The truth, and the end.

2 hours ago, soon said:

To me the narrator comes off in a poor light. If the narrator is so worldly and well-traveled then they should be much more prepared to gracefully navigate cultural exchanges. And the narrator, being so cultured, ought to gather the simple fact that cuisine is regional and not every household across America eats soft boiled eggs.

It's Mick Wall. Enough said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

To me the narrator comes off in a poor light. If the narrator is so worldly and well-traveled then they should be much more prepared to gracefully navigate cultural exchanges. And the narrator, being so cultured, ought to gather the simple fact that cuisine is regional and not every household across America eats soft boiled eggs.

Remember - this is ‘Mick Wall at Kerrang!!!’ of Get In The Ring fame we are talking about.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

It's Mick Wall. Enough said.

37 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Remember - this is ‘Mick Wall at Kerrang!!!’ of Get In The Ring fame we are talking about.

I just followed in the footsteps of Axl Roses and ranted against Mick Wall? I feel like a champion, summiting to new heights in my GNR fandom :headbang::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, one of our local DJs just posted on fb asking what bands should play the Super Bowl. I mentioned Kaleo along with The Record Company and Rival Sons as bands that I'd like to see get a shot. It'd be nice if younger bands got some deserved exposure.

If it's anyone, it'll be Greta Van Fleet, probably.

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

How the fuck does someone not know what eggcups are?!

By the name, I can guess what they are but eggcups certainly aren't a mainstay in Texas kitchens. I've never been asked where my eggcups are. In TX we like our eggs hard boiled and deviled. For deviled eggs every kitchen should have an egg tray to sit the cut in half and whipped deviled eggs in but eggcup? No. I guess eggs are Regional. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 3:24 PM, OmarBradley said:

I wonder how many millennials/current gen kids are GNR fans solely because they came across any of the thousands of video and audio recordings on YouTube. That stream of new fans won't come as quickly with the content gone (and no new music...).

I'm one of those fans.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:24 PM, OmarBradley said:

EDIT: And that stunt where GNR gave like 20-30 front row seats to models in LA pisses me off, in the context of everything else. Find myself thinking this a lot, "If it were just one or two of these issues, I could ignore it" - but their disrespect for fans is rampant. 

Yeah that was ridiculous. Should've gone to actual die hard fans instead.

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm one of those fans.

Me too. My friend was streaming some game and the first solo of KOHD was playing and I was like what's that song. Then I listened to it on Youtube, liked it, and then went down the suggested videos on the side, first Breakdown, then Mama Kin, then Pretty Tied Up..it was a good introduction lol. That was 2012 when I was 18

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

25 minutes ago, Mateoson said:

I am from Lafayette Indiana and can say I have no idea wtf an "eggcup" is. We just called them what they are... "boiled eggs".

But apparently some areas sit the boiled egg in its own cup = eggcup. 

In seriousness I find the talk of eggcups on this thread lighthearted. The interview of Stuart not so much. This thread needed some lightness. 

I think we can all agree whether or not we think eggs need their own cup that the removal of videos from YouTube does no good for GnR and has hurt dedicated fans that enjoy sharing with others. YouTube has preserved 1988-92 GnR. Or it did. 

• Like 3