The truth, and the end.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Users are of course welcome to stop using the site at any pont that they want, so no one is "stuck" here.

I think it is a right for a user to delete their account without the forum keeping their data.

Stop using it is not the same as deleting an account. I don't know why the forum has this policy. It is ridiculous and I have not made a research, but probably is violating some kind of user rights.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Legendador said:

(Starts stupid dumb voice) "Oh, I'm gonna rant on the MYGNR forum, maybe Dexter will read it and answer me! Maybe he will read this and think, 'well fernomebaby is right! Come to my house and have full access to the vault!'. Maybe the Lebeis will read it and say: 'sorry, dude! we will let Dexter go!".

I bet my ass when they open that sorry ass 'vault', all that will come out is some digital Axl fart :lol:

And the fans like you thinking he's got the next 'Estranged' trapped in that box.

Oh-lololololol :facepalm:

1 hour ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Does anyone know when this deleting spree shit started and why?

The thread linked in a previous post sums it up, but episode 74 of the Appetite For Distortion podcast gives a great insight into how it all started. It's been going on for a few years as far as I can tell but really kicked into pathological overdrive since the last batch of leaks in the summer.

1 hour ago, North Korean Democracy said:

I'm already a Prince fan so I don't need another artist's bootlegs to be so fucking difficult to find.

Tell me about it. Because of Prince, I've had a digital hoarding grab-it-while-you-can mentality for years now. :lol:

• Like 1

the band are nothing without us, the fans.

they where sleeping on floors and going days without food until us, the fans, started buying their gig tickets, records, T shirts.

us fans turned these tramps in to millionaires. 

yes they put in a lot of hard work themselves but so do many people that go bankrupt. we are the loyal customers that made the band what it is. 

we stood by them through break ups and years of inactivity leaving us disappointed most of the time.

when are they going to put a stop to this YT nonsense and stand by us, the fans ? 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I know you know this, but I agree with everything you're saying. I maintain my standpoint: If the band wanted to package and sell us these shows, I get it. That's their right and many of us would have bought them without question. 

However, the way they went about it was just awful. I remain convinced that TB was absolutely involved with "alfred" and the other folks. The fact that TB did NOTHING to dispute that speaks volumes for me.

There's a LOT more to it than videos being deleted.

See below:

and see this thread:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/221064-an-open-letter-to-gnr-team-brazil-umg-and-those-who-are-ruining-the-community/?tab=comments#comment-4610699

Thanks RussTCB, you're a friend. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Users are of course welcome to stop using the site at any pont that they want, so no one is "stuck" here.

Having said that, the non-GN'R sections are very active and seem to be reason enough for many people to stick around :)

I'm staying at the non-GN'R sections, of course. This is NOT about the community or the forum, it is only about the people behind all the crap we've been through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

Man, you are such a cry baby!

Do you really think this is the work of the evil TB?

Axl is the sole owner of the name, he and the record company are the ones who decide on such things.

The band doesn't need word of mouth. Never had since 1987.

See, from where I stand those videos on Youtube were stolen. They are not authorized, thus this is illegal, like a bootleg.

Did you watched them? Cool! Why are you not satisfied? Because it is not available as you wish?

Trent Reznor? The guy is irrelevant since 2005! With Teeth was the last great NIN record. Period.

The band did a 2 year tour with 3 1/2 hour gigs, a huge box set, and you say they don't respect the fans? Cry baby!

Team Brazil is not to blame, but weirdos like you that don't get on with their lives and put a rock band as the most important thing in the world to them!

(Starts stupid dumb voice) "Oh, I'm gonna rant on the MYGNR forum, maybe Dexter will read it and answer me! Maybe he will read this and think, 'well fernomebaby is right! Come to my house and have full access to the vault!'. Maybe the Lebeis will read it and say: 'sorry, dude! we will let Dexter go!".

Shame on you cry baby! Shame on you!

Is TB paying you how much? Just curious!

In the other hand, first try to know who are you talking to. I DID NOT WATCH VIDEOS, I FUCKING MADE THEM. So steal what, my own editing work?

