Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I have a very good sense of humor actually, or at least I like to think so. Having said that if what you said was meant as a joke, then great, we can get past that. As a reminder, anyone who doesn't desire to be a part of this forum always has every right to just not post. 

Aright :)

I know you and me agree on many things, like.... the OP subject! :P

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

As for the last part of your post, I'm not sure why that's even getting attention. There's no new "version" of Sorry. All someone did was post the isolated vocals from the Rock Band 2 files. It's the same vocals that are on the album, you can just hear Baz better without the instruments. The usual click bait music website posted it claiming it was some new version, which is isn't in any way. 

Oooh. I was confused about that because even Baz replied on Twitter that he had never heard that "version", looool!

But if its the Rock Band thing, then yah, I have heard it and I actually have it somewhere in a disc. It is really old stuff, though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killuridols said:

ooh. I was confused about that because even Baz replied on Twitter that he had never heard that "version", looool!

But if its the Rock Band thing, then yah, I have heard it and I actually have it somewhere in a disc. It is really old stuff, though....

That's just Bach being Bach as far as I can tell lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is sadly how I feel. I’ll still listen to their music but I’ve cashed out until they release new music. Ya’ll can do what you want. But I’m not buying another ticket or any more repackaged old material. Enough is enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

in a way they are protecting themselves from bad ...i mean awful presentations like that bridge thing disaster.

How is that Bridge School disaster the audience fault? :lol:

That's Axl being awful Axl and if it was about that protecting themselves then he should remove everything after 1993, NITL shows included!

Besides, I have the slight recollection that Bridge School was something professionally shot?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a fan of a band that put out 1 album of original material in the past 28 years, bootlegs were a huge part of GN'R fandom for me, hunting down songs like crash diet & cornschucker because I spun their 3 (5 if I'm being generous) albums to death and wanted something new. Now I can't even watch the YouTube videos of performances I've watched & loved since I was a kid. Again, I wouldn't even have a problem if they released plenty of official releases of some of this material, but it seems like an extra slap in the face to get rid of the stuff that kept me hanging on as a fan while they were off releasing next to nothing for almost 3 decades (my whole life) I'll always love the music but these guys should show more appreciation to the people that helped put them on the map.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a moment too soon, Christ, this bands been doing nigh on fuck all since the early 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people on this forum crack me up as sometimes their opinion does not follow basic common sense. The issues are not based on censorship but on ownership and the right to prevent others from profiting off your work. 

I am not making any assertions in relation to the original poster raising the issue, but in todays climate and world money can be made by a person who has their own YouTube channel for the purpose of uploading content. Same goes for Facebook or other social media platforms. 

10 years ago you could create avenues to promote or follow your favourite band for fun, enjoyment or to attract other people who share the same interests as you.

Unfortunately times have changed and the artist's are the ones not in control and or losing out, on the work they created. 

I do take issues with some of the content of the original post. And no i don't work for TB. 

Somtimes there are things that you cannot control or are out of your control. 

I don't think this lies at the feet of TB or the band itself. They to are having to adapt to change, due to the methods available now days in relation to there work being viewed.

I also feel people on this forum find it easy to blame and attack the band and their management knowing they won't react or engage in a response. To be honest they don't need to. Its easier to blame or attack someone who is not going to defend themselves. 

We also must understand that we have no right to tell the band, its members or management what they can and cannot do. 

They and we have a choice to do what we please.

We as fans can watch or listen to music from the original line up, the line-up during the UYI tour, the line-ups during the late 90s, Chinese Democracy to the NITLT, or stop being a fan, no longer post on fan forums or buy tickets to a live performance or to no longer listen to music from the band. 

The band and Its management can also do what they please. 

We the fans have no control over that. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Being a fan of a band that put out 1 album of original material in the past 28 years, bootlegs were a huge part of GN'R fandom for me, hunting down songs like crash diet & cornschucker because I spun their 3 (5 if I'm being generous) albums to death and wanted something new. Now I can't even watch the YouTube videos of performances I've watched & loved since I was a kid. Again, I wouldn't even have a problem if they released plenty of official releases of some of this material, but it seems like an extra slap in the face to get rid of the stuff that kept me hanging on as a fan while they were off releasing next to nothing for almost 3 decades (my whole life) I'll always love the music but these guys should show more appreciation to the people that helped put them on the map.

thats kind of where i stand. i was born in 77 so was a spotted face teenager when the UYI albums dropped. Axl was my hero and GNR shaped my childhood. 

those old bootlegs kept me interested and loyal through their long dormant periods. 

never thought i would see the day when some scum with a long criminal history would (with Team Brazils blessings) wipe all of that stuff off YT. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Some people on this forum crack me up as sometimes their opinion does not follow basic common sense. The issues are not based on censorship but on ownership and the right to prevent others from profiting off your work. 

