The truth, and the end.

Just now, janrichmond said:

You can delete your own posts if you really want to leave the forum :shrugs:

Oh yiss, Im going to be deleting this massive amounts of posts? :rofl-lol:

Besides, if I cannot delete my account Im still in my right to use it.
The excuse of "you can leave anytime" without allowing people to delete their accounts is really..... flawed.

I've made a search though, and even though it is not illegal yet, it seems it will be at some point, when the Internet catches up with the law, the rights to privacy and the right to be forgotten.
It is all under discussion, at the moment ;)

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh yiss, Im going to be deleting this massive amounts of posts? :rofl-lol:

Besides, if I cannot delete my account Im still in my right to use it.
The excuse of "you can leave anytime" without allowing people to delete their accounts is really..... flawed.

I've made a search though, and even though it is not illegal yet, it seems it will be at some point, when the Internet catches up with the law, the rights to privacy and the right to be forgotten.
It is all under discussion, at the moment ;)

Then why the need to delete it if you still want to post? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

Man, you are such a cry baby!

Do you really think this is the work of the evil TB?

Axl is the sole owner of the name, he and the record company are the ones who decide on such things.

The band doesn't need word of mouth. Never had since 1987.

See, from where I stand those videos on Youtube were stolen. They are not authorized, thus this is illegal, like a bootleg.

Did you watched them? Cool! Why are you not satisfied? Because it is not available as you wish?

Trent Reznor? The guy is irrelevant since 2005! With Teeth was the last great NIN record. Period.

The band did a 2 year tour with 3 1/2 hour gigs, a huge box set, and you say they don't respect the fans? Cry baby!

Team Brazil is not to blame, but weirdos like you that don't get on with their lives and put a rock band as the most important thing in the world to them!

(Starts stupid dumb voice) "Oh, I'm gonna rant on the MYGNR forum, maybe Dexter will read it and answer me! Maybe he will read this and think, 'well fernomebaby is right! Come to my house and have full access to the vault!'. Maybe the Lebeis will read it and say: 'sorry, dude! we will let Dexter go!".

Shame on you cry baby! Shame on you!

your right the band doesn't need word of mouth, but the youtube videos were free and positive publicity, and management worth their salt would never take these things down

i dont know if the take downs have anything to do with TB, but even if they did, surely the taking down of videos and posts relating to GNR, creating free and positive publicity, why do they remain completely silent on the issue, especially when it has killed off the GNR community on sites like youtube? I know Del James addressed the citation but thats not a proper response from managment itself.

Trent Reznor did a great thing for the fans with the NIN stuff, no matter how irrelevant he may or may not be, something I could never see Axl or GNR ever doing (sadly)

Your right also the band did do a great tour with 3 of the 5 original members, they could have gotten Adler more and maybe Izzy, but beggers cant be choosers, but the box set was poor, there was too much extras or tat depending on how you look at it, the price was ridiculous, and decent bootleg copies of most of the stuff released existed already, but well done to them for releasing 4 (I think) unreleased/ unheard things, but think how much more they could have included to justify the price, how about a remaster of the Ritz 88, one of their most famous concerts, never got an official release!

most of the stuff he released was fan recorded or sourced originally, and releasing this was never a problem before, and all of a sudden, with no warning or second chance, was removed from youtube. The ONLY live recordings officially released by GNR (as far as im aware) are Tokyo 92 and Live era and the 2014 Las Vegas residency, both of which can be found still on youtube. How is it illegal? he never made a profit off it and most if not all of the stuff released was never originally released by GNR and were bootlegs, which also arent illegal as long as they arent bought, they werent in this case 

are you really gonna call him a 'wierdo' and a 'cry baby'? have some more respect for someone who has does done some great work for the community, releasing and remastering old GNR videos, filling a gap and doing things GNR themselves will never do, and most of all a GNR fan, and you choose to name call him, how mature

if you respond i challenge you to not name call me

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Then why the need to delete it if you still want to post? 

That's not the logic, mi amor :awesomeface:

I want to delete account. If I'm not allowed then I have to stay and I can exercise right to post.
I know I can stop posting too, but don't try to equate it to account deletion because it is not.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's not the logic, mi amor :awesomeface:

I want to delete account. If I'm not allowed then I have to stay and I can exercise right to post.
I know I can stop posting too, but don't try to equate it to account deletion because it is not.

I am not equating it to anything. You have the right to post or not. I don't understand why being deleted is important to you.

Sorry for off topic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

To those of you accusing the OP of attention seeking, take a look at the post above.

That's what actual attention seeking looks like, not the post made by the OP. 

LOL, please.

