The truth, and the end.

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

Dude, as a weirdo myself, I rest my case.

Because they don't, right?

If you have to say that to begin with you are essentially being bummed up the jacksy and are trying to justify being bummed to yourself. I follow multiple acts, Stones, Shakey, etc., and I might not like something they release or a certain direction they make, but at no point do I feel the need to say: ''they don't owe me anything''. 

52 minutes ago, ; D said:

Your right the band doesn't owe the fans anything but a band should respect it's fans and treat them with decency,  don't associate and work with people who threaten certain fans, and also remove people's channels who upload legal content that they can choose to monetize.  They also remove content when they won't release anything from the 'vault' that is actually unreleased, which I don't understand, if you aren't gonna release stuff, let the fans share things. 

Also one of the things a forum is used for is to criticize, I'm sure you can find plenty of positive things people have said about the band on this forum

You are just assuming EVERYTHING!

They disrespect the fans when they walk off the stage or show up late, apart from that, there's no disrespect from the band.

How do you know they are associated with these kind of people?

The record company removes things from Youtube, not the band themselves.

The vault is a myth.

A forum is used to discuss things not to be full on negative in every and each post! But that's your choice.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

How is it that you still don't know what this is actually about? 

I have no idea how to say this any clearer: this has nothing whatsoever to do with getting anything for free. 

What am I missing then?

I'm also not on about getting anything for free, so what are you on about?🤣 If anything you originally called me up because I talked about new music, which I think I cleared up.

1 minute ago, imsorry said:

Oh ok i got 15 min free and will make a multitrack video ... doenst work like that.

guys like Fransad and Ferno spent hundred or even thousand of hours on those videos and its sad seen them work got deleted by the real weirdos.

Thanks man, it is certanly nothing like 15 minutes. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

The record company, UMG, was making money with our videos, not deleting them. The strikes against channels came from pleaople TB hired. There's fisical proof on this very same thread.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you have to say that to begin with you are essentially being bummed up the jacksy and are trying to justify being bummed to yourself. I follow multiple acts, Stones, Shakey, etc., and I might not like something they release or a certain direction they make, but at no point do I feel the need to say: ''they don't owe me anything''. 

Well do you keep on pointing fingers to the Stones, Shakey, whatever or non-stop asking for new music like a kid in a candy store shouting "can I have it?" at 300mph?

You can bet your money on somebody saying, "but this band and that band released 10 records and GNR only one'' in these sort of discussions. 

Guess why Rock is dead? Because all of those records were SHITE! Or do you think Metallica had a OK record after the Black Album?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legendador said:

They disrespect the fans when they walk off the stage or show up late, apart from that, there's no disrespect from the band.

Who do you know they are associated with these kind of people?

The vault is a myth.

A forum is used to discuss thing not to be full on negative in every and each post! But that's your choice.

The record company isn't who this started with. It started with some fans who were claiming they were acting on behalf of the band. The still make that claim even after having threatened not one, but two families. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What am I missing then?

I'm also not on about getting anything for free, so what are you on about?🤣 If anything you originally called me up because I talked about new music, which I think I cleared up.

You said "if the band wants to remove copyrighted material, that is their right" which I took to mean you were saying that's what people are upset about. 

No one is upset at the band if they want to remove copyrighted material. 

People are very upset with the band because the band isn't the one having videos removed. A couple of fans claiming they're representing the band are the ones doing it. They've even threatened two families in the process. They've been claiming they're authorized to do this by the band. Neither the band nor its management has denied this. That's what people are actually (and rightfully) upset about. 

• Like 4

Just now, Legendador said:

Well do you keep on pointing fingers to the Stones, Shakey, whatever or non-stop asking for new music like a kid in a candy store shouting "can I have it?" at 300mph?

You can bet your money on somebody saying, "but this band and that band released 10 records and GNR only one'' in these sort of discussions. 

Guess why Rock is dead? Because all of those records were SHITE! Or do you think Metallica had a OK record after the Black Album?

I quite liked some of the post Black album stuff but I don't really listen to heavy metal much these days. I can however speak more so on Neil Young and the Stones. Three of my preferred albums by those two acts, 2010's Le Noise (Neil Young) 2012's Psychedelic Pill (id) and 2016's Blue and Lonesome (Stones)) came out very recently.

''Axl doesn't owe you anything'' is an excuse of utter subservience to try and defend Axl treating his fanbase like dog poo for continuous years. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Legendador said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with the band not releasing new music. 

