Poll: What do we as fans and consumers want?

As fans and consumers, what do we want?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

All of that would be nice, but as a fan first and fore most what I want is to be treated with some respect 

Thank you. Like every other band does with their fans.  GG Allin treated his fan base better 🤣

Edited by Its Tino
  • Haha 1

The Complete Chinese Sessions first, similar to how Bob Dylan's released his Bootleg Series albums.

Locked n' Loaded Use Your Illusions next, packaged with all the outtakes.

Then a new album.  I couldn't care less about a bluray/CD of a live show.

• GNFNR 1

1. new album

2. less covers. when i go to see gnr in concert i want to hear them play guns n roses music, not the who, bob dylan, paul mc cartney, soundgarden, pink floyd, ac/dc...

3. more steven. the band sounds so much better with him. if he cant be part of an entire tour at least have him guest more often, perhaps at the end of the show for a 3-4 punch of classics as they did with izzy during the 2006 tour.

4. bring back the axl stage banter, rants, jokes, stories and speeches on stage instead of taking it all to fucking twitter

Edited by adamsapple

New/unheard music, in any form. Whether that means NITL line-up recording an album, the CD-era leftovers, or Axl/DC. Live releases and over-priced box-sets are relatively uninteresting and wouldn't sell nearly as much as new music would.

I can't believe how much people fawn over the Ritz '88 show, too. It's one of the most bootlegged concerts around, from any band. We've all seen and heard it plenty of times, and honestly it's not that great of a show - most other bootlegs from the AFD era blow it out of the water (Music Machine '86, Ritz '87, Melbourne or Japan '88, etc). If Ritz '88 were their next official release, I wouldn't buy it... if they couldn't be bothered to include it in their $1000 box-set, and want to squeeze an extra $25 out of each fan, then fuck 'em.

• GNFNR 1

34 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

New/unheard music, in any form. Whether that means NITL line-up recording an album, the CD-era leftovers, or Axl/DC. Live releases and over-priced box-sets are relatively uninteresting and wouldn't sell nearly as much as new music would.

I can't believe how much people fawn over the Ritz '88 show, too. It's one of the most bootlegged concerts around, from any band. We've all seen and heard it plenty of times, and honestly it's not that great of a show - most other bootlegs from the AFD era blow it out of the water (Music Machine '86, Ritz '87, Melbourne or Japan '88, etc). If Ritz '88 were their next official release, I wouldn't buy it... if they couldn't be bothered to include it in their $1000 box-set, and want to squeeze an extra $25 out of each fan, then fuck 'em.

The thing about Ritz 88 IMO is the fact it’s the best quality product we are likely to get. It was professionally recorded for TV and the audio was used for broadcast on radio so there must be actual tapes. I don’t think that’s the case with the other gigs.

You may well be right in that it’s not their best gig but it has an energy and rawness to it.

Why would anyone want better sounding versions of soundboards that are already circulating? Except for the AFD tour, Marquee, Ritz 87, 88 and Pasadena would be amazing to have in better quality. I mean, practically no-one in their right mind would prefer getting a better sounding version of Argentina 1992 when they could get a SBD/Pro-shot of a show with bad/no audio currently available. Inglewood 1991, MSG 1991 or Texas 1993 all the way as far as UYI shows go!

The number one thing for me will always be new music. 

Everything else is alllll side show to me. 

Unfortunately, the band goes so long in between releasing any new music, that all we have to pay attention to is the side show. Some times for years or decades at a time. 

1 hour ago, Waemoth said:

Why would anyone want better sounding versions of soundboards that are already circulating? Except for the AFD tour, Marquee, Ritz 87, 88 and Pasadena would be amazing to have in better quality. I mean, practically no-one in their right mind would prefer getting a better sounding version of Argentina 1992 when they could get a SBD/Pro-shot of a show with bad/no audio currently available. Inglewood 1991, MSG 1991 or Texas 1993 all the way as far as UYI shows go!

Pantages Theatre 1991 is the holy grail of UYI shows, IMO. It was shot on film so would likely be (one of) the best quality releases we could get, and the setlist was cool. (Rare performance of Bad Apples and a couple songs with Shannon Hoon). The quality would be as good as (or possibly better than) the footage in the YCBM video, from Ritz '91.

MSG 1991 (3rd night) would be awesome too, the show where they played Locomotive and Breakdown. Boston 1993 is another good one.

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

The thing about Ritz 88 IMO is the fact it’s the best quality product we are likely to get. It was professionally recorded for TV and the audio was used for broadcast on radio so there must be actual tapes. I don’t think that’s the case with the other gigs.

You may well be right in that it’s not their best gig but it has an energy and rawness to it.

The thing is, we don't really know what's sitting in the vault... we didn't know Ritz '87 was pro-shot until a year ago. We don't know what the footage of Giants Stadium looks like (or whatever show they filmed for the Paradise City video). Axl says at the Melbourne show that they're filming it to show their friends back home, or something like that... I would think there's a better quality recording out there somewhere. I'd take a less-than-perfect recording of an unseen show over a remastered copy of Ritz '88 any day of the week.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd take a less-than-perfect recording of an unseen show over a remastered copy of Ritz '88 any day of the week.

When you think about it, a release of Ritz 1988 would probably be the worst thing that could happen., given that it already is available with really nice audio and video With GNR you know that they'd not release anything else for the next ten years! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waemoth said:

When you think about it, a release of Ritz 1988 would probably be the worst thing that could happen., given that it already is available with really nice audio and video With GNR you know that they'd not release anything else for the next ten years! 

Exactly... and most people who want a good-quality version of the show probably already have it, in some form. The only potentially redeeming thing about a Ritz release would be if there's backstage and soundcheck footage, but even then, I'd infinitely prefer an unseen show. Or if they were to remaster another old bootleg, at least get in touch with Marc Canter and release some '86 club shows...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Nothing.  Lets face it, any new album'll be a load of shite.  No rock n roll band from way back when ever released a decent album when they're this far past their prime.  As for old unreleased shit, a lot of the shine came off that idea since that naff Appetite box set.  Other than that, live DVDS, meh, whatever, half that shit is knocking about online in some form or another anyway, oh what, it'll be blu-ray HD whatever the fuck who cares, if I've seen it I've seen it, I'm not bothered about screen quality so sharp you can see the ash falling off the end of Slashes fag. 

Bands are like fighters, they have a prime and once its passed you don't get the same deal again.  And quite frankly they don't fuckin' deserve it.  This bunch of idiots fucked up what was the best band of my generation, only to re-group 30 years later when it don't matter for shit anyway.  Talented wasters, thats what Guns were really, when its all said and done.  Shame cuz they could've been the fuckin' bollocks but that ship sailed long ago.

Len then proceeds to rawk out to Dirty Work.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Nothing.  Lets face it, any new album'll be a load of shite.  No rock n roll band from way back when ever released a decent album when they're this far past their prime.  As for old unreleased shit, a lot of the shine came off that idea since that naff Appetite box set.  Other than that, live DVDS, meh, whatever, half that shit is knocking about online in some form or another anyway, oh what, it'll be blu-ray HD whatever the fuck who cares, if I've seen it I've seen it, I'm not bothered about screen quality so sharp you can see the ash falling off the end of Slashes fag. 

Bands are like fighters, they have a prime and once its passed you don't get the same deal again.  And quite frankly they don't fuckin' deserve it.  This bunch of idiots fucked up what was the best band of my generation, only to re-group 30 years later when it don't matter for shit anyway.  Talented wasters, thats what Guns were really, when its all said and done.  Shame cuz they could've been the fuckin' bollocks but that ship sailed long ago.

I`m afraid this is the cold and hard truth. It's too late now and they (and we) don't even fully realize it.

33 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Probably a significant amount if not all the 'new' material will be from the 90's so even following your train of thought there is still hope for a...Stay of Execution.

I wouldn't mind that album title. Its hard to take that Guns don't have any other unreleased tracks from the Appetite & Illusion eras. Maybe they been holding them back but I'm not sure. I'd bet if they do they would be on par lyrically with Anything Goes...