Poll: What do we as fans and consumers want?

As fans and consumers, what do we want?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

About releasing something new, they don’t owe us anything, treated with some respect and etc..

I think that we're the problem..

I believe that we as fans have the power to change things.. if they continue doing the same setlist for years and years, and we we complain but still continue making sold out shows/filling stadiums they'll probably continue doing the same indefinitely..easy money.. But..if they have problems filling stadiums and start loosing our support they probably change their strategy and do something about it..or they disappear..

It's my thought..maybe i'm wrong

Edited by duffgnr86

9 minutes ago, duffgnr86 said:

About releasing something new, they don’t owe us anything, treated with some respect and etc..

I believe that we as fans have the power to change things.. if they continue doing the same setlist for years and years, and we we complain but still continue making sold out shows/filling stadiums they'll probably continue doing the same indefinitely..easy money.. But..if they have problems filling stadiums and start loosing our support they probably change their strategy and do something about it..or they disappear..

There’s a huge demographic who’s fine with everything they’ve done and continue to do. They just don’t visit this forum.

14 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

There’s a huge demographic who’s fine with everything they’ve done and continue to do. They just don’t visit this forum.

This is very true for the casual fans.  I brought a group of my friends to the 2017 show and they were thrilled to get a chance to see Axl and Slash together playing the classics.  Unlike me, they never had the chance to see them back in the day, and it was a great time for all.

4 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

This is very true for the casual fans.  I brought a group of my friends to the 2017 show and they were thrilled to get a chance to see Axl and Slash together playing the classics.  Unlike me, they never had the chance to see them back in the day, and it was a great time for all.

Off topic, but I just read your signature. Out of curiosity what did you think of the Gorge show? That was my first time going to that venue and it was really cool, but I thought the 2016 show at Century Link was much better.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Nothing.  Lets face it, any new album'll be a load of shite.  No rock n roll band from way back when ever released a decent album when they're this far past their prime.  As for old unreleased shit, a lot of the shine came off that idea since that naff Appetite box set.  Other than that, live DVDS, meh, whatever, half that shit is knocking about online in some form or another anyway, oh what, it'll be blu-ray HD whatever the fuck who cares, if I've seen it I've seen it, I'm not bothered about screen quality so sharp you can see the ash falling off the end of Slashes fag. 

Bands are like fighters, they have a prime and once its passed you don't get the same deal again.  And quite frankly they don't fuckin' deserve it.  This bunch of idiots fucked up what was the best band of my generation, only to re-group 30 years later when it don't matter for shit anyway.  Talented wasters, thats what Guns were really, when its all said and done.  Shame cuz they could've been the fuckin' bollocks but that ship sailed long ago.

Pretty much.

Also, does no one realise that Ritz DVDs are available left, right and centre? If it did get an official release, they'd only find a way to fuck it up somehow.

Seriously, this band needs to just release some fucking music (y'know, like proper bands do) or STFU already.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pantages Theatre 1991 is the holy grail of UYI shows, IMO. It was shot on film so would likely be (one of) the best quality releases we could get, and the setlist was cool. (Rare performance of Bad Apples and a couple songs with Shannon Hoon). The quality would be as good as (or possibly better than) the footage in the YCBM video, from Ritz '91.

MSG 1991 (3rd night) would be awesome too, the show where they played Locomotive and Breakdown. Boston 1993 is another good one.

The thing is, we don't really know what's sitting in the vault... we didn't know Ritz '87 was pro-shot until a year ago. We don't know what the footage of Giants Stadium looks like (or whatever show they filmed for the Paradise City video). Axl says at the Melbourne show that they're filming it to show their friends back home, or something like that... I would think there's a better quality recording out there somewhere. I'd take a less-than-perfect recording of an unseen show over a remastered copy of Ritz '88 any day of the week.

True - the mythical vault! Really, who knows what is in there as you say.

Still - I would personally love a top quality version. As an aside - I think there maybe a newer unofficial version of Ritz 88 on the way judging by some comments from @Lim666.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

I honestly can't imagine a newly recorded NITL lineup album being as good as an untampered CD2, but I'd be estatic if I was wrong.

But fuck it, at this point I'd take anything, beggars can't be choosers. I'd even be happy with Unwanted Illusions-type stuff being spruced up and packaged as an album if the band truly couldn't be arsed to do anything else.

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

All Appetite and Illusion era on Bluray, every show as it was with no added vocals,tweaking etc

A streaming platform or subscription service of some kind with all the shows they've recorded up til now, would be so much better than whatever they could fit in a box-set. They could start with a handful of shows and add stuff every month... :drool:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A streaming platform or subscription service of some kind with all the shows they've recorded up til now, would be so much better than whatever they could fit in a box-set. They could start with a handful of shows and add stuff every month... :drool:

I don't think of it as very profitable..

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm old school so i like to have a hard copy of my music and vids. 

I'd def sign up for a subscription thing too ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Think they should do a site where you can buy each show separately, maybe add things over time, think that could be very profitable, if they wanted to stop people pirating the shows then fine, but we would all have a way to access the shows

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Off topic, but I just read your signature. Out of curiosity what did you think of the Gorge show? That was my first time going to that venue and it was really cool, but I thought the 2016 show at Century Link was much better.

yup, I was at both shows.  The wife and I were in the Pit at Century Link, so that was cool as hell.  We went with a bunch of people to the Gorge show, but were on the lawn.  So, from that perspective, being in the Pit was more awesome.  But both shows were cool.

The gorge fires really made for a crazy scene at the 2017 show.

I had been to a couple of shows prior at the Gorge, and it is always a good time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

yup, I was at both shows.  The wife and I were in the Pit at Century Link, so that was cool as hell.  We went with a bunch of people to the Gorge show, but were on the lawn.  So, from that perspective, being in the Pit was more awesome.  But both shows were cool.

The gorge fires really made for a crazy scene at the 2017 show.

I had been to a couple of shows prior at the Gorge, and it is always a good time.

Nice, I was in the pit for both shows. Coma, This I Love and Out Ta Get Me at the 2016 show were incredible, the best performances of those songs I've seen live for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duffgnr86 said:

I don't think of it as very profitable..

If they updated it regularly, it'd be profitable... Let's say it's $10-15 per month, they could start it off with around 30 shows, and add more shows and documentaries each month. There's at least 3 documentaries sitting in the vault, probably more, and rehearsal footage for Troubadour/Vegas 2016, etc. It would also be the only chance the CD-era fans would get to see/hear those late 2001 shows, not to mention all the footage from 2006-2010... there's enough material from 1986-2018 that they could keep that going for a while IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duffgnr86 said:

I've always said "Vote with your wallet" but GNR fans keep buying the tickets, so GNR keeps doing the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

The pre-NITL ticket sales would say otherwise. The tickets sold were fewer and fewer and fewer. 

The big draw over the last couple of years was that Slash and Duff returned to the fold. They already had to step down to arenas in the US on their second run through. Many of those arena shows weren't even sold out. Many of them ended up on Groupon and still weren't sold out. 

At best, GNR needs to tour only every couple of years if they plan on sustaining touring without ever releasing new music. 

• Like 1

Alright, new album, boxset etc all good ideas. Replacing band members? Yeh, not happening. 

Also, yeah the whole threatening of families etc is absolute disrespect and totally over the line. As for anything else that GNR choose to do, I don't feel disrespected. If they don't want to release music or give interviews, that's on them and I don't take it personal in any way shape or form... Why? Because even though I love GNR above ant other band! They are still just a band and really don't affect my life besides the fact that I enjoy listening to them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pantages Theatre 1991 is the holy grail of UYI shows, IMO. It was shot on film so would likely be (one of) the best quality releases we could get, and the setlist was cool. (Rare performance of Bad Apples and a couple songs with Shannon Hoon). The quality would be as good as (or possibly better than) the footage in the YCBM video, from Ritz '91.

MSG 1991 (3rd night) would be awesome too, the show where they played Locomotive and Breakdown. Boston 1993 is another good one.

The thing is, we don't really know what's sitting in the vault... we didn't know Ritz '87 was pro-shot until a year ago. We don't know what the footage of Giants Stadium looks like (or whatever show they filmed for the Paradise City video). Axl says at the Melbourne show that they're filming it to show their friends back home, or something like that... I would think there's a better quality recording out there somewhere. I'd take a less-than-perfect recording of an unseen show over a remastered copy of Ritz '88 any day of the week.

I was at the first night of the MSG 1991 concert. He was actually happy. He didn't go off on anyone that night. I wish they played Breakdown at that show. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1