This has everything to do with a couple of fans claiming they're representing the band are the ones doing it. They've even threatened two families in the process. They've been claiming they're authorized to do this by the band. Neither the band nor its management has denied this.

I copied and pasted most of the above from another post of mine becuase of couple of you seem to keep missing that. This isn't about the band not releasing new music in any way, no matter how much you keep saying otherwise. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry but the path other artists are following is giving them millions of views and streams.

The digital platforms are the new radio and selling millions of albums is something from the past.

Bands I don't know . Rock is basically dead. But I can speak about other genres that have millions of fans and there are tons of new and not so new artists out there releasing VERY SUCCESFUL music.

Outside this forum, I am completely sure there aren't millions of people waiting for a Guns N' Roses album because this band is completely irrelevant in today's music.

Bullshit. CD took more than a decade to be released and it is pretty mediocre. Just because the artists are using this method of promotion it doesn't mean the music was made in a week.

I know the case of many new artists who have worked for a year or two in their albums but instead of releasing it all at once, they drop a song a month, maybe 3 songs and then the whole album.

We all know the current method for release, but it obviously doesn't work because sales consistently drop across the board. Working against that model is a better bet unless you want fall in line with everyone else. Rock is dead, well it's malnourished but not dead. Sales are still fairly good considering most rock bands have only one platform to promote (live shows/word of mouth). 

Band is irrelevant. Ok. 3 years of hugely successful touring suggests that you are talking out through your arse. You don't like it? Fine, but relevance is if people are willing to part with their hard earned cash and that they definitely did!

Anyway... This is WAY off topic.

I think I finally get what's going on in this thread. The original post is obviously linked to something that happened months ago. Sorry, but I just can't remember the ins and outs of the story... The backstory is very important here, and the OP does not explain this clearly. If you don't want people misinterpreting maybe add a link to the original thread? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You said "if the band wants to remove copyrighted material, that is their right" which I took to mean you were saying that's what people are upset about. 

No one is upset at the band if they want to remove copyrighted material. 

People are very upset with the band because the band isn't the one having videos removed. A couple of fans claiming they're representing the band are the ones doing it. They've even threatened two families in the process. They've been claiming they're authorized to do this by the band. Neither the band nor its management has denied this. That's what people are actually (and rightfully) upset about. 

Ah I am on board now! Thanks, I had forgotten about all the stuff that had gone on!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think I finally get what's going on in this thread. The original post is obviously linked to something that happened months ago. Sorry, but I just can't remember the ins and outs of the story... The backstory is very important here, and the OP does not explain this clearly. If you don't want people misinterpreting maybe add a link to the original thread? 

That's a fair point. I did post a link to the other thread on the first page, but I'll edit the OP to add it to that in a few minutes. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, imsorry said:

The record company only removed the videos associated with afd re release everything else are from the weirdos.

The weirdo discussion is over! Me and @fernomenoydeare in peace n' friends again.

Now move along and don't be sorry! :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I quite liked some of the post Black album stuff but I don't really listen to heavy metal much these days. I can however speak more so on Neil Young and the Stones. Three of my preferred albums by those two acts, 2010's Le Noise (Neil Young) 2012's Psychedelic Pill (id) and 2016's Blue and Lonesome (Stones)) came out very recently.

''Axl doesn't owe you anything'' is an excuse of utter subservience to try and defend Axl treating his fanbase like dog poo for continuous years. 

They way you write, your musical references. I'm in love... :bitchfight:

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Raiken said:

- So anybody that doesn't think like you do or share your viewpoint is stupid? 

- This whol topic is ridiculous and is only a bunch of people complaining and calling GNR names because they can't get things their way. 

- Only a couple of people with sane posts that reflect reality. Sad. 

- No, feel free to not share my viewpoint, but it is stupid in the age of 2019 to consider de-monetized videos fans enjoy to be the enemy, and to let two knuckleheads in the GNR fandom disrupt that

- Nope, it isn't about getting things "their way", it is about decency and respecting a fanbase when the fanbase isn't getting much in terms of material anyways so we are using what we have in the form of concert footage to simply enjoy a band's music that we love and want more of.  

- Yes, the surrounding posts around the ones you made :lol:

Edited by WhazUp

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Interesting. Unfortunately, it is one more proof of how 'amateur' TB are.... :facepalm:

You said he was a penpal of Beta? Wow... that's so childish, immature for a woman her age and she trusted this person just like that?? Have they ever MET in real life? :question:

The other thing that brings my attention is how cheap TB are.... I don't know if it's them or Axl but it feels like they are always going for the cheap options for certain things. They owe money to the musicians, they don't want to share the loot or pay cents to people like Izzy and Steven.

