GNRmello77

Axl made himself immortal as a frontman

So here's the thing, I have been watching Axl/DC performances for the last 90mins and I must say it's from another level. I mean with Guns he is great and all but everything is going through the motions, moves gestures vocals are all prepare. With ACDC you kind of see a new Axl with a new aproach full 100%! We must never forget how he got up there and owned the hell out of those shows!! It's beast mode full throtle Axl we see there, perhaps his best live since 2010!! Yes it has been 2 years, but it's nice to go back and think about how he surprised the world both fans and media with this dedication to rock n' roll and himself! For me it remains one of the most memorabele things he's done in his carreer. When we all get bored with Guns video's we have a plan B ;) 

Feel free to post your favorite performance or stand out moment below! 

Edited by GNRmello77
  • Like 1

Truly one of the greatest things to happen in the music biz in a very long time. Possibly the highlight for me was those initial rehearsal recordings in Lisbon I believe it was. I had convinced myself throughout 2013/14 that Axl had lost his voice, especially his upper range and the likelihood of new music was very slim. He appeared to not have the same drive that was previously shown through the 2006/10 era and seemed to be phoning it in (harsh criticism, but it was how I felt at the time). Then the rumors of Axl allegedly going to be filling in for Brian, which most originally passed off as nonsense then the picture of that ginger cunt coming out of the rehearsal studio somewhere in the States came out and the shit hit the fan. I still get a buzz thinking of the very first time I heard those rehearsal recordings from Portugal. The first clip I heard was Thunderstruck and hearing that piercing voice power over those guitars was just something else. Axl still had it and was about to embark on a tour that would prove to the world that he is the greatest at what he does. I still wish there was a live album released to capture this unbelievable collaboration.

• Like 3

Great topic headline - totally sums Axl up. He has etched himself in history as up there in the top 5 frontmen of all time! 

Watched some AXL/DC video's earlier today, the only way I'd be satisfied with no GNR music is if we get a Proshot AXL/DC show since that shit is gold. Absolutely amazing performance, and what boggles my mind is that people hate it because it isn't Brian. Brian IMO has very few highlights aside from Back In Black int he AC/DC catalogue and the real gems are in the Bon Scott era. So for me Axl taking over was a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

I was watching some of the Manchester show this morning and thinking how amazing it all was, I feel really lucky to have been there myself. 

Every song Axl sang was a top notch performance by him, but I remember this one especially standing out:

Also, Angus Young’s never ending guitar solo later on was magic. 

• Like 1

So I have a question or you all.

Do you not feel a bit mugged off that Axl goes out with AC/DC quite obviously rehearses for the shows and sounds on point?

Yet with Guns N Roses his own fucking band who charge more for there tickets the cunt turns up sounding like a frog that just got kicked in the tally wacker?

I would be right Oliver Twist if I had gone to both shows and say him pull them stunts 

Edited by lukepowell1988
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was watching some of the Manchester show this morning and thinking how amazing it all was, I feel really lucky to have been there myself. 

Every song Axl sang was a top notch performance by him, but I remember this one especially standing out:

Also, Angus Young’s never ending guitar solo later on was magic. 

I was really lucky with the show I saw in Fort Lauderdale. Axl and Angus were perfect! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

So I have a question or you all.

Do you not feel a bit mugged off that Axl goes out with AC/DC quite obviously rehearses for the shows and sounds on point.

Yet with Guns N Roses his own fucking band who charge more for there tickets the cunt turns up sounding like a frog that just got kicked in the tally wacker?

I would be right Oliver Twist if I had gone to both shows and say him pull them stunts 

Honestly, yeah a little bit I do feel a bit  pissed off about how I heard him sing for AC/DC and then a year/2 years later not so good for GnR. 

I thought he was okay in London and at Donington but nothing like he was in ACDC. 

In some shows though even WTTJ was sounding ropey, so I do think his voice started to wear down as well. 

Very annoying that he could prepare so well with them but not GnR. I know the eyes of the world were on him so to speak but they were with the GnR reunion as well. 

• Like 1