The truth, and the end.

50 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Well, when GN'R start selling official eggcups, we'll know Fernando was reading this thread.

"Yes! How did I not realise? I know exactly what the fans needed all this time... eggcups!"

Don't worry. Chances are they don't even know what that is.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 9:01 PM, SoulMonster said:

It is an interesting question. But look at it this way: Maybe Slash and Duff aren't considering Team Brazil to be amateurs?

Anything is possible but it seems unlikely given that...well, TB are amateurs by any generous estimation of their abilities. 

After all, TB have managed Guns N' Roses for many years and pulled off tour after tour across the world, even managing to get Axl to start playing on time. 

I don't know if I'd call the TB managed years of touring a success so we'd have to agree to disagree. Weren't Axl and co. bottled off stage in 2010 (Ireland) and heavily booed for being hours late back in 2012 @ the 02 arena? I'll concede that Axl seems to have shaped up somewhat in the few years prior to the reunion but that's like giving kudos to someone for clearing the lowest bar possible.

I am sure Duff and Slash considered that more important when they were to embark on the NITL tour than whether TB remain on good terms with every part of the fan base, including marginal fringe groups of fans who for years and years have been openly hostile towards Beta and Fernando. And in that sense I would argue that Slash and Duff was correct, because the NITL tour has been extremely successful and among the highest grossing in history. 

If that were indeed the case, Duff and Slash wouldn't have their own managers to handle GnR affairs for them. I also seriously doubt Live Nation would entrust a multi-million dollar tour to Axl and his clowns - Rose's reputation prior to NITL was radioactive. I'm sure LN had their own people in place for this tour. 

It does appear however that TB is steering the GnR brand with (or without) the blessings of Slash and Duff which is unfortunate for the fans (imho).

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Anything is possibly but it seems unlikely given that...well, TB are amateurs by any generous estimation of their abilities. 

I don't know if I'd call the TB managed years of touring a success so we'd have to agree to disagree. Weren't Axl and co. bottled off stage in 2010 (Ireland) and heavily booed for being hours late back in 2012 @ the 02 arena? I'll concede that Axl seems to have shaped up somewhat in the few years prior to the reunion but that's like giving kudos to someone for clearing the lowest bar possible.

If that were indeed the case, Duff and Slash wouldn't have their own managers to handle GnR affairs for them. I also seriously doubt Live Nation would entrust a multi-million dollar tour to Axl and his clowns - Rose's reputation prior to NITL was radioactive. I'm sure LN had their own people in place for this tour. 

It does appear however that TB is steering the GnR brand with (or without) the blessings of Slash and Duff which is unfortunate for the fans (imho).

Considering LN had one of their own tour managers as part of the touring crew, LN would have made sure they had their eyes and ears on the ground. If LN were throwing millions of dollars in funding and promoting this tour i understand they would want their team on the ground. Im sure they would given some sort of riot act to TB to ensure this tour would have been a success and LN have the final say on anything.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

Anything is possible but it seems unlikely given that...well, TB are amateurs by any generous estimation of their abilities. 

There hasn't been a single period of touring in the history of GN'R that has been so free of hiccups and problems as the period after TB took over until the start of the NITL tour in 2016....except for the NITL tour itself (!). Axl even started the shows on time in 2012 (or whenever it was). For Duff and Slash, who probably still suffer coldsweats from memories of 87-93, this is close to miraculous. Duff and Slash crediting TB for this is reasonable, and considering the touring success of the NITL tour, that trust was warranted.

As for Duff and Slash having their own personal managers: I would expect nothing less from rock icons. They need someone to handle their own personal interests.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

There hasn't been a single period of touring in the history of GN'R that has been so free of hiccups and problems as the period after TB took over until the start of the NITL tour in 2016....except for the NITL tour itself (!). Axl even started the shows on time in 2012 (or whenever it was). For Duff and Slash, who probably still suffer coldsweats from memories of 87-93, this is close to miraculous. Duff and Slash crediting TB for this is reasonable, and considering the touring success of the NITL tour, that trust was warranted.

As for Duff and Slash having their own personal managers: I would expect nothing less from rock icons. They need someone to handle their own personal interests.

And would you choose 2016 over the chaos of 1987-93? Would you hell!

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just how much credit should TB receive here? If Rose decides to be three hours late because he is (in Bach's words) ''taking a shower'' the onus is on Rose. There is nothing much any management can do to alleviate the situation. 

That is a good question. Personally, I don't think TB should get much credit for the changes seen in Axl. Some, but most of it is due to Axl growing up and becoming more responsible (or less stressed out and neurotic). Still, from Slash and Duff's perspective they see a management team who have been there while these changes in Axl took place, and it would not make sense for them to rock them boat at this stage -- too much money is at risk. To them, TB would appear as an outfit able to manage GN'R for touring (based on the years before 2016) and that's all they would need to know to jump on board. Poor communication and flawed individuals wouldn't matter that much to them, not more than the belief that the touring would go on without any hitches and they would all get rich.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just how much credit should TB receive here? If Rose decides to be three hours late because he is (in Bach's words) ''taking a shower'' the onus is on Rose. There is nothing much any management can do to alleviate the situation. 

I agree. But if he got 3 hours late during the NITL gigs, people(over here) would probably blame TB. Want to bet?

On 2019-02-06 at 3:33 AM, Derick said:

I agree. But if he got 3 hours late during the NITL gigs, people(over here) would probably blame TB. Want to bet?

Well that's just stupidity. Everyone knows whenever the band is late, it's generally Axl's fault.

He can make whatever lane excuses he wants to try and justify it, but the NITL tour only prooves the fact that he was just being a dickhead.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Well that's just stupidity. Everyone knows whenever the band is late, it's generally Axl's fault.

He can make whatever lane excuses he wants to try and justify it, but the NITL tour only prooves the fact that he was just being a dickhead.

How does it prove he was always being a dickhead? 

34 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Yeah you're right, it's stupidity. But if you look here in the forum, I'm sure you'll find people blaming TB for Axl's delays on the Chinese era. Want to bet? :lol:

Just now, F*ck Fear said:

'I was taking a shower', etc.

That to me is him being a dickhead. Get the fuck on stage.

I don’t know man. Artists are a weird bunch. I’ve been around a lot of them. Their brains work differently than the general population. I wouldn’t call behavior like this being dick-ish.... People like that need to be in a certain frame of mind in order to be able to express themselves in whatever capacity they are trying to put forth. 

Just now, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I don’t know man. Artists are a weird bunch. I’ve been around a lot of them. Their brains work differently than the general population. I wouldn’t call behavior like this being dick-ish.... People like that need to be in a certain frame of mind in order to be able to express themselves in whatever capacity they are trying to put forth. 

And to a degree I would agree with you. I just find it hard to believe he's not taking the piss when for 25 years he was one way, but then big money comes back into the picture (NITL) and suddenly it's like he's always been on time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

And to a degree I would agree with you. I just find it hard to believe he's not taking the piss when for 25 years he was one way, but then big money comes back into the picture (NITL) and suddenly it's like he's always been on time.

This was not all of a sudden! If you realize it, he gradually began to reduce delays well before NITL.

• Like 1