue

And this is all compelling enough but how do we know if is true and not someone who claims association with the band? Someone who is lying about being close because it makes them feel important, adds gravitas to their opinions/posts, or does it in some kind of ruse.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I don't understand the part in bold. How was the profile shared between a small group of users but also registered on all the forums? Or do you mean that their real identity was known among a small group of people?

I'm not familiar with the GnR forumland in the past, but more recently profiles assumed to be this person had appeared to be certain and "know for a fact" that Axl was going to record with AC/DC, which, in the light of the latest developments with AC/DC, turned out to not be true. So it doesn't seem to me that this person gets any kind of inside information from TB, at least not currently.

The profile was set up on the forums, and 4 users had access.

The 'character' was essentially this individual, living out his fantasy life online.  90% of content was done by him.  Another user posted occasionally, I don't think the others bothered.

He claims now it was a collective effort, but it was pretty much a one man band with a very devoted (at the time) sidekick.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

So maybe he is also fooling people into believing he is a penpal with Beta?

42 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

That's usually the deal, yes, but in a broader sense it is to facilitate whatever the artist wants to achieve.