Sign in to follow this  
fumardude

CD STARTS NOW

Hey guys throughout the years in here people have asked about the notorious CD STARTS NOW shirt. A few months back I messaged this account about the shirt & well it took them a few months, but I guess they came through after all.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382738765015

Edited by fumardude
Misspelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Bought one.  I'm willing to gamble $25.   I've wanted this fucking shirt for almost two decades.   I'll settle for a bootleg for now.

Could you possibly post pics and your thoughts when it arrives? I'm in the same boat; I've wanted this shirt for a long time. If no one else had, I was going to just pull the trigger. Since you did already, I might as well hold off and see how it is. 

I seen an official one go for like $16 months ago.

I was looking at sold listings and nearly had a panic attack that i missed out on it.

I’ve bought a few different ones(not just gnr), honestly you’ll be surprised how not totally shitty they are haha. I think its worth it, especially if the real one you want is rare or expensive. 

I too am curious whether the shirt will be of decent quality. I wouldn’t risk it because all of these accounts are new and their reviews are mostly (and oddly) $0.01 recipes. 

On topic. I bought a real one on eBay about a year ago. There was a guy on here selling 2 of them for initaly $400. I ultimately paid $140 for one in Large. Unfortunately, the shirt is too big for me and I don’t think I’ll wear it (wore it once). 

I wouldn’t sell it lightly but cld be open to an interesting offers/trades.  Looking for an excellent condition CD Starts Now shirt from the 2002 tour (raised fist)

Jeez, a large was too big for you?  Unreal.

I thought that guy was full of shit asking for $400 for a pair and refusing to sell them one at a time.  I'm pretty sure I offered him $150 for just one and he refused.  I thought it was sketchy that the shirts were "sealed" in plastic bags though.  In all my decades of attending gigs and buying merch, I have NEVER seen a concert t-shirt in a bag.

PM me if you're interested in selling the genuine one.  It's way too small for me, but I'll likely just hang it on the wall as a decoration anyway.

Also, thanks to the OP for posting this and bringing it to our attention in the first place.  Like I said, if I get screwed, I'm only out $27.50.  Based on the pics on the auction page, the front graphic seems a bit small and the color gradiation between the yellow and orange looks off.  The text on the back looks fuzzy as well.   But I don't care....it's a bootleg and I know it's a bootleg, so I won't be too upset if it's a piece of shit.

Shirt was definitely legit. He told me he ordered them online after the show, so it makes sense. I’ve ordered a number of shirts from bands’ websites and they are almost always sealed 

And his eBay track record was legitimate, so that’s how I got comfortable

yes, it’s slightly big. It’s old school concert shirt bulky (and the heavier fabric). Similar to fit to my Large from the 2002 shows!