4tus - Performing with Headtronics and GNR album news.

58 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Because Fortus knows his words have no weight. I’d Slash or Duff had made this declaration it would be headlining story on Rollingstone.com.

It’ll be pretty cool when it does happen eventually, I’d expect the band will get the RS cover when an album drops....

When it comes to releasing any new Guns music, Richard doesn't know his arse from his elbow. He only knows when he is required to tour, that's it. I think when Slash realises that Axl cannot release new music in a simple and timely manner like many other artists seem to be able to do, then Slash will say goodbye to the Guns return project and focus on SMKC. As much as I would love to be wrong 😞

5 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

I think when Slash realises that Axl cannot release new music in a simple and timely manner like many other artists seem to be able to do, then Slash will say goodbye to the Guns return project and focus on SMKC. As much as I would love to be wrong 😞

i think slash realised that a long time ago, along with the rest of the planet, when axl took 180 years to release his deep, complex, modern, current & contemporary solo album

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ludurigan said:

oh, so now ricky is blaming slash for the lack of new music?

- see, if slash wasn't on tour...

these salary boys are hysterical fun!

:rofl-lol:

His name is Richard. Can't you even get his name right? 

The key word he used to keep the excitement down is "hopefully."  I fully believe that the instrumentalists have recorded stuff and that they will record more stuff after Slash's tour.  That part of his answer was pretty specific.  However, using the word "hopefully" when talking about releasing an album and touring it means that it comes down to what it always does.  Will Axl record vocals and not spend 57 years tweaking the recordings?  Basically, Fortus is doing the same thing we are.  Hoping that Axl will do vocals and actually release something so that Fortus can have gigs to perform since it also seems from other member's comments that any future touring is likely tied to a new album and that they aren't going to do another NITL under a different name.

9 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

The key word he used to keep the excitement down is "hopefully."  I fully believe that the instrumentalists have recorded stuff and that they will record more stuff after Slash's tour.  That part of his answer was pretty specific.  However, using the word "hopefully" when talking about releasing an album and touring it means that it comes down to what it always does.  Will Axl record vocals and not spend 57 years tweaking the recordings?  Basically, Fortus is doing the same thing we are.  Hoping that Axl will do vocals and actually release something so that Fortus can have gigs to perform since it also seems from other member's comments that any future touring is likely tied to a new album and that they aren't going to do another NITL under a different name.

hopefully

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Most likely.. They couldn't even record one damn song to promote the 3 year tour.  How hard could that have been? 

I would be surprised if they hadn't actually recorded stuff since the Threeunion. Of course, releasing a new song is another matter completely...

• Like 1

Richard is in a better position that most to know what is happening, so it is daft to just discard what he is saying. There were multiple barriers to release for CD back in the day. That is not the case now and Universal are happier people these days. Fernando's end of events comment also imply continued momentum

It is also worth remembering that Axl released Rock the Rock. That means he has been in a studio to record vocals and he has also released something through Universal readily and without any drama

• Like 3

On 2/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, Mysteron said:

Richard is in a better position that most to know what is happening, so it is daft to just discard what he is saying. There were multiple barriers to release for CD back in the day. That is not the case now and Universal are happier people these days. Fernando's end of events comment also imply continued momentum

It is also worth remembering that Axl released Rock the Rock. That means he has been in a studio to record vocals and he has also released something through Universal readily and without any drama

I don’t know how all the business stuff works, but isn’t Looney Tunes a Warner Bros thing? Not Universal?

either way it doesn’t matter cause the afd box set came out last year so that alone is proof that axl’s relationship with universal is better now than it was during the immediate post-CD years.

Edited by rocknroll41

19 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

When it comes to releasing any new Guns music, Richard doesn't know his arse from his elbow. He only knows when he is required to tour, that's it. I think when Slash realises that Axl cannot release new music in a simple and timely manner like many other artists seem to be able to do, then Slash will say goodbye to the Guns return project and focus on SMKC. As much as I would love to be wrong 😞

Have to disagree with you, mate. Guns is just too lucrative to walk away from now.  He can satisfy himself creatively through SMKC.

9 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Have to disagree with you, mate. Guns is just too lucrative to walk away from now.  He can satisfy himself creatively through SMKC.

I dont think SMKC can make the payments to perla as part of his settlement.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Richard has been working on stuff for years that could be released. Nothing has, it isn't his fault. Look at the Bumblefoot and ASHWABA (Whatever the generic dollar store Slash's name is) leaks that proves they have been in the studio working.

Edited by Billly B

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Alterbridge is booked in the studio for April https://alterbridge.com/products/abvi-studio-hang . Tour gap for SMKC in April.

Slash could always be back in the studio April for GNR until the SMKC tour recommences on May. We can only hope.

An Alter Bridge ad just pop up on my Instagram timeline promoting this new albun 

On 07/02/2019 at 9:46 PM, ludurigan said:

good point

if you ask me, i would say that it is very likely that slash, duff and the aliens wrote and recorded some music

maybe a lot of music

if you ask me, i would say that it is very likely that this music is boring generic rock with shitty groove, shitty dynamics, shitty flow etc (franky should help a lot on that department)

maybe a good riff here or there (slash), maybe a good chord progression here or there (slash, duff)

most likely buried deep within uninspired songs

(I am saying this based on everything that slash, duff and the aliens have written, recorded and released on the last 10 years)

if you ask me, i would say that it is very likely that axl didn't take part of any writing and/or recording session

if you ask me, i would say that maybe axl didn't even listen to anything these guys wrote/recorded

and if axl did listen to anything, he probably didn't get remotely inspired by it

Amazing opinion based on nothing 👍

Fortunately, you really have no clue what's going on, and are just wildly speculating... In the last few years things In the gnr world have changed, it is entirely possible the guitar player in gnr is better informed than a forum user. 

Nothing may happen, but I'd guess that he would only talk about about plans like this if he was directly told that was the plan. Judging by how shy he is with details through the years, I'd also say all the other times he teased a record, he did so because he was told it was imminent.... Now that's my guess, and as good as yours, so do and say what you want with it.

• Like 1