I am not making any assertions in relation to the original poster raising the issue, but in todays climate and world money can be made by a person having their own YouTube channel. Same goes for Facebook or other social media platforms. 

10 years ago you could create avenues to promote or follow your favourite band for fun, enjoyment or to attract other people who share the same interests as you.

Unfortunately times have changed and the artist's are the ones not in control and or losing out on the work they created. 

I do take issues with some of the content of the original post. And no i don't work for TB. 

Somtimes there are things that you cannot control or are out of your control. 

I don't think this lies at the feet of TB or the band itself. They to are having to adapt to change, due to the methods available now days in relation the there work being viewed.

I also feel people on this forum find it easy to blame and attack the band and thier management knowing they won't react or engage in a response. To be honest they don't need to. Its easier to blame or attack someone who is not going to defend themselves. 

We also must understand that we have no right to tell the band, its members or management what they can and cannot do. 

They and we have a choice to do what we please.

We as fans can watch or listen to music from the original line up, the line-up during the UYI tour, the line-ups during the late 90s, Chinese Democracy to the NITLT. 

The band and Its management can also do what they please. 

We the fans have no control over that. 

the record label don't often take songs down as they profit from them. they just put a copyright claim in so all royalties go to them. 

songs only get taken down when a couple of dipshits get free reign to torment the fans they dislike and the boards they have been banned from. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Did you even read his post?

I only read the opening post.  Didn't see it there.  After reading more posts, I see that deleting account is a problem.  Guess you could still just not log in anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Did he even read the thread? :lol:

CANNOT DELETE ACCOUNT, duh :facepalm:

lol

I think you can go in and change your email address.  Then, never respond to re-activate your account under different email.  Maybe that would work.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fun to ponder sometimes what the band could have done in the past twenty years under proper management, what could have been accomplished.  Instead, we get this timeline.

It's a lot easier to be disappointed in this band than optimistic.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band has every right to take down whatever they want, sorry.

 

If you're as old as you look in your picture, you can probably remember a time before the internet. When people had to buy music in a store. When they had to wait for their band's video to air on MTV, and maybe get it recorded to a VHS tape. Or sneak in a recorder to a concert to get audio of a few songs. Back then, that was "bootlegging".

I'm so fucking annoyed by the people who bitched about the music Guns N' Roses supplied for the Locked N' Loaded and Super Deluxe Editions. "Oh, we've heard this before, it's been online for 20 years".

EXACTLY! People found the files online and illegally downloaded them years ago. Then they have the nerve to complain because everything in the box set was stuff they already heard?

It's called fucking STEALING. 

Hate to tell you this, but there is this thing called "intellectual property". The audio files and video clips you find on the internet and illegally upload/download? The band can readily make the case it belongs to them. They're the ones performing the songs. You go to the shows, you hear the performance while you're there. That's all the band owes you. Recording the whole show to put on You Tube is not some kind of bonus the band offered you. They can remove anything they damn well please.

If you don't think the sales of Chinese Democracy were affected by the leaked material a year in advance, you're fucking incredibly dumb. What incentive does the band have recording an album NOW if someone's going to find a way to get it online well in advance, so when the album does drop, nobody buys it because they've already got it in a file on their computer? You can't keep expecting them to offer freebies inside a CD case or album jacket just to get people to buy a hard copy.

People these days, they want everything for nothing, and then bitch when it's gone because they abused the shit out of it.

 

 

Wow. You might want to educate yourself on the subject a little more. This has absolutely nothing to do with getting anything at all for free 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band has every right to take down whatever they want, sorry.

 

If you're as old as you look in your picture, you can probably remember a time before the internet. When people had to buy music in a store. When they had to wait for their band's video to air on MTV, and maybe get it recorded to a VHS tape. Or sneak in a recorder to a concert to get audio of a few songs. Back then, that was "bootlegging".

