Once Upon a Time in Holllywood - New Film by Quentin Tarantino, July 2019

Ace Nova

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am a Lee aficionado. I have read more than enough biographies. They pitched his character wrongly. Yes he was cocky but he wasn't a wanker. Stuntmen would pick fights with him. He was also quite philosophical. Nope, they got him completely wrong. 

Could easily be interpreted that Lee took to the laughing as disrespect/fight-picking.

• GNFNR 1

On 30/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I am a Lee aficionado. I have read more than enough biographies. They pitched his character wrongly. Yes he was cocky but he wasn't a wanker. Stuntmen would pick fights with him. He was also quite philosophical. Nope, they got him completely wrong. 

Yeah but what you're kind of suggesting here is that in every 3 minutes of his life his entire full rounded character was apparent, which is ridiculous.  The only bit thats a bit naff is the 'i would make him a cripple' bit, I can't imagine Bruce saying that about Ali, didn't seem his style but again I am, like yourself, someone who knows about him from biographies and documentaries, I don't know what he'd say but again, there are accounts of him being quite coarse in his behaviour too.  Like the tale Dan Inosanto says about how they were doing some sparring once and he countered Bruce, coming from a boxing background, slipped and countered a jab thrown by Bruce and accidentally chipped his tooth, with Bruce beating seven shades of shit out of him as a consequence, thats sounds a bit of a wankery move, he weren't very philsophical there, was he?  Thats if the story is true but I can't imagine why Inosanto would be out to make him look bad, he certainly hasn't in all other accounts, people like Dan Inosanto have made a name for themselves by association with Bruce.   its one thing being philosophical on the Pierre Burton Show, its another thing entirely when some lairy fucker is mugging you off on a film set.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah but what you're kind of suggesting here is that in every 3 minutes of his life his entire full rounded character was apparent, which is ridiculous.  The only bit thats a bit naff is the 'i would make him a cripple' bit, I can't imagine Bruce saying that about Ali, didn't seem his style but again I am, like yourself, someone who knows about him from biographies and documentaries, I don't know what he'd say but again, there are accounts of him being quite coarse in his behaviour too.  Like the tale Dan Inosanto says about how they were doing some sparring once and he countered Bruce, coming from a boxing background, slipped and countered a jab thrown by Bruce and accidentally chipped his tooth, with Bruce beating seven shades of shit out of him as a consequence, thats sounds a bit of a wankery move, he weren't very philsophical there, was he?  Thats if the story is true but I can't imagine why Inosanto would be out to make him look bad, he certainly hasn't in all other accounts, people like Dan Inosanto have made a name for themselves by association with Bruce.   its one thing being philosophical on the Pierre Burton Show, its another thing entirely when some lairy fucker is mugging you off on a film set.

Yes but what is up with those big slow kickboxing kicks, the one he hits Brad Pitt with? Bruce never fought like that!

This is a decent Bruce impression,

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes but what is up with those big slow kickboxing kicks, the one he hits Brad Pitt with? Bruce never fought like that!

Doesn't flow as well as Bruce and doesn't do the little flicks and nuances of a standing Bruce very well but the actual action yes is a lot more Bruce-like.  I've seen that film y'know, shamefully enough :lol:  I thought the guy in the Tarantino film nailed his vocals quite well, almost seemed like he fluffed the angry removing of the jacket thing that Bruce often did, like he got his arm stuck :lol: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxwAIZ3yDw

3:24

Also, why are they calling Ali Cassius Clay still in 1969, he had been Muhammad Ali since 64.  I know a few stuffed shirts still called him Cassius but you'd think a couple of hip Californians wouldn't. 

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

I just finished watching this.

I rather enjoyed it.

Not Tarantino's best film, sure. Also not his worst (Hateful Eight).

I Agree totally, although hateful eight would have been much better if they’d just edited it down by an hour or so, way to many long boring scenes imo

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

Finally watched the dvd.

I loved this movie. I felt like I was part of it. Quentin knows how to film movies for sure.

Loved the chemistry between Brad and Leo. So cute. Loved getting glimpses of the usual gang Q uses, but missed Sam Jackson. Loved seeing Kurt Russell. He's always amazing.

it was both sad and happy to see Luke Perry.

I totally loved the ending. My God! I was screaming! That dog was priceless. Only wished it could have really gone that way. Love how Quentin sees things. It was just a great movie.

On 12/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, F*ck Fear said:

I just finished watching this.

I rather enjoyed it.

Not Tarantino's best film, sure. Also not his worst (Hateful Eight).

Damn, I loved this movie and Hateful Eight, too. Guess I'm in the minority. I love how Q builds up to an amazing crazy ending in his films.

And Brad for being over 50 years old, what a body on him. I thought Leo was so good. Although the guy rocks anything he does, but he was super funny and heartwarming at the same time.

Margot as Sharon was very charming. My mom watched it too. When Sharon put on Paul Revere and the Raiders my mother was so happy. She loved that band when she was a kid. 

The playboy mansion scene was cool. The actor who played Steve McQueen was spot on. Crazy. I think the blonde was supposed to be Joey Heathertone. My mom thought so. She was big in the 60's too

On 12/3/2019 at 5:02 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I thought the actor who played Bruce was okay. No way would anyone have kicked Bruce's ass back then or ever!  It was a good scene between Brad's character and Bruce.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Damn, I loved this movie and Hateful Eight, too. Guess I'm in the minority. I love how Q builds up to an amazing crazy ending in his films.

And Brad for being over 50 years old, what a body on him. I thought Leo was so good. Although the guy rocks anything he does, but he was super funny and heartwarming at the same time.

Margot as Sharon was very charming. My mom watched it too. When Sharon put on Paul Revere and the Raiders my mother was so happy. She loved that band when she was a kid. 

The playboy mansion scene was cool. The actor who played Steve McQueen was spot on. Crazy. I think the blonde was supposed to be Joey Heathertone. My mom thought so. She was big in the 60's too

I thought the actor who played Bruce was okay. No way would anyone have kicked Bruce's ass back then or ever!  It was a good scene between Brad's character and Bruce.

Very cool.  I saw Paul Revere and the Raiders when I was a kid.  They were playing a free show inside Six Flags, I thought it was so cool because they were wearing their minutemen uniforms.😄

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I just really disliked this film. 

On 11/30/2019 at 10:51 AM, DieselDaisy said:

You are so right. My mom has tons of books about Bruce Lee and everything you said was right on. Bruce had to prove himself time and time again to stupid people who challenged him.

There's no way anyone would have beat him because he was trained in martial arts and boxing. He incorporated so many fighting ways and created his own. The man was one of a kind.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:48 AM, wasted said:

The movie wasn’t historically accurate. None of the Manson family got burnt alive with a flame thrower or had their nuts chewed off by a dog. Reality is just a suggestion. 

It’s not the first time Tarantino has done a revisionist history film. Hitler didn’t get his face filled with bullets and then blown up in a cinema, yet Inglorious Basterds still exists. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It’s not the first time Tarantino has done a revisionist history film. Hitler didn’t get his face filled with bullets and then blown up in a cinema, yet Inglorious Basterds still exists. 

Imagine googling the Manson family after the movie to find out they killed Rick and Cliff in real life. 

On 12/23/2019 at 9:33 AM, TheSeeker said:

Movie was good, but I didn't know much about Manson and the Tate murder going into it and had to do a bunch of googling after

Yeah, I wish Quentin's version was true.

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Imagine googling the Manson family after the movie to find out they killed Rick and Cliff in real life. 

Those were fictional characters. lol

12 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Yeah, wish that ending was true too. The war would have been over sooner and maybe more people would have survived.  I love how Quentin changes things to suit his movies. That's was so cool about them.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:04 AM, DieselDaisy said:

The film utterly stinks and Tarantino's career is over. He should be ashamed of himself for producing such a dreadful film. 

Quentin has said he's doing one more movie and that's it. He always wanted to do ten movies and he has one more to go. Wonder what he'll do next?

I really want another Kill Bill with the kids grown up and seeing what they will do? I think Quentin said he would do that one day. Hope he does.

There's more story to tell with the kids grown up and continuing their revenge.