1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

This should be mandatory reading for anyone trying to understand the intellect of Mr Rose. It’s a quote from Mick Wall 

”Getting to know Stuart provided a unique insight into Axl's small-town origins. I was boiling eggs in the kitchen one morning when I asked Stuart to fetch some eggcups. He looked at me puzzled.

"Egg what?" he said in his sing-song Midwestern accent.

"Eggcups. You know, for putting eggs in?" 

"Say what?"

I fetched them myself. "Eggcups. See?" He looked but no lights came on. "What do you call them then?" I asked impatiently.

"Uh, we don't call 'em nuthin. I never saw nuthin like that before..."

I looked at him. "Are you taking the piss, Stuart?"

"No, sir. Where I'm from, we don't put 'em in no cups, we just peel 'em and suck 'em."

I "hear" it in posh English: "He doesn't use eggcups. How dreadful!" 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Her boots also really go with that dress.

It was the grunge women's fashion in the early 90s.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

This should be mandatory reading for anyone trying to understand the intellect of Mr Rose. It’s a quote from Mick Wall 

”Getting to know Stuart provided a unique insight into Axl's small-town origins. I was boiling eggs in the kitchen one morning when I asked Stuart to fetch some eggcups. He looked at me puzzled.

"Say what?"

I fetched them myself. "Eggcups. See?" He looked but no lights came on. "What do you call them then?" I asked impatiently.

"No, sir. Where I'm from, we don't put 'em in no cups, we just peel 'em and suck 'em."

Hmm, anyone questioning Axl's intellect might be doing so at their own peril.  I think you might be confusing intelligence with sophistication.  By his own admission he was "fresh off the boat" when be first got to LA.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Hmm, anyone questioning Axl's intellect might be doing so at their own peril.  I think you might be confusing intelligence with sophistication.  By his own admission he was "fresh off the boat" when be first got to LA.

This is a very good point. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Now that we’re talking the real important things like fashion choices I feel obliged to let you know that combat boots and little summer dresses was the thing in the early 90s. It was considered cool.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It was the grunge women's fashion in the early 90s.

If there is one thing I know nothing about it is lady's fashion. 

to support the argument that TB like a certain “attribute” of loyalty no matter what in the fans they keep close to them, look no further than the dude who runs the other forum! 

As for diesel daisy, he never fails to deliver a Clanger! Nearly spat my coffee out at work reading the last 2 pages of this thread 😂👌

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

"Say what?"

Ah yes, that classic British sophistication that we're so well known for.

"My good sir, are you taking the Mickey Bliss? Now hand me that cup so that I may consume these fine aborted chicken foetuses. I will need all the strength I can get if I am to hunt down some foxes later in the day, of course I will not eat these as I am not some sort of savage. Pip pip cheerio!"

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's my thing though; I do not want to believe TB has anything to do with the two people claiming to work on their behalf. The only thing I've wanted this whole time is for TB to come out and say that directly; "we have nothing to do with these two people. None of their actions are 'on our behalf' up an to and especially including threatening people's families".

A simple statement is all it would take for me to say "Ok, they say they're not involved with these two, so I will take them at their word". However, their silence is a real problem for me given the fact that I am 100% certain they are aware of the situation. Not only did Del acknowledge it (by insulting the fan base) but I know for certain the whole situation was brought to Fernando's attention, yet they've still said nothing. That's very troubling for me. 

This bit right here is pretty much the single biggest problem with GnR management. Or lack thereof. It always has been. And it's depressing as hell. This is the kind of shit you would be taught not to do in a band management 101 class. This whole thread is depressing... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Why does he have boxing tape wrapped around the bottoms of his sweatpants? 

He looks like a gaucho from the Argentine Pampas to me :lol:

• Haha 1

I remember Slash’s grandma who said Axl had no manners. :lol: I bet she knew what eggcups are. Maybe eggcups didn’t get introduced to the Midwest? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, soon said:

To me the narrator comes off in a poor light. If the narrator is so worldly and well-traveled then they should be much more prepared to gracefully navigate cultural exchanges. And the narrator, being so cultured, ought to gather the simple fact that cuisine is regional and not every household across America eats soft boiled eggs.

It's Mick Wall. Enough said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

To me the narrator comes off in a poor light. If the narrator is so worldly and well-traveled then they should be much more prepared to gracefully navigate cultural exchanges. And the narrator, being so cultured, ought to gather the simple fact that cuisine is regional and not every household across America eats soft boiled eggs.

Remember - this is ‘Mick Wall at Kerrang!!!’ of Get In The Ring fame we are talking about.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

It's Mick Wall. Enough said.

37 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Remember - this is ‘Mick Wall at Kerrang!!!’ of Get In The Ring fame we are talking about.

I just followed in the footsteps of Axl Roses and ranted against Mick Wall? I feel like a champion, summiting to new heights in my GNR fandom :headbang::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, one of our local DJs just posted on fb asking what bands should play the Super Bowl. I mentioned Kaleo along with The Record Company and Rival Sons as bands that I'd like to see get a shot. It'd be nice if younger bands got some deserved exposure.

If it's anyone, it'll be Greta Van Fleet, probably.

6 minutes ago, moreblack said:

If it's anyone, it'll be Greta Van Fleet, probably.

I sure hope not :/

• Like 2

Kaleo rocks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

How the fuck does someone not know what eggcups are?!

By the name, I can guess what they are but eggcups certainly aren't a mainstay in Texas kitchens. I've never been asked where my eggcups are. In TX we like our eggs hard boiled and deviled. For deviled eggs every kitchen should have an egg tray to sit the cut in half and whipped deviled eggs in but eggcup? No. I guess eggs are Regional. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I am from Lafayette Indiana and can say I have no idea wtf an "eggcup" is. We just called them what they are... "boiled eggs".

2 minutes ago, Mateoson said:

I am from Lafayette Indiana and can say I have no idea wtf an "eggcup" is. We just called them what they are... "boiled eggs".

The boiled egg goes in the egg cup. They're not the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/1/2019 at 3:24 PM, OmarBradley said:

I wonder how many millennials/current gen kids are GNR fans solely because they came across any of the thousands of video and audio recordings on YouTube. That stream of new fans won't come as quickly with the content gone (and no new music...).

I'm one of those fans.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:24 PM, OmarBradley said:

EDIT: And that stunt where GNR gave like 20-30 front row seats to models in LA pisses me off, in the context of everything else. Find myself thinking this a lot, "If it were just one or two of these issues, I could ignore it" - but their disrespect for fans is rampant. 

Yeah that was ridiculous. Should've gone to actual die hard fans instead.

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm one of those fans.

Me too. My friend was streaming some game and the first solo of KOHD was playing and I was like what's that song. Then I listened to it on Youtube, liked it, and then went down the suggested videos on the side, first Breakdown, then Mama Kin, then Pretty Tied Up..it was a good introduction lol. That was 2012 when I was 18

Edited by StrangerInThisTown