I'm so fucking annoyed by the people who bitched about the music Guns N' Roses supplied for the Locked N' Loaded and Super Deluxe Editions. "Oh, we've heard this before, it's been online for 20 years".

EXACTLY! People found the files online and illegally downloaded them years ago. Then they have the nerve to complain because everything in the box set was stuff they already heard?

It's called fucking STEALING. 

Hate to tell you this, but there is this thing called "intellectual property". The audio files and video clips you find on the internet and illegally upload/download? The band can readily make the case it belongs to them. They're the ones performing the songs. You go to the shows, you hear the performance while you're there. That's all the band owes you. Recording the whole show to put on You Tube is not some kind of bonus the band offered you. They can remove anything they damn well please.

If you don't think the sales of Chinese Democracy were affected by the leaked material a year in advance, you're fucking incredibly dumb. What incentive does the band have recording an album NOW if someone's going to find a way to get it online well in advance, so when the album does drop, nobody buys it because they've already got it in a file on their computer? You can't keep expecting them to offer freebies inside a CD case or album jacket just to get people to buy a hard copy.

People these days, they want everything for nothing, and then bitch when it's gone because they abused the shit out of it.

 

 

the band members, their managers, their friends and their friends of friends are the biggest bunch of thieves going. 

so why spout that crock of shit at the fans ? 

think about how Slash got his first top hat and his bottles of JD. what about fernandos mate Jarmo with all the bootleg links on his forum. what about Del posting YT links on his twitter, and what about the 2018 leaks ? they come from Alfred who Fernando has trust in. what about Joel who runs the Nightrain forum for the band and takes down YT vids ? he has a criminal history for theft. 

the list is endless, do you want me to carry on ? 

 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band has every right to take down whatever they want, sorry.

 

If you're as old as you look in your picture, you can probably remember a time before the internet. When people had to buy music in a store. When they had to wait for their band's video to air on MTV, and maybe get it recorded to a VHS tape. Or sneak in a recorder to a concert to get audio of a few songs. Back then, that was "bootlegging".

I'm so fucking annoyed by the people who bitched about the music Guns N' Roses supplied for the Locked N' Loaded and Super Deluxe Editions. "Oh, we've heard this before, it's been online for 20 years".

EXACTLY! People found the files online and illegally downloaded them years ago. Then they have the nerve to complain because everything in the box set was stuff they already heard?

It's called fucking STEALING. 

Hate to tell you this, but there is this thing called "intellectual property". The audio files and video clips you find on the internet and illegally upload/download? The band can readily make the case it belongs to them. They're the ones performing the songs. You go to the shows, you hear the performance while you're there. That's all the band owes you. Recording the whole show to put on You Tube is not some kind of bonus the band offered you. They can remove anything they damn well please.

If you don't think the sales of Chinese Democracy were affected by the leaked material a year in advance, you're fucking incredibly dumb. What incentive does the band have recording an album NOW if someone's going to find a way to get it online well in advance, so when the album does drop, nobody buys it because they've already got it in a file on their computer? You can't keep expecting them to offer freebies inside a CD case or album jacket just to get people to buy a hard copy.

People these days, they want everything for nothing, and then bitch when it's gone because they abused the shit out of it.

 

 

This guy! :lol:

 

We got a REAL fan folks, watch out!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timoteo said:

Ya’ll can do what you want. But I’m not buying another ticket or any more repackaged old material. Enough is enough. 

People can say that all they want. But you know the second the NITL Tour Blu-Ray comes out, that's a first day buy for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol gnr fans are so dramatic. 

 

Almost everything that was taken down last year besides fan made videos are still easily found on YouTube and other video sharing sites.