Not only you and Jan are replying to my posts (which puts you and her on the attention seeking wagon as well) but are you trying to bring the forum against me, now?
Great moderation skills! :lol:

@janrichmond I think I explained it on a PM some time ago. If you dont remember I can refresh it to you via PM, again.

Let's go back to rant about GN'R and Team Brazil, it is more entertaining, right? :lol:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

LOL, please.

Not only you and Jan are replying to my posts (which puts you and her on the attention seeking wagon as well) but are you trying to bring the forum against me, now?
Great moderation skills! :lol:

@janrichmond I think I explained it on a PM some time ago. If you dont remember I can refresh it to you via PM, again.

Let's go back to rant about GN'R and Team Brazil, it is more entertaining, right? :lol:

Jan and I are replying to your posts because you're trying to get away with insulting our forum. As you might imagine, we feel the need to defend our forum. 

We're all more than happy to keep on topic. It was you who derailed the thread by seeking attention with your "woe is me, I'm not allowed to delete my account" bit. 

You were given a resolution to that issue, yet you feel to need to seek attention by continuing to whine while further insulting the forum. 

For the record, this thread is not a "rant against GNR and Team Brazil". This thread is about some very real issues facing fans who have done a lot of behalf of other fans. 

Feel free to stick to that topic if you'd like to keep posting in the thread. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Well I can only sympathize and agree the management is shit, on this one. And as you said, it was free advertising, so it's their loss. And yours, because I believe you were very passionate about doing this stuff, and have put a LOT of work into it.

But, you may want to take some time off and let it be for some time. A die-hard fan like you can't be done with GN'R like this ; )

Also, I wouldn't blame it on Axl. Being the leader/frontman doesn't mean you decide of everything. Well, in Axl's position, he could technically, but you are ignoring the fact the management is run by his family. He must have faith in them and let them take some decisions. Axl may not even know about your Youtube channel.

The way I see it, Axl doesn't want to control anything anymore when it comes to Gn'R, except for one thing: his own talent.

I think Axl let it go after the glorious 2009-2010 tour. He clearly had something to prove with this tour, he was burning up. He was incredible. He made a huge impression on me, I will never forget it. I was very surprised by how calm he was when I met him.

Remember when he came to chat here? He cared. I remember one sentence of his that made me laugh "oh come on you all brag about how I never come here and here I am!!" or something along the lines.

But it's clear to me that he has gotten older, wiser, and let the control go. Why take the risk to say anything and let it stay forever on the internet, when you can stay on a high note?

He enjoys life. Happy, healthy, and under the spotlight when he can afford it. You can't take anything away from that. It's a great choice. I wish I can afford this someday.

All of that being say, I wish you the best and hope you can move on with all of this and remain a fan, because... it's still one of the best band ever. Thanks for your work ; )

P.S. : about Trent Reznor, how the fuck is he not relevant? He still has it and has put on amazing shows with Atticus Ross. He's an amazing artist. Axl is still my favorite but huge respect to Trent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Anyone else think the pulling of material generally was to aid sales of the AFD box? 

no. most of the content from that box was posted to YT on release date and is still up.

most of the content removed is not in the box so wouldn't affect sales.

just channels belonging to members of the forums have been targeted. 

it is individuals that are being targeted not the videos they post. 

• Like 1

i think any band have the right to manage which videos , audios , etc. are out there for you to see/hear them.
this new era of  cameras everywhere is really sad for any artist that perform in front of a crowd.
in a way they are protecting themselves from bad ...i mean awful presentations like that bridge thing disaster.

If i own a band i'm gonna try to look and sound the best for the material that's gonna be for the fans.

I'm still shocked that axl and slash are sharing a stage again, and that for me compensate a lot of the "no new music release" (still) and the deleting of things from you tube 

By the way as soon as i knew they where on youtube after watchin some , guess what

i downloaded them to my pc ...all those gems

Saskatoon , ritz, etc ...

You didn't knew you could do that ???

13 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Anyone else think the pulling of material generally was to aid sales of the AFD box? 

Possibly but more likely the idea was that a future release may be planned for a lot of this stuff. 

Many of us have said over and over that we're totally OK with that if that's the plan. I mean, it's GN'Rs work, so we'll be happy to pay them for it. 

The problem is two fold: 1) GNR never actually releases anything lol 2) they went about it the completely wrong way. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Jan and I are replying to your posts because you're trying to get away with insulting our forum. As you might imagine, we feel the need to defend our forum. 

We're all more than happy to keep on topic. It was you who derailed the thread by seeking attention with your "woe is me, I'm not allowed to delete my account" bit. 

You were given a resolution to that issue, yet you feel to need to seek attention by continuing to whine while further insulting the forum. 

