Duff at Namm talks about concept behind new solo album

The fact Duff is working on a solo album at all speaks bounds to the progress of a new Guns album. Why the hell would Slash, Dizzy to a lesser extent, and Duff be working on solo stuff at all if there was a new Guns album in the pipes? They know new music isn’t on the way. If new music was on the way everyone would be working on that, and not their own solo stuff. It’s sad but the truth.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I love concept records and I really like the concept behind this one.  It's a harrowing tale of a musician that likes to release music, and he is not able to do that in his main band since that band is really only into marketing cheese and box sets with collectible coins, so in order to achieve his rock n roll dreams of writing and recording music, he must enter the studio alone and triumph with a solo album

Edited by Evan442
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The fact Duff is working on a solo album at all speaks bounds to the progress of a new Guns album. Why the hell would Slash, Dizzy to a lesser extent, and Duff be working on solo stuff at all if there was a new Guns album in the pipes? They know new music isn’t on the way. If new music was on the way everyone would be working on that, and not their own solo stuff. It’s sad but the truth.

I don't think new music is on the way, but these guys can multi task lol. Even if Guns were working on new music, it's not like they are in the studio 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.

I'd rather remember them with UYI's being their last authentic music recorded than have CD type crap with Guns N Roses label on it, even if it was Slash and Duff on that album.

I do think with Izzy doing his part and Matt doing his UYI/TSI type drumming they can create magic but I don't see that happening in 2019. Maybe UYI 30th tour or something.

I rather not have any new music than hear Frank's splashing drums all over.