The Time Doug Goldstein Hired Spies To Keep an Eye on Axl and Slash

7 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

It’s hard not to imagine that GnR might have stayed together if every manager they had wasn’t a thundering imbecile. 

According to the video, it was the "imbecile" manager that got Axl to perform the show and get Slash to "apologize" on stage for being a junkie so that Axl would perform and stay in the band with him.  If not for Goldstein, they might have broken up before UYI was released.

22 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

According to the video, it was the "imbecile" manager that got Axl to perform the show and get Slash to "apologize" on stage for being a junkie so that Axl would perform and stay in the band with him.  If not for Goldstein, they might have broken up before UYI was released.

Thanks to Goldstein, they broke up afterwards instead.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Because if we know anything about effective management and leadership, it is all about forcing others to capitulate to the tantrums of a single person.

36 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Nah i trust izzy would have sorted it out with a phonecall.

On 13-2-2019 at 12:26 PM, MildlyArtistic said:

Thanks to Goldstein, they broke up afterwards instead.

Yeah, it's Goldstein. Not Yoda, Axl's antics, the lateness, the constant boozing and drugs but the manager who couldn't keep that sane bunch of people together.

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Its not a coincidence they were always surrounded by insane people. Crazy attracts crazy. They were a mixture of uneducated trash and insanity (mainly Axl). Throw in all the money and popularity, and its no wonder they aquired so many freaks along the way

For six years now, Slash has been a bandleader and, this time, there are fewer of the hangers-on who attached themselves to Guns and Velvet Revolver. “When Axl and I first got back together again and started talking about the issues that we had, the origins of them really went out to other people,” he says. “It wasn’t just because we were passing the buck – there were other entities involved that created a lot of havoc.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/14/slash-greatest-hits-guns-n-roses-velvet-revolver-bob-dylan-lemmy

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

this time, there are fewer of the hangers-on who attached themselves to Guns

Not sure how much truth is in there. At least on Axl's part. He still has the masseuse, the personal trainer, 3 road managers, his personal assistants and all the well known hangers-on going to a lot of shows.

Edited by dgnr

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

Not sure how much truth is in there. At least on Axl's part. He still has the masseuse, the personal trainer, 3 road managers, his personal assistants and all the well known hangers-on going to a lot of shows.

True but Duff and Slash don't have to deal with them :lol: 

(or pay for them)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

For six years now, Slash has been a bandleader and, this time, there are fewer of the hangers-on who attached themselves to Guns and Velvet Revolver. “When Axl and I first got back together again and started talking about the issues that we had, the origins of them really went out to other people,” he says. “It wasn’t just because we were passing the buck – there were other entities involved that created a lot of havoc.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/14/slash-greatest-hits-guns-n-roses-velvet-revolver-bob-dylan-lemmy

And now all we have to do is wait that Slash kicks the hangers-on/other leeches out, kicks Axl's ass to the studio and Voila! A miracle! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

You!

I hate all that poncified crap. I won some competition last year to a health spa type place and it was awful, full of homosexual millionaires walking around in bathrobes, a bar with poncy cocktails.  

''Back, sack and crack''. Those aren't blokes who are into that type of thing.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I hate all that poncified crap. I won some competition last year to a health spa type place and it was awful, full of homosexual millionaires walking around in bathrobes, a bar with poncy cocktails.  

''Back, sack and crack''. Those aren't blokes who are into that type of thing.

Ill bet DD they probably had wives and kids as a diversion from their closet homesexuality.

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

I don't really consider those people that Axl actually hired as "hangers on". If they're indeed legitimately there to do a job.  It's Axl's choice that they're involved.

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I don't really consider those people that Axl actually hired as "hangers on". If they're indeed legitimately there to do a job.  It's Axl's choice that they're involved.

The difference is back in the illusion days the whole band paid for it, now axl pays for it himself. Im sure its a relief now for slash.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Interesting interview, i'm like this part that Slash compare with Lennon, very funny :D

• Like 1