The 6 Nations thread.

spunko12345

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That final game was incredible.

Unbelievable game. I wouldnt know where to begin summing it up haha.  

England as a team, I love watching them play (If i remove my Welsh blinkers). They are probably the best in the world when they click and they are dictating things but they just collapse when put under any pressure and the opposition impose their game on them. It's fucking alarming.

I would be amazed if they win the world cup.

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Unbelievable game. I wouldnt know where to begin summing it up haha.  

England as a team, I love watching them play (If i remove my Welsh blinkers). They are probably the best in the world when they click and they are dictating things but they just collapse when put under any pressure and the opposition impose their game on them. It's fucking alarming.

I would be amazed if they win the world cup.

I think Scotland's manager won the ''battle of the half-time team talks'' somehow.

England and to a lesser extent France seem to be the only Six Nations sides who do much in World Cups. Wales and Ireland, for all their Six Nations success, have never been near a final. But it could change I suppose. 

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Jesus @Graeme your boys are not going down without a fight are they. Absolutely brilliant by the Scots.

Wales got the job done against Ireland who were frankly shite and in my opinion a big disappointment this year.

Minutes away from taking it, yet more to add to our national litany of glorious 'almosts'. This one was quite glorious though.

Llongyfarchiadau, by the way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think Scotland's manager won the ''battle of the half-time team talks'' somehow.

England and to a lesser extent France seem to be the only Six Nations sides who do much in World Cups. Wales and Ireland, for all their Six Nations success, have never been near a final. But it could change I suppose. 

Wales have got to the semis twice last time was 2011.

I'm going to a Rugby game on Saturday at St James', Falcons v Sale. The Falcons are shite now and bottom of the league.

PS

The European Champions and Challenge Cups are at St James' in May and then there is an England international, v Italy, in September (slightly tempted but it comes at the end of the cricket season). St James' Park are making a big play of Rugby Union at the moment.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm going to a Rugby game on Saturday at St James', Falcons v Sale. The Falcons are shite now and bottom of the league.

PS

The European Champions and Challenge Cups are at St James' in May and then there is an England international, v Italy, in September (slightly tempted but it comes at the end of the cricket season). St James' Park are making a big play of Rugby Union at the moment.

Johnny Wilkinson spend a big chunk of his career at the Falcons didn't he? He's a weird one Johnny.

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Johnny Wilkinson spend a big chunk of his career at the Falcons didn't he? He's a weird one Johnny.

Yes, he is a legend 'oop here. Toby Flood still plays for the Falcons. Goneva the Fijian international is there also. 

10 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

No wonder they're bottom of the league then.

And I say that with the authority of a Grand Slam winning fan.

He was pretty good wasn't he Flood? Him and Chris Ashton in 2011 when Martin Johnson's side won the 6 Nations?

Anyway, what is happening in Wales where they're going to amalgamate your clubs into two or three plastic sides?  

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He was pretty good wasn't he Flood? Him and Chris Ashton in 2011 when Martin Johnson's side won the 6 Nations?

Anyway, what is happening in Wales where they're going to amalgamate your clubs into two or three plastic sides?  

That already happened years ago with the region's. Swansea, Neath and dozens of smaller clubs became The Ospreys, all the West Wales clubs including Llanelli became The Scarlets, my own team Newport merged with Ebbw Vale, Pontypool etch to become The Dragons. 

What they are doing now is merging them even more. The old clubs still exist but within the region's I.e Newport still play as Newport every week but their best players play for the Dragons. 

On 25/03/2019 at 11:03 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I'm going to see England v Italy in September. Just a £25 cheapy up in the Leazes End.  

Is that the last home match before the World Cup? England will do as they please and score at least 50 in that one I reckon. Italy have gone backwards.

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Is that the last home match before the World Cup? England will do as they please and score at least 50 in that one I reckon. Italy have gone backwards.

Yes. There is a mini-6 Nations going on before the world cup if you look at the fixtures. 

And I am going to the Challenge Cup Final in May. The Heineken Cup was sold out.

• 2 months later...

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/17685172.gatlands-barbarians-to-be-pivacs-first-test-as-wales-boss/

Brilliant that Gatland gets to coach the Barbarians against Wales in the first Wales fixture after he departs following the World Cup. The crowd in Cardiff will give him an unbelievable response after 3 Grand Slams but if we happen to win the World Cup it will be sexual.

• 2 months later...