Axl 1994 solo project ?

good Ax/Slash interview here from january 1994. 

it is mainly focused on TSI but they also talk about "never gonna work with Izzy again" and Slash giving Ax a demo tape a few days ago. Axl says he has plans with Brian May in the near future. Atlas in 94 ? 

also every UYI show being recorded and a rockumentery being made about the tour gets mentioned. 

what caught my attention was when a caller asked if any of them had any solo stuff coming out. Slash says Gilby has a solo record out soon and then Axl butts in to say he has a "project" he is working on. Who can tell me more about this ? was Ax working on a solo album in 94 ? (please dont say CD released in 08) 

the link is for part 2 where at 7.00 minutes Ax mentions his "project" but if you click on the user you can hear all 4 parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He also mentioned at various points wanting to work with Trent Reznor, Dave Navarro and Dave Grohl on a solo project. He also said that 'Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy and Me?' was an experimental solo piece instead of a GN'R track.

A proper Axl solo album would be real interesting, it would have been much more 'out there' than CD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

He also mentioned at various points wanting to work with Trent Reznor, Dave Navarro and Dave Grohl on a solo project. He also said that 'Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy and Me?' was an experimental solo piece instead of a GN'R track.

A proper Axl solo album would be real interesting, it would have been much more 'out there' than CD.

I remember Slash back then talking about how Axl said he was going to get a bunch of people, including Dave Grohl on a solo project and Slash said he responded "you are not". I think this is when he was doing interviews for Snakepit.

Edited by Ericstacey

21 hours ago, Ericstacey said:

I remember Slash back then talking about how Axl said he was going to get a bunch of people, including Dave Grohl on a solo project and Slash said he responded "you are not". I think this is when he was doing interviews for Snakepit.

Slash didnt say this, he said he tought "how? He dont even know this people" or something like this. 

And the solo project eventually became Chinese Democracy. 

Edited by default_

49 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

"Aftonbladet: You, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke... The most people in the band have made records outside Guns. Isn't Axl going to do a solo-record soon?
Slash: Axl thinks that Guns is his solo-project." (Slash, Aftonbladet, 04/02/95)

Yep ive seen that exact quote where slash does mention guns is axls solo band.

• 3 weeks later...