Poll: What do we as fans and consumers want?

As fans and consumers, what do we want?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

He thinks it is funny you don't know that GN'R has released three records in the last 28 years and hence you can't use that time period as some kind of evidence that the band won't release again, too?

TSI: Shite covers album. Doesn't count.

LE: Shite re-recorded live album. Doesn't count.

CD: Not a Guns N' Roses album.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Now, moving goalposts to hide one's own blunder, is always funny.

So I take it that everyone who has selected ''a new album'' in this poll would feel their choice has been thoroughly fulfilled through the release of either a covers album or a live album?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

So I take it that everyone who has selected ''a new album'' in this poll would feel their choice has been thoroughly fulfilled through the release of either a covers album or a live album?

How would I know? It is still not relevant and just a red herring. We weren't talking about what other people put in "new record" but you claiming the band won't release a new record because of evidence from the last 28 years :lol:

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll bet you a slab of Guns N' Roses Cheddar. It might be a bit whiffy when you receive it through the post in kiwi land. 

I have twenty-eight years of evidence on my side.

In 1997–2015, it was a completely different band though. The one we’re talking about now didn’t exist then. So your evidence shrinks to 1994–96, which was a post huge tour period with at least one new single out, and then 2016–18, which was a monstrous reunion tour period with basically no time to record anything.

There goes your evidence. :D

Just now, SoulMonster said:

How would I know? It is still not relevant and just a red herring. We weren't talking about what other people put in "new record" but you claiming the band won't release a new record because of evidence from the last 28 years :lol:

You really are a pedant Herr Flick.

I think it is fairly obvious that when 99.9% of people say, ''new album'', they don't mean covers albums or live albums. 

It doesn't really matter, nor interest me, what your thoughts are on what other people think. 

What I also find funny here is that since you reject CD as a GN'R album it must mean that you don't accept that GN'R existed in all of those 28 years you used as "evidence". So you are basically arguing that a now revived band can't possible release again because it didn't release anything when it was dead. That is funny :lol:

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oi! We agreed 'new album' that means any form of new album ya snake! :lol:

The ship has certainly sailed my cobber.

Indeed it has. 

@DieselDaisy: I want to get in on this bet. Will you send me some cheese too when if they release a new album? I will even accept your moved goalposts of only allowing new albums with original music not released before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

It doesn't really matter, nor interest me, what your thoughts are on what other people think. 

What I also find funny here is that since you reject CD as a GN'R album it must mean that you don't accept that GN'R existed in all of those 28 years you used as "evidence". So you are basically arguing that a now revived band can't possible release again because it didn't release anything when it was dead. That is funny :lol:

And I am sure you treasure your spaghetti album and live era in the much the same way as fans of bands who actually release proper albums treasure their proper albums?

Thus a discography is doubled haha.

And I am sure you treasure your spaghetti album and live era in the much the same way as fans of bands who actually release proper albums treasure their proper albums?

The discussion has come to a point where you just post nonsense.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Didn't he go off on the press at that show?

I don't think he did. I just remember him being really happy for some reason. Maybe it was because I was going in for surgery after that concert.  I also remember starting to like Soundgarden as a result of them opening that night for GNR. 

Now, now people - let’s not squabble! As the originator of the poll, my thought behind the ‘new album’ was certainly based on original material as I really don’t see another cover album being released (before original material anyway).

However - if it WAS a covers album then technically it would be new!! 🤯 Maybe an EP is more likely - some new and some covers.....?

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I advise @DieselDaisyto buy some GN'R cheese before it is too late. A new album can take a while, the cheese batch is surely limited. Buy and freeze so you can ship to NZ whenever the new album is out.

(Love it. He takes everything so literally haha).

Yes but I'd have a hundred year old cheese in my freezer whilst Goat waits for Rose to finish off Cockroach Soup?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@DieselDaisy you better not be! The deal is done old chap.

Nooooope! You can't make up new parameters after a wager has already been made.

I'm not accepting that - I'm sorry. The poll maker said he implied new material. I entered into the agreement on the understanding that the ''new album'' would compromise new material. That is my criteria. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
auto correct crap

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

New album equates a proper new album, i.e., not shite covers albums and fake live albums. Then, under those circumstances, I accept the bet and look forward to receiving my GN'R cheese.

A "fake" re-recorded live album would be better than a "real" live album..Axl's voice would be better in a studio (confrmed with "Rock The Rock")..we don't want Rocket Queen or you Could Be Mine with the NITL voice..

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

...JAAN! @janrichmond tell him he has to fulfill the bet or I get to rename him! JAAN HELP! 

I have been conned here, as I could just imagine Rose sticking out some live album in three years time of the NITLT.

''New album'': proper new album. Cockroach Soup, Atlas Shrugged and Oklahoma.