Last song you learned to play on guitar?

I've started playing a lot of guitar again and learning a lot of new songs every week, so name the last song you learned to play on guitar, to inspire others and give suggestions.

I'll start:

Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers. Relatively easy to play but with some cool chord progressions and a nice rhythm.

Never really learned much complex stuff.  Most Ramones songs I could play, a lot of early Beatles, a few little Johnny Thunders bits.  A lot of little bits like that actually, little riffs but then not the whole song, I could do the Voodoo Child riff, Walk This Way, tons of little ones here and there like that.  I actually found The Stones stuff more complicated that anything else because it appears that no one instrument is really carrying the bag, even with the guitars its kinda like interplay so its odd doing it as a one man thing.  Learned All Along the Watchtower by Dylan, White Riot by The Clash I could do...I could go on all day really, forgotten most of it now but its none of it that complex as I say, I could run through it now after a little refresh.  But it was all a bit pointless because I was never learning how to play like, in a practical context, it was just for my own gratification.

1 hour ago, Aien said:

"War" by Joe Satriani from his 1992 album, "The Extremist". An amazing song, you should definitely check it out.

Not a huge Satch fan, but Motorcycle Driver from that album is awesome.

Last song I learned was either Kill the King or Take No Prisoners, did both as covers in a band and I don't recall which I learned first.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Walk This Way

There are those famous riffs/licks that every guitarist in the world will learn to play sooner or later and the intro/main riff to Walk This Way is one of them. I've always considered the verse riff more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jimi Hendrix - Long Hot Summer Night

Blur - Charmless Man. Really fun to play and more tricky than you might think at first hear if you want to play it how Graham Coxon plays it. He's a great guitarist with an unusual style.

• Like 2