So i am not a weirdo (at least with GN'R), i fucking upset because i can't share with my friends the work i did for them, freely, like internet is supposed to be.

Reznor? With Teeth? Allright, let's pretend for a second that all new NIN music is shit (wich is not), but let's play that game. Tell me, how many new records does GN'R putted out since... 1993? 2008? That's a joke, not a band. And i'm not going to talk about DJ Ashba.

And Dexter, that's just a caracter from a show, like the cartoon singing with Bugs Bunny a few weeks ago. A fucking joke, and a fucking weirdo indeed.

Edited by fernomenoyde
  • GNFNR 1

My favorite development from when all this really went down a few months ago is when Del was communicating with us about the issue, basically just bitching about fans uploading copyrighted work (we are fans, and these recordings/videos help garner new fans and keep existing ones, but that is a topic for another time) and like that same day or close to that same day linked a youtube video of a song not uploaded by that band but some random fan.  The irony killed me on that

You have fans who treat other GNR fans horribly for the sake of "truth" as they unfortunately call it lol.  You have a management team that either endorses their actions, doesn't care enough to do anything about it, or are totally blind to the concept of these videos and are not helping the situation and are having a negative impact on the GNR fandom.  And you have the actual band who probably know nothing about any of this

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

if anyone thinks the band ever cared for the fans - you lived in the world of fairytales!

does the band that cares about fans ban the very same fans from taking pics, recording concerts, release records every million years, fires the whole band over someone's uncontrolable ego?

if they ever did, it was probably while Matt/Iz/Gilby were a part of the unit.

Duff and Slash are back, but they are afraid every inch not to step on Ax's shadow and not to say something the brat might endanger their future or throw a tantrum.  They can't stand any of the other members but don't have balls to even mention a word to Ax.

Hint - remember how Slash classified Frank last summer?  This is a one man band and no band that is such is a band or has any value of such.

What did we do as a group of fans to deserve this shit? A legendary band only after 3 years of performing and writing. One of the biggest tours in history, electric shows and personalities. Music that echoes with the fans and the World. And puff... Gone like a cloud in the desert. We are but tears in the rain to TB. And it's sad that we have already endured the band being dormant almost for 15 years. And now the end doesn't seem to be in sight... 

I don't need as much material as the Stones or Beatles, but just anything please. We can't even enjoy the freedom of YouTube and the internet 😥☹️😭

• GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

My favorite development from when all this really went down a few months ago is when Del was communicating with us about the issue, basically just bitching about fans uploading copyrighted work (we are fans, and these recordings/videos help garner new fans and keep existing ones, but that is a topic for another time) and like that same day or close to that same day linked a youtube video of a song not uploaded by that band but some random fan.  The irony killed me on that

You have fans who treat other GNR fans horribly for the sake of "truth" as they unfortunately call it lol.  You have a management team that either endorses their actions, doesn't care enough to do anything about it, or are totally blind to the concept of these videos and are not helping the situation and are having a negative impact on the GNR fandom.  And you have the actual band who probably know nothing about any of this

Oh holy shit, I couldn't agree more!

I was just talking to @ArtTavana about that earlier this week actually! I filled him in on Del's initial reaction but totally forgot about what Del posted after! :lol:

"Trent Reznor? The guy is irrelevant since 2005! With Teeth was the last great NIN record. Period."

Axl Rose ain't exactly relevant either in fact the last time he did anything relevant was in 1991 GnR were a dying breed until Slash and Duff rejoiced they were playing to half empty arenas and doing Las Vegas residency gigs with a bunch of hired hands playing 20 year old songs, but anyway back to TB they seem like a bunch of amateur novices who have no idea about managing a Rock Band the last guy that really made things happen for GnR was Alan Niven once he and Izzy departed the creative side of GnR suffered massively .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

The truth is that I got tired of this band.
The latest developments coincide with my intuition. From the first moment I said that one or two people could not delete videos and channels on YouTube, without the consent of, at least, Team Brazil.
Now, it turns out that while the stupid people who did all this fights in public at social networks, they expose their participation and responsibilities. But above all, with those who work. Yes, TB.

