DTJ80

Poll: What do we as fans and consumers want?

As fans and consumers, what do we want?  

333 members have voted

1. 1. As the title says, what do we the fans and consumers want to see made available for purchase? I have listed stuff I would like to see below but I’m sure there are loads of other things.

• A new album......
    • Officially released Ritz 88 on CD/DVD/Vinyl
    • Officially released Saskatoon 93 on CD/DVD/Vinyl
    • Use Your Illusion boxset
    • Officially released versions of known pro-shots
    • Perfect Crime documentary
    • Official live package of NITL tour
    • Other

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Nothing.  Lets face it, any new album'll be a load of shite.  No rock n roll band from way back when ever released a decent album when they're this far past their prime.  As for old unreleased shit, a lot of the shine came off that idea since that naff Appetite box set.  Other than that, live DVDS, meh, whatever, half that shit is knocking about online in some form or another anyway, oh what, it'll be blu-ray HD whatever the fuck who cares, if I've seen it I've seen it, I'm not bothered about screen quality so sharp you can see the ash falling off the end of Slashes fag. 

Bands are like fighters, they have a prime and once its passed you don't get the same deal again.  And quite frankly they don't fuckin' deserve it.  This bunch of idiots fucked up what was the best band of my generation, only to re-group 30 years later when it don't matter for shit anyway.  Talented wasters, thats what Guns were really, when its all said and done.  Shame cuz they could've been the fuckin' bollocks but that ship sailed long ago.

I`m afraid this is the cold and hard truth. It's too late now and they (and we) don't even fully realize it.

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Len then proceeds to rawk out to Dirty Work.

Yknow, as I was typing that I was thinking my man was gonna jump on that :lol:  The Stones ain’t any rock n roll band.

New album... as a die hard fan i’m getting bored with the all the nostalgia and want something fresh.. we have been listening to the same music for 30 years..and i will continue to hear it but.. times moves on.. 

33 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Probably a significant amount if not all the 'new' material will be from the 90's so even following your train of thought there is still hope for a...Stay of Execution.

I wouldn't mind that album title. Its hard to take that Guns don't have any other unreleased tracks from the Appetite & Illusion eras. Maybe they been holding them back but I'm not sure. I'd bet if they do they would be on par lyrically with Anything Goes...

Just now, Edward Nygma said:

I wouldn't mind that album title. Its hard to take that Guns don't have any other unreleased tracks from the Appetite & Illusion eras. Maybe they been holding them back but I'm not sure. I'd bet if they do they would be on par lyrically with Anything Goes...

Beggars can't be choosers. Honestly, I'd accept a full album of songs on par with My World lyrics.

I'd accept an album with no lyrics. Like a dark deranged Sigur Ros with Axl just fucking howling away.

• Like 1

The acts who cope with proceedings best in old age are troubadour style solo acts like Dylan, Neil Young and Johnny Cash. You big rock/metal acts are now all embarrassing. 

• GNFNR 1

About releasing something new, they don’t owe us anything, treated with some respect and etc..

I think that we're the problem..

I believe that we as fans have the power to change things.. if they continue doing the same setlist for years and years, and we we complain but still continue making sold out shows/filling stadiums they'll probably continue doing the same indefinitely..easy money.. But..if they have problems filling stadiums and start loosing our support they probably change their strategy and do something about it..or they disappear..

It's my thought..maybe i'm wrong

Edited by duffgnr86

9 minutes ago, duffgnr86 said:

About releasing something new, they don’t owe us anything, treated with some respect and etc..

I think that we're the problem..

I believe that we as fans have the power to change things.. if they continue doing the same setlist for years and years, and we we complain but still continue making sold out shows/filling stadiums they'll probably continue doing the same indefinitely..easy money.. But..if they have problems filling stadiums and start loosing our support they probably change their strategy and do something about it..or they disappear..

It's my thought..maybe i'm wrong

There’s a huge demographic who’s fine with everything they’ve done and continue to do. They just don’t visit this forum.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

There’s a huge demographic who’s fine with everything they’ve done and continue to do. They just don’t visit this forum.

They do visit but only to know exactly how to displease us.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

QXO7aXT.png

• Like 1

New mygnr t-shirt idea featuring ''Axl doesn't owe you anything''. Somebody get on the job immediately and make it happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

good point

14 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

This is very true for the casual fans.  I brought a group of my friends to the 2017 show and they were thrilled to get a chance to see Axl and Slash together playing the classics.  Unlike me, they never had the chance to see them back in the day, and it was a great time for all.

4 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

This is very true for the casual fans.  I brought a group of my friends to the 2017 show and they were thrilled to get a chance to see Axl and Slash together playing the classics.  Unlike me, they never had the chance to see them back in the day, and it was a great time for all.

Off topic, but I just read your signature. Out of curiosity what did you think of the Gorge show? That was my first time going to that venue and it was really cool, but I thought the 2016 show at Century Link was much better.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Nothing.  Lets face it, any new album'll be a load of shite.  No rock n roll band from way back when ever released a decent album when they're this far past their prime.  As for old unreleased shit, a lot of the shine came off that idea since that naff Appetite box set.  Other than that, live DVDS, meh, whatever, half that shit is knocking about online in some form or another anyway, oh what, it'll be blu-ray HD whatever the fuck who cares, if I've seen it I've seen it, I'm not bothered about screen quality so sharp you can see the ash falling off the end of Slashes fag. 

Bands are like fighters, they have a prime and once its passed you don't get the same deal again.  And quite frankly they don't fuckin' deserve it.  This bunch of idiots fucked up what was the best band of my generation, only to re-group 30 years later when it don't matter for shit anyway.  Talented wasters, thats what Guns were really, when its all said and done.  Shame cuz they could've been the fuckin' bollocks but that ship sailed long ago.

Pretty much.

Also, does no one realise that Ritz DVDs are available left, right and centre? If it did get an official release, they'd only find a way to fuck it up somehow.

Seriously, this band needs to just release some fucking music (y'know, like proper bands do) or STFU already.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pantages Theatre 1991 is the holy grail of UYI shows, IMO. It was shot on film so would likely be (one of) the best quality releases we could get, and the setlist was cool. (Rare performance of Bad Apples and a couple songs with Shannon Hoon). The quality would be as good as (or possibly better than) the footage in the YCBM video, from Ritz '91.

MSG 1991 (3rd night) would be awesome too, the show where they played Locomotive and Breakdown. Boston 1993 is another good one.

The thing is, we don't really know what's sitting in the vault... we didn't know Ritz '87 was pro-shot until a year ago. We don't know what the footage of Giants Stadium looks like (or whatever show they filmed for the Paradise City video). Axl says at the Melbourne show that they're filming it to show their friends back home, or something like that... I would think there's a better quality recording out there somewhere. I'd take a less-than-perfect recording of an unseen show over a remastered copy of Ritz '88 any day of the week.

True - the mythical vault! Really, who knows what is in there as you say.

Still - I would personally love a top quality version. As an aside - I think there maybe a newer unofficial version of Ritz 88 on the way judging by some comments from @Lim666.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

I honestly can't imagine a newly recorded NITL lineup album being as good as an untampered CD2, but I'd be estatic if I was wrong.

But fuck it, at this point I'd take anything, beggars can't be choosers. I'd even be happy with Unwanted Illusions-type stuff being spruced up and packaged as an album if the band truly couldn't be arsed to do anything else.

All Appetite and Illusion era on Bluray, every show as it was with no added vocals,tweaking etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

All Appetite and Illusion era on Bluray, every show as it was with no added vocals,tweaking etc

A streaming platform or subscription service of some kind with all the shows they've recorded up til now, would be so much better than whatever they could fit in a box-set. They could start with a handful of shows and add stuff every month... :drool:

• Like 2

All of that, honestly. There's nothing listed that I'm not interested in. Most of all I want a new album and the perfect crime documentary. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A streaming platform or subscription service of some kind with all the shows they've recorded up til now, would be so much better than whatever they could fit in a box-set. They could start with a handful of shows and add stuff every month... :drool:

I don't think of it as very profitable..

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm old school so i like to have a hard copy of my music and vids. 

I'd def sign up for a subscription thing too ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Think they should do a site where you can buy each show separately, maybe add things over time, think that could be very profitable, if they wanted to stop people pirating the shows then fine, but we would all have a way to access the shows