For the record, this thread is not a "rant against GNR and Team Brazil". This thread is about some very real issues facing fans who have done a lot of behalf of other fans. 

Feel free to stick to that topic if you'd like to keep posting in the thread. 

Insulting your forum? How is talking about one policy of your forum an insult?
Makes no sense to me :question:

I replied to the guy who suggested that next step would be to delete forum accounts if the fans are not happy with the band. How is that off topic?
It is not derailment when it is totally connected to the frustration described by @fernomenoyde in his post, to which I agree 100%.

Yes it is a rant about Guns N' Roses, the way they treat their fans and about Team Brazil, with how involved or 'uninvolved' they are in the removal of those YouTube accounts and other files online.

I'm not a newbie or uninformed about the issue. I have talked to Fernomenoyde via PM several times, when he lost his channel, He is a fellow countryman.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Insulting your forum? How is talking about one policy of your forum an insult?
Makes no sense to me :question:

I replied to the guy who suggested that next step would be to delete forum accounts if the fans are not happy with the band. How is that off topic?
It is not derailment when it is totally connected to the frustration described by @fernomenoyde in his post, to which I agree 100%.

Yes it is a rant about Guns N' Roses, the way they treat their fans and about Team Brazil, with how involved or 'uninvolved' they are in the removal of those YouTube accounts and other files online.

I'm not a newbie or uninformed about the issue. I have talked to Fernomenoyde via PM several times, when he lost his channel, He is a fellow countryman.

Saying that you're "stuck in hell" due to your own desire to not use a very easy resolution is insulting the forum. You even implied that there might be legalities involved, which is silly because of course, there are none. 

So anyway, if you're done seeking attention by continuing to derail the thread, please let others get back on topic. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

in a way they are protecting themselves from bad ...i mean awful presentations like that bridge thing disaster.

bridge school and the yellow raincoat incident are still up.

Axl has a sense of humour and probably finds it as funny as we do. 

Edited by donny

Just now, RussTCB said:

Saying that you're "stuck in hell" due to your own desire to not use a very easy resolution is insulting the forum. You even implied that there might be legalities involved, which is silly because of course, there are none. 

So anyway, if you're done seeking attention by continuing to derail the thread, please let others get back on topic. 

"Stuck in hell" is TOTALLY a joke! :lol:
How could anyone be stuck in hell on a forum? Come on.... I know you have some sense of humor!
Of course it is not illegal at the moment, and I said that in one of my replies to Jan.

I am not seeking attention, I'm replying to you because not replying to someone who's talking to you is bad manners ;)

Let's get back on topic!
What happened to that version of 'Sorry' with Sebastian Bach? I didn't even get to hear it... :shrugs:

Just now, killuridols said:

"Stuck in hell" is TOTALLY a joke! :lol:
How could anyone be stuck in hell on a forum? Come on.... I know you have some sense of humor!
Of course it is not illegal at the moment, and I said that in one of my replies to Jan.

I am not seeking attention, I'm replying to you because not replying to someone who's talking to you is bad manners ;)

Let's get back on topic!
What happened to that version of 'Sorry' with Sebastian Bach? I didn't even get to hear it... :shrugs:

I have a very good sense of humor actually, or at least I like to think so. Having said that if what you said was meant as a joke, then great, we can get past that. As a reminder, anyone who doesn't desire to be a part of this forum always has every right to just not post. 

As for the last part of your post, I'm not sure why that's even getting attention. There's no new "version" of Sorry. All someone did was post the isolated vocals from the Rock Band 2 files. It's the same vocals that are on the album, you can just hear Baz better without the instruments. The usual click bait music website posted it claiming it was some new version, which is isn't in any way. 

8 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

i think any band have the right to manage which videos , audios , etc. are out there for you to see/hear them.
this new era of  cameras everywhere is really sad for any artist that perform in front of a crowd.

If i own a band i'm gonna try to look and sound the best for the material that's gonna be for the fans.

I'm still shocked that axl and slash are sharing a stage again, and that for me compensate a lot of the "no new music release" (still) and the deleting of things from you tube 

By the way as soon as i knew they where on youtube after watchin some , guess what

i downloaded them to my pc ...all those gems

Saskatoon , ritz, etc ...

You didn't knew you could do that ???

a question for you, should band be able to remove content with them in it, but owned/recorded by other people?

why should bands be able to remove and censor, in my opinion, things and performances they dont want people to see, if they give a poor performance, so what, move on and improve, why censor it? one performance isnt gonna hurt a big bands reputation significantly. censorship rarely helps and usually ends up worsening things in general, I view it as trying to airbrush things and give off false impressions and I think it hurts reputations

• Like 2