I mean, their whole approach to management is unprofessional and seems to be done under the lowest possible budget. 

A lot of this is still just alleged, until TB or the band makes a statement. But yeah, from our view everything looks pretty ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Pele said:

Agree, and my post above reflects this.

Beta isn't a CEO from a commercially responsible company with a PR team.  She reacts emotionally.  This causes people to then in turn react by saying TM are unprofessional and it goes round and round

You do type as if you know a bit more about the inner workings of TB than the rest of us.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

As far as I am aware, Beta isn't a manager to GN'R anymore.

No, I think @Fernando was promoted to that role.

1 hour ago, ; D said:

Your right the band doesn't owe the fans anything but a band should respect it's fans and treat them with decency,  don't associate and work with people who threaten certain fans, and also remove people's channels who upload legal content that they can choose to monetize.  They also remove content when they won't release anything from the 'vault' that is actually unreleased, which I don't understand, if you aren't gonna release stuff, let the fans share things. 

Also one of the things a forum is used for is to criticize, I'm sure you can find plenty of positive things people have said about the band on this forum

I'm of the view that the band does owe the fans. They don't owe us free things and they shouldn't be chained around the neck to the fanbase. However, they do owe the fans respect. Sicking a habitual troll on well-intentioned fans who have only supported GNR throughout the band's tumultuous and sometimes very disappointing history, is beneath what this fanbase deserves. A fanbase that has tolerated and supported an erratic band that has produced very little content over the last 20 years and has a history of poor messaging/communications strategies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Band is irrelevant. Ok. 3 years of hugely successful touring suggests that you are talking out through your arse. You don't like it? Fine, but relevance is if people are willing to part with their hard earned cash and tha

Yes, this band is nowhere in the Top 40 of anywhere. They are irrelevant because they only live in the minds of Generation X.

The tour was successful because Slash was back (and Duff too) but it is purely nostalgia shit. People were willing to pay for the shows because most of us couldn't properly see them live in the 90s, as most of us were so young that we couldn't go by ourselves to the shows.

Now let's see if they will have such a successful tour in the following years. I'm not going to see them again. I know this very well. 

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

How do you know they are associated with these kind of people?

The vault is a myth.

A forum is used to discuss things not to be full on negative in every and each post! But that's your choice.

the vault is  a sort of metaphor for all the things GNR chooses to hoard and not release, hence why i put it in inverted commas.

I font often post on this forum and try not to be overly negative, this thread may well be overly negative (not sure if I agree) but that shows a sector of the GNR communities opinions on TB/Universal/the band depending on the post, overly negative, there are plenty of positive threads praising GNR.

the record company does take down things but the band can intervene if they wanted to and not every community has been hit bu the record lable the same as the GNR community, which makes me believe there is some sort of GNR specific crackdown.

Although certain people may not be actually linked with them, i believed they were in some way associated with them  (if im wrong then please correct me)  I am fairly sure they claimed to be associated or be doing TBs work, why wouldn't a company distance itself from these people, shouldn't they? by TB not doing that, and distancing themselves from certain people, although its not necessarily disrespectful, I think they are letting down the fans. If TB were to distance themselves, they would undermine their authority and maybe certain people would stop false flagging things

also I should have been more clear, my main gripe is with TB and not the band, ultimately though, who hires TB to manage them?

54 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

A lot of this is still just alleged, until TB or the band makes a statement. But yeah, from our view everything looks pretty ridiculous.

You do type as if you know a bit more about the inner workings of TB than the rest of us.

No, I think @Fernando was promoted to that role.

I'm of the view that the band does owe the fans. They don't owe us free things and they shouldn't be chained around the neck to the fanbase. However, they do owe the fans respect. Sicking a habitual troll on well-intentioned fans who have only supported GNR throughout the band's tumultuous and sometimes very disappointing history, is beneath what this fanbase deserves. A fanbase that has tolerated and supported an erratic band that has produced very little content over the last 20 years and has a history of poor messaging/communications strategies. 

regarding your point, I agree we deserved to be treated, as fans, fairly and with respect, that was my point, one i didnt make particularly well

10 minutes ago, timoteo said:

Such trash to see a fan base as divided as this one is.

It's kind of interesting. At least there are different sides, I stopped reading the Smashing Pumpkins forum because everyone there seems to hate the band, or it seems to be more the ''I Hate Billy Corgan And Everything He Does Is Shit'' forum than an actual fan forum. Some posters here are able to give fair criticism.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1