The truth, and the end.

3 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

And to a degree I would agree with you. I just find it hard to believe he's not taking the piss when for 25 years he was one way, but then big money comes back into the picture (NITL) and suddenly it's like he's always been on time.

If Axl was motivated by money, he would have reunited with Slash in 2004. This isn’t a money thing. It’s a mental state of mind thing. I for one am happy he’s finally found peace. I also can’t imagine having the entire world pick apart every little thing that I do and try to psychoanalyze exactly why I do it.  I think it would drive a normal person insane let alone someone who’s already dealing with a lot. I asked Duff once if he ever googles his name just to see what people are saying or have said and even he said that would be a dumb thing to do because the fake shit he’d  likely read would make him go nuts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Derick said:

This was not all of a sudden! If you realize it, he gradually began to reduce delays well before NITL.

I saw them in 2006, twice. Both times they took to the stage well past 11PM, probably around midnight. I then saw them in 2011 (or 2012? it's in my signature) - I'm pretty sure they came on at 11PM and at the time that was considered "on time." If it wasn't 11PM, it was no earlier than 10PM. I didn't see them in 2013/2014, but I'm assuming it was much of the same.

Coming on at 8:30/9PM has only started in NITL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

I saw them in 2006, twice. Both times they took to the stage well past 11PM, probably around midnight. I then saw them in 2011 (or 2012? it's in my signature) - I'm pretty sure they came on at 11PM and at the time that was considered "on time." If it wasn't 11PM, it was no earlier than 10PM. I didn't see them in 2013/2014, but I'm assuming it was much of the same.

Coming on at 8:30/9PM has only started in NITL.

I saw them a couple times between 2010 and 2014. 2010 was a disasters with regard to delays and then after that Rock in Rio GIG (2011) things started  to change..La Plata GIG  he was just 30min late and the other shows that would come after that, with a certain regularity, stopped starting with 2 or 3 hours of delay, some of them started on time.

10 hours ago, Derick said:

Yeah you're right, it's stupidity. But if you look here in the forum, I'm sure you'll find people blaming TB for Axl's delays on the Chinese era. Want to bet? :lol:

I don't blame TB for Axl's lateness, but, blame TB for other things.Lateness is Axl💯

On 01/02/2019 at 11:35 PM, RussTCB said:

Possibly but more likely the idea was that a future release may be planned for a lot of this stuff. 

Many of us have said over and over that we're totally OK with that if that's the plan. I mean, it's GN'Rs work, so we'll be happy to pay them for it. 

The problem is two fold: 1) GNR never actually releases anything lol 2) they went about it the completely wrong way. 

Not to mention the wankers getting everything taken down are utter hypocrites since they hoard and share all sorts of rare shit between themselves and the one prick was involved in trading /selling a bunch of the leaks 

• Like 2

I saw guns in 2013 and Axl was on time. 

The lateness during the illusions and later on could be put down to a lot of different factors. Axl being a diva, Axl being deranged, selfish, endulging the chaos, and trying to piss off fellow band members, the list goes on! 

Between 87-93 I didn’t have so much a problem with this! If you purchased a ticket in those times, you had to know what you were getting yourself in for! So o don’t really buy the whole “the poor fans” thing! It was what it was!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I saw guns in 2013 and Axl was on time. 

The lateness during the illusions and later on could be put down to a lot of different factors. Axl being a diva, Axl being deranged, selfish, endulging the chaos, and trying to piss off fellow band members, the list goes on! 

Between 87-93 I didn’t have so much a problem with this! If you purchased a ticket in those times, you had to know what you were getting yourself in for! So o don’t really buy the whole “the poor fans” thing! It was what it was!!!

I personally think the band were splintering in 93. Add to that power plays by members of the band, and im sure they were all guilty of it. We could also add yodas influence in axls life as well which i think was the main reason.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

I’m quite suprised of the entitlement some fans have and how they feel they are owed certain things because of their fandom. Axl doesn’t owe us a new record, or live shows, or access to anything. I think he was on record as saying he didn’t care about the bootlegs that are out there. 

Back in 06, I believe it was, whenever the large batch of leaks came out, I remember there was a song that we all didn’t know the title of and there were people literally badgering Ron Thal about the name of a song and I remember just sitting back in my chair in awe of the balls that it would take to be like “ Hey, we stole this shit but we don’t know the name of this song.. could you tell us the name?” 😂 I mean you gotta have some brass balls to pull that off. 

Imho, Axl was controlled chaos and his attitude towards the media, his fan base, lack of released material was probably him and his personality but also a calculated one. 

I was actually quite surprised he reconciled with Slash in 2015/2016 and was a little bummed that the 2002 lineup never really materialized. I really liked the duo of Bucket/Robin. Not to take away from Slash because Slash belongs right next to Axl & Duff. If I could only grab one GnR record for the rest of my life, it would easily be UYI2. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Download said:

I’m quite suprised of the entitlement some fans have and how they feel they are owed certain things because of their fandom. Axl doesn’t owe us a new record, or live shows, or access to anything. I think he was on record as saying he didn’t care about the bootlegs that are out there. 

Absolutely no one on this board thinks the band owes them anything. And again...this has nothing whatsoever to do with getting anything for free.

• Like 1

I used to be on HTGTH a lot, especially 2002-to around 2012 or so, I go back from time to time, and a lot of people that were active during the buildup of Chinese Democracy haven't been active on their accounts since 2009, some 2010. It's kind of sad, I think a lot of people moved on. The anticipation of CD was so much fun, but they really are mostly a touring band now. And it's cool, I would still go to a show if they came around, but there is only so much you can discuss with a setlist.

19 hours ago, Ericstacey said:

I used to be on HTGTH a lot, especially 2002-to around 2012 or so, I go back from time to time, and a lot of people that were active during the buildup of Chinese Democracy haven't been active on their accounts since 2009, some 2010. It's kind of sad, I think a lot of people moved on. The anticipation of CD was so much fun, but they really are mostly a touring band now. And it's cool, I would still go to a show if they came around, but there is only so much you can discuss with a setlist.

Or maybe they thought CD was a letdown? 

On 2/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, RussTCB said:

Absolutely no one on this board thinks the band owes them anything. And again...this has nothing whatsoever to do with getting anything for free.

I swear just a few days ago was wondering what happened to all the trolls that said "Axl doesn't owe you anything" in every thread. :lol:

I haven't seen that argument in awhile. It was unavoidable when i first signed up.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Its a masterpiece compared to 'Living The Dream'. 

Maybe.. but I'd rather take albums on LTD level released every 3 years than albums on CD level released every 14 years 

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

Maybe.. but I'd rather take albums on LTD level released every 3 years than albums on CD level released every 14 years 

Fair Enough. LTD is the only Slash album that I haven't listened to repeatedly apart from the rest of SMKC and Slash albums. CD gets a huge bad rep and its a shame, its not a bad album...very underrated. I've been a Guns fan since I was 15...I'm 33 now, to say Guns had one album released in the 18 or so years I've been fan 10 years since the last one got released is a bummer. Its not exactly been plain sailing in the GnR world but hopefully there's some new music to enjoy in the next 18 months...;) 

15 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

Its a masterpiece compared to 'Living The Dream'. 

What is this 2005 where we need to pit Slash and Axl against each other? Since you took it there.. At least Living The Dream wasn't released under the Gn'R name....

In my opinion both albums suck. I am a fan of almost all things Slash  but Living The Dream is just boring..  Myles just ruins every song that may have had potential and most of the riffs aren't even that great.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2019 at 6:15 PM, Edward Nygma said:

Fair Enough. LTD is the only Slash album that I haven't listened to repeatedly apart from the rest of SMKC and Slash albums. CD gets a huge bad rep and its a shame, its not a bad album...very underrated. I've been a Guns fan since I was 15...I'm 33 now, to say Guns had one album released in the 18 or so years I've been fan 10 years since the last one got released is a bummer. Its not exactly been plain sailing in the GnR world but hopefully there's some new music to enjoy in the next 18 months...;) 

Axl did it to himself, imho. Chinese was good but was so blatantly obvious that no one had the balls to tell Axl no. So now Axl has to deal with living with the material and he’s never really satisfied. Instead of an album being a snapshot of where you’re at, at that point in time, it’s like he’s trying to create something that’s never really attainable and he’s permanently stuck in a position of “ I don’t know if soon is the word.” 

I’m a huuuge fan of the Deftones and thank god they release albums reguarly every 2-3 years, so I get to enjoy the journey and listen to the band evolve over the course of 20+ years. Going from UYI to CD there was an 17 year gap of umm..how did we get to here? 

• Like 1