At least, that's what some "W" guy said to several people. And that is already public known.
For that reason, and because if the band is aware and approves the witch hunt on bootlegs (as if they were gold recordings), or is only management responsability and the musicians live in a parallel dimension ... well, the result is that I want to vomit in all of them. But especially in those who authorize this kind of things.

I do not write this just for my channel, "Noise Pollution", but for the channels of many friends who also died thanks to the lack of brains of egocentric fools.
Do you know how many times I saw comments that talked about attending shows of the band after watching my videos?
That was free advertising, Team Brazil. It was part of the most powerful thing you can find in marketing: the organic recommendation, word of mouth, that the tour was good.
But you decided to shit in our selfless work, in the love of the fans.
A band that does not record new music. A band that does not respect its fans. A band that is allied with crazy people to pursue their fans, is not worth being even heard.

I am leaving this horrible band thinking about the gesture of Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, congratulating the boy who has formed the largest file of bootlegs on the web. They even took some pictures and console recordings were promised.

That's the leader of a band that proposes new and challenging music all the time. The same that Axl admired to the point of "stealing" a guitarist and trying to clone his sound.

These days I feel sorry for Guns N 'Roses. 
If admins want to delete this post, or remove me from the forum, I will understand.
But I had to say it. Axl, you let a bunch of wakos and Team Brazil separate you more from the fans than you've ever been.

Shame on you Axl Rose, shame on you!

Well said. GNR has become the worst kind of business: one that operates on a "maximize profit and minimize effort" ideology. Overpriced box sets with very little new/of interest, jacked up ticket prices, one rerecorded song from 20 years ago, shows featuring 1/4th covers, etc.. And you know, all of that would be OK if they at the same time released music, or indicated in any way that this was more than a fucking paycheck to deepen their pockets. 

Trent is a great example of how to deal with piracy/fan supported bootlegs. You should embrace the people who care so much about your art (not product, not service, this is supposed to be art ffs) that they've gone at length to spend hours of their own time compiling it and organizing it so others can enjoy it as well (again if GNR planned to release it themselves, that's fine and most of us would pay for it). As long as they are not wrongfully profiting from it and the band isn't trying to release competitive material, I see no downside.

Reminds me of CDPR (video game developer). They don't use DRM because their attitude is basically, "be nice to the fans and make great games and you'll make enough profit and goodwill that you won't even notice the tiny piracy loss on the budget line." And for them at least, it works.

I wonder how many millennials/current gen kids are GNR fans solely because they came across any of the thousands of video and audio recordings on YouTube. That stream of new fans won't come as quickly with the content gone (and no new music...).

It does seem like Axl + TB are to blame. I generally don't like accusing when I have a very limited view of the detail, but from the fans' view, everything looks pretty shitty and TB/the band have done little to correct that.

EDIT: And that stunt where GNR gave like 20-30 front row seats to models in LA pisses me off, in the context of everything else. Find myself thinking this a lot, "If it were just one or two of these issues, I could ignore it" - but their disrespect for fans is rampant. 

And if I sound angry about this, it's because I am. GNR was my favorite band for a long time. I've had to revisit and reexamine that adulation over the last few years.

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

He was an absolute dick when people first tried telling him the band's (alleged) lackeys were threatening peoples' families. He's almost always come across as a dick now that I think about it. What's his contribution to GNR? He managed a tour back in the day? I read Slash's book and I remember him being there, but I don't recall his exact role in the band's upbringing/career.

Didn't realize he then linked a YT video without approval... 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

In all seriousness, I do now believe that TB, Del James, and Axl's posse as a total leeches that have hurt the GNR brand more than help it. These hacks shouldnt have been near GNR in a business sense. The blame lies with Axl 

I feel odd casting so much blame without being behind the scenes, but it really looks this way. :(

Edited by OmarBradley
  • GNFNR 1