Edited by Stro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not fun to be a gnr fan, it never was and never will be. Its a shame this band doesn't realize their classic footage is one of epic proportions. In the end it's their content and if they want it down i respect that (but not like it) It's just the way they conducted it whats bad. These video's where on youtube for many years, most of them monetized by Universal so they made nice money offa it. Then suddenly without notice, they start blocking it and instead of announcing they don't want there music being shared, they use some disturbed idiots to do the dirty work, thinking to escape the heat that would rise from it. This was the moment when i realized that a band i loved has officially lost touch with their fanbase.  Besides, Fernando never responding while tons of evidence was provided is the best proof of being involved themselves. 
But hey Fernomenoyde in these cases you don't wanna be let down by it all giving it all up, you gotta just keep on sharing that stuff there's tons of places where you can still do your thing, maybe with a smaller audience but who fucking cares it's not about money making or getting much views. It's about spreading the gnfnr religion. As long as i breathe i will share these classic vids and if the band won't release stuff i will do it for them. Only to make sure this footage will be preserved and for the sake of future generations to come. The sheer importance of these legendary performances should never be underestimated!!!!!

 

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look I don't know the person who wrote this, and I don't know any of the others who agreed with the post, but I have been on here a few years now and I think this is all hot air.

If any rumours of an imminent release of new material come out opinions will turn, like they have time and time again. Anytime there's a hiatus of any kind people get restless here and this sort of thing is said "who's coming with me" 

 

Do GNR care that fans want new material and that we're upset waiting? No! I'm sure they appreciate that they have an audience who still want to hear what they have to say, but they aren't beholden to fans... and I know most of you think they should be "we put them in their fancy hoses!" Do they care about their fans, yes! but not in the way some of you seem to expect "I can't believe I didn't get an an email on my birthday from the guys". Look, these guys care that people show up and buy their music, outside of that no, we're not a concern. These guys have lives outside of GNR and music, if THEY don't want to make new music so be it! really it makes no difference to me! Am I going to stop listening to music I enjoy because of any of this, or because youtube clips get taken down? hell no! Yeah it's a shame, but come on most of us here are adults... I think we can live with or without another GNR album or tour. I want to hear new material, I want to watch old clips of the band, but it's not currently on the table, so I'm currently listening to a lot of other music.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Look I don't know the person who wrote this, and I don't know any of the others who agreed with the post, but I have been on here a few years now and I think this is all hot air.

If any rumours of an imminent release of new material come out opinions will turn, like they have time and time again. Anytime there's a hiatus of any kind people get restless here and this sort of thing is said "who's coming with me" 

 

Do GNR care that fans want new material and that we're upset waiting? No! I'm sure they appreciate that they have an audience who still want to hear what they have to say, but they aren't beholden to fans... and I know most of you think they should be "we put them in their fancy hoses!" Do they care about their fans, yes! but not in the way some of you seem to expect "I can't believe I didn't get an an email on my birthday from the guys". Look, these guys care that people show up and buy their music, outside of that no, we're not a concern. These guys have lives outside of GNR and music, if THEY don't want to make new music so be it! really it makes no difference to me! Am I going to stop listening to music I enjoy because of any of this, or because youtube clips get taken down? hell no! Yeah it's a shame, but come on most of us here are adults... I think we can live with or without another GNR album or tour. I want to hear new material, I want to watch old clips of the band, but it's not currently on the table, so I'm currently listening to a lot of other music.

Again, this has nothing to do with wanting new material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

This guy! :lol:

 

We got a REAL fan folks, watch out!

I am a real fan. I actually enjoyed the material on the Locked N' Loaded set because I hadn't heard it 20 years before.

You know, there was a reason Axl flipped out in St. Louis in 1991. Just because he can't stop everyone from bringing their smartphones to a show in today's world doesn't mean he can't have a say on what can and cannot be put online.

Jeez, do you people ever THINK that maybe the reason the band and management are trying to get a handle on things like this is because they want to make a new record, but fear these people with their "fan channels" will end up leaking the shit?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, moreblack said:

People can say that all they want. But you know the second the NITL Tour Blu-Ray comes out, that's a first day buy for them.

Who buys blu Ray?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I am a real fan. I actually enjoyed the material on the Locked N' Loaded set because I hadn't heard it 20 years before.

You know, there was a reason Axl flipped out in St. Louis in 1991. Just because he can't stop everyone from bringing their smartphones to a show in today's world doesn't mean he can't have a say on what can and cannot be put online.

Jeez, do you people ever THINK that maybe the reason the band and management are trying to get a handle on things like this is because they want to make a new record, but fear these people with their "fan channels" will end up leaking the shit?

No. the people bringing down the "fan channels" last year where the same people that leaked "all that shit"

it looks like you don't know whats going on. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×