Once Upon a Time in Holllywood - New Film by Quentin Tarantino, July 2019

Ace Nova

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

K wasn't alive then, but my parents loved the Doors. I know Jim some crazy shit on stage, and was arrested some times, but not sure if he did anything that would warrant him burned up?

Do tell me what you mean? I'm curious now.

Come on, baby, light my fire...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Everytime I re-watch this film i find the Brad and Leo bits interesting but then I find myself forwarding the rest.  I just feel like the lengthy Sharon scenes could be replaced with something that felt a little less meaningless. 

Well, I remember Quentin saying he wanted to focus more on Sharon's life than her death in this movie.

Unfortunately, whenever people do remember her it's because of her death. I do love Quentin's ending so much better. That fight scene is the best ever!

I do love Leo and Brad's buddy friendship in this movie alot.

I also like how Quentin showed us some of Leo's (Ray's) movies and tv shows. lol

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I remember Quentin saying he wanted to focus more on Sharon's life than her death in this movie.

Unfortunately, whenever people do remember her it's because of her death. I do love Quentin's ending so much better. That fight scene is the best ever!

I do love Leo and Brad's buddy friendship in this movie alot.

I also like how Quentin showed us some of Leo's (Ray's) movies and tv shows. lol

But I mean the character just kinda does nothing, she has no death in the movie so he couldn’t concentrate on that aspect if he wanted to.  I love the idea but in a narrative sense its just tedious.  I get that he wants to just present the idea of this lovely girl instead of just the slab of meat she has ended up becoming but I just feel like he perhaps could’ve gone about it in a different way to not make the movie tedious.  The part where she goes to the cinema especially, though I see the intent at that point in the movie you just wanna see more of Brad and Leo.  I like the bits with her and Jay Sebring and the whole Paul Revere and the Raiders thing.  

More than anything cinema is entertainment and if a character isn’t interesting they make the movie drag and presenting just this sweet fun loving girl, though a wonderful tribute to Sharon, isn’t really the most entertaining thing.  

Edited by Len Cnut

On 6/18/2020 at 2:53 PM, Len Cnut said:

But I mean the character just kinda does nothing, she has no death in the movie so he couldn’t concentrate on that aspect if he wanted to.  I love the idea but in a narrative sense its just tedious.  I get that he wants to just present the idea of this lovely girl instead of just the slab of meat she has ended up becoming but I just feel like he perhaps could’ve gone about it in a different way to not make the movie tedious.  The part where she goes to the cinema especially, though I see the intent at that point in the movie you just wanna see more of Brad and Leo.  I like the bits with her and Jay Sebring and the whole Paul Revere and the Raiders thing.  

More than anything cinema is entertainment and if a character isn’t interesting they make the movie drag and presenting just this sweet fun loving girl, though a wonderful tribute to Sharon, isn’t really the most entertaining thing.  

Yeah, I see what you mean.  Not really sure if Quentin knew how Sharon was in real life? She didn't do many movies before her death. I guess he just wanted to do something sweet.

Anyway, I caught some of it today. The Bruce Lee scene and Brad. lol funny.

I also loved Leo talking to the little girl. It was sweet. That little girl actor is on American Housewife. I thought she was so good in this movie too. 

My mom loved this movie because she loved all those songs from the 60's. She was totally in love with Mark from Paul revere